Textron News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Textron stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

non-textron realist

101 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

I believe they need to get with it, with the ads. I believe they will expand the staff.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JO in Costa Mesa, California

101 months ago

Don't trust this employer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

DNC in Savannah, Georgia

101 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

Textron owns a lot of companies, EZ-Go Golf Cart and Cessna are only two.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bonnie - Charlotte, NC in Charlotte, North Carolina

101 months ago

This company has problems...I applied for their receptionist position two weeks ago.
I received a rejection letter that they found someone for the job and now they
need a receptionist again!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

DNC in Savannah, Georgia

101 months ago

Bonnie - Charlotte, NC said: This company has problems...I applied for their receptionist position two weeks ago.
I received a rejection letter that they found someone for the job and now they need a receptionist again!

There are two divisions in Charlotte, Maag Pump and Jacobsen. I don't think either is hurting for money. Which one did you deal with?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Swansea, Massachusetts

100 months ago

I went for an interview in their Providence headquarters within the "diversity" arena -- all in the department are white, white white. What does that tell you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

frank in Haworth, New Jersey

99 months ago

textron stinks-they used to be a good place to work until Campbell took over-he's a complete ass who's out of touch with the reality his employees deal with. do not work for him.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

B_N in Lowell, Massachusetts

98 months ago

I interviewed at Textron for a Supervisor position.

I met with the engineer & current Production Supervisor & was supposed to meet with the department manager as well, but he had "personel" issues.
The interview was rescheduled, twice, then I received my "didn't get the job" email!

How can that be when I never saw the manager??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Larry in New Orleans in Lacombe, Louisiana

98 months ago

LOL Land and marine branch of Textron is a friends and family run buisness. Take it from me there is going to be major layoffs since the faliure of the MRP and arista prototype cars. The asv is at the end of its production.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Tony in Lehi, Utah

98 months ago

Textron Corporate, is either blind or condones the behavior at EZ-GO in Augusta, Ga. All of the current Managers in the Engineering dept came from the VP's former company. They also have a design supervisor that is more or less a stool pigeon for the VP. Its a sweat shop with NO career path for Designers. Stay away from them, its career suicide.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.