Never can get beyond applying online...what's with that?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Michelle in Los Angeles, California

83 months ago

I've applied a few times using the online application for a Histotech position (they have 4 openings as I write this), but I never get ANY communication back. What's with this? This probably explains why they have had openings available for months.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

5 yrs in Mission Viejo, California

83 months ago

Contact the HR department directly. They are not the best at following up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Sheila Morrow in Mckinney, Texas

83 months ago

After applying numerous times over the past few months, I finally recieved an interview. I felt the interview went great. I was impressed with the two women I interviewed with and was certain I had a job. When I did't hear back from anyone I called. Not once but three times and never recieved a courtesy call back. I have great qualifications and good references. I haven't got a clue what these people want. But I was later told there is a big turn over there. So, you might want to look elsewhere if you are looking for a long term job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Karen in Houston, Texas

83 months ago

Michelle in Los Angeles, California said: I've applied a few times using the online application for a Histotech position (they have 4 openings as I write this), but I never get ANY communication back. What's with this? This probably explains why they have had openings available for months.

This hospital always has an add. They can't keep people - stay away rts - the work load is back breaking.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Endless Apps in Roswell, Georgia

26 months ago

It seems they list openings when there appears to be none. It is almost a waste of time to bother applying. I have applied to over 100 openings at Fulton Regional in GA and have never been contacted. Some positions I was over qualified, others were a perfect match. It is almost humorous how this is a time suck for those of us desperate for work, well qualified and starving.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

joshualou@hotmail.com in Riverside, California

12 months ago

People, you are all absolutely right, they are posting position but in time reality they don't need. Wasting our time filing their online application. Do they have heart??? Yes, no return message or whatsoever.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Vilma72 in Houston, Texas

12 months ago

Hello everyone ,
I have been working as CNA for almost 10 yrs. for short , I let my certifications expired in Oklahoma. Now going back to CNA class here in Houston . My main question. I really wanted to work in the Hospital for a change. Every time I look at the add, most required Hospital experience . Is any one can tell me the best way to apply in the hospital . I am one of the good worker in this field and reliable. I hope any HR out there would give me a chance to work as CNA in the hospital . You won't regret it .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jimmyt1141 in Niagara Falls, New York

7 months ago

Michelle in Los Angeles, California said: I've applied a few times using the online application for a Histotech position (they have 4 openings as I write this), but I never get ANY communication back. What's with this? This probably explains why they have had openings available for months.

It is that way with many places now. The computer soft ware is set to reject applications that don't have the exact right key words, even though a person is extremely well qualified. Good luck trying to get anyone in HR to deal with your question, they go out of their way to avoid contact with applicants. Job hunting in this day and age would make little orphan Annie give up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.