The Children's Aid Society Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at The Children's Aid Society?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

The Ghost of J.J. Kelso in Toronto, Ontario

35 months ago

I have had a few interviews with different Children's Aid Societies around the province. The questions asked during the interviews have are generally the same.

1. Why do you think you would be a good fit for this job?
2. Why do you want to work in child protection?
3. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
4. Describe a challenging situation you have been faced with in the past and how you dealt with it?
5. A position with CAS comes with a lot of power and authority. How do you feel about that?
6. How familiar are you with the judicial system/court room setting?
7. Describe your experience with working with ethnic minorities?

There is generally a written part at the end of the interview. Although your interviewers may not mention it, they expect your responses to be well written in full sentences and in paragraph format.. Avoid short and point form answers.

Some of the questions I have been asked in the written portion have described a fictional scenario of child abuse/negligence and how would you remedy the situation. When composing these answers don't be afraid to make some references to the Child and Family Services Act, Differential Response Model, and the Child Protection Standards of Ontario. Let it be known that you would have no hesitation with any kind of apprehension if considered necessary.

I hope this helps. Best of luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (50) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.