How to get a job at The Cheesecake Factory.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Do you work at The Cheesecake Factory? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Choua X in St. Paul, Minnesota

18 months ago

I apologize in advance for bringing up an old topic, but I need some help with this as well.

I've been a server for over 6 years, working at different restaurants all ranging from fine to casual dining. Now don't ask why, but I've been trying to get a job at The Cheesecake Factory for quite some time now, but to no avail. I have a great standing with all my previous jobs, and I take great pride in my craft as a server and I do very well. However, for some reason, I can't seem to get an interview with The Cheesecake Factory. Maybe it's the fact that they have you take a personality assessment test, along with your application. I understand the 'supposed' purpose of the test, as it's used to screen out unwanted applicants, but I absolutely hate those darn tests. How in the world are you suppose to pass those tests? I feel like it's impossible. I've also heard rumors that The Cheesecake Factory only hires upon personal references and who you know. Is that true as well? And I know they're looking for servers because they keep posting ads for it. It just disappoints me because no matter how great my resume and experience may look, I keep getting overlooked.

Can anyone possibly add some insight to this? Perhaps someone who currently works at The Cheesecake Factory could help answer this, too. Thank you very much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cupcake in Granite Bay, California

12 months ago

Really the best way is to know someone, otherwise you'll just have to go in and introduce yourself and express how much and why you want to work there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.