Tenet Health News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Tenet Health stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

I in San Juan Capistrano, California

90 months ago

They're gonna keep on growing and for now at least maintain their industry presence. No matter what people say about the company's reputation and finances, it's hard to topple a whole system. Yes, maybe a hospital divesture here and there. But, ultimately someone needs to run the show. What really convinces me is the types of projects they're doing behind the medical scene to keep revenue coming and operations flowing. On top of that, they've got intelligent people doing that work and doing so with competence. It's impressive looking at it from the business side. Such talent and very smart moves.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

J. Smiley in Birmingham, Alabama

90 months ago

I in San Juan Capistrano, California said: They're gonna keep on growing and for now at least maintain their industry presence. No matter what people say about the company's reputation and finances, it's hard to topple a whole system. Yes, maybe a hospital divesture here and there. But, ultimately someone needs to run the show. What really convinces me is the types of projects they're doing behind the medical scene to keep revenue coming and operations flowing. On top of that, they've got intelligent people doing that work and doing so with competence. It's impressive looking at it from the business side. Such talent and very smart moves.

Perhaps in California they do....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

5 yrs in Mission Viejo, California

87 months ago

Many Tenet Healthcare Hospitals in CA are really suffering financially and the employees and patients are suffering for it. We are always on cutbacks, hiring freezes and ordering freezes. We each do the work of multiple people because they will get away with paying the least amount of people they can and we often have to rely on reps bringing stickies and pens for supplies.
They send out letters now and again saying they are working on things...but long term so far... nothing has changed on this level. The administrators make more and the employees who have been there long term get fired and replaced with less experienced individuals they can pay less.
This may be different depending on the state you are in...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

RNCRMC in Hickory, North Carolina

86 months ago

after many years of working for another company we were bought ourt by Tenet. I have been a nurse there for many years They have cut our benefits, Md,s in our area want take our insurance, management gets all the perks and bonuses. Nurse's get a $35.00 grocery store cert. at Christmas, on which we are taxed. JD Powers award for 2 years got us 1 movie rental from block buster.while the Admin enjoys retreats, bonuses, and a completely different benefit package. Our raises have been 3% for years now from Nursing staff to EVS. They ask you to do surveys and then ask to have them resbmitted if thiings look daunting. We were cut on our help. They contract with individuals, and then when I ask about it was told it was untrue, but now have facts. Baylor positions are created for week days, allowing theese people to make more while working less, than the old regular employees, new grad sign on bonuses but nothing ffor retention. Then we get to help develope these new Nurses for no comp. So you are really resposible for your patients and there's while they make as much almost as a 20 yr nurse with company loyalty. If you speak out, then you are sutly targeted for harrasment and scrutiny by other staff who AD's pit against each other every one trying to be the good one. lack of patient concern is obvios with material cut backs cheaper products and recycled equip. I becme ill this summer requring emergeny surgery multi infusion and Op Infusion. They would not let me return, until Treatment was complete, after that time, I had been out longer than 12 weeks. I was in daily contact with my floor and had no idea that when the mail man cme that day with a certified letter that I was terminated, after all of those years. They never sent a get well card,or had concern for my welfare or my families, but The letter said it all you are no more than a number,and if you get wise you are out the door, and they have a large legal dept to head the plan. Go to Tenet the stuggle to survive 2003

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.