Terrible, very unfair working place with very low employees morale; bollying is a base

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (17)

Former victim in Tampa, Florida

23 months ago

Destructive behavioral pattern occur when the group made decision like firing a poor performer. Co-workers routinely treated one another with disdain and disrespect.

Scowls, insults, back-stabbing, teasing, and widespreaded meaness; completely infected working environment. One nasty person brings down the whole team. Anger and hostility are contigues in this firm and the whole team becams infected.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Don'tbelieveit in Phoenix, Arizona

23 months ago

I think this is going on in a lot of professions. The bosses letting the established group rule the roost. In their feeble attempt to have "teamwork", they let the group get rid of anyone they don't like.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

23 months ago

I am in Tampa. They are ALWAYS advertising. But that place is a mill, and that is to be expected. Unfortunately, your grammer gives a bit of an indication of why you were hired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Unemployed Paralegal in Denver, Colorado

23 months ago

I still want to know what "contingues" means.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

Um, grammar is just so INCORRECT!!! It grammar.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

The attorney is hispanic and does foreclosure work. He hires hispanic secretaries (English is their second language). He pays lower wages ($12.00 an hour).

I believe the word is contagious.

You get what you pay for. Folks, this forum right here just cements the concept, it doesn't matter how educated or skilled you are, what determines whether or not you get hired is if you are what they are looking for. I have applied with a job with this crappy attorney. Being white with an Irish name, I didn't even get an interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

Try using "Maria" as your first name. Knowing this firm, however, why would you want to work there in the first place.

When you wrote, above, that this firm is always advertising, did you mean soliciting for clients or advertising for staff? I would gather advertising for staff; the place sounds like a turnstile.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

It is ALWAYS advertising for staff, in craigslist, Career Builder. Yes, it is definitely a turnstile. I have a friend who took a job with Coxe doing data entry. These places scrutinize your productivity. My last name is very very very Irish (which has helped me out a few times when I was having a meltdown).

Don'tbelieveit in Phoenix, Arizona

23 months ago

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida said: The attorney is hispanic and does foreclosure work. He hires hispanic secretaries (English is their second language). He pays lower wages ($12.00 an hour).

I believe the word is contagious.

You get what you pay for. Folks, this forum right here just cements the concept, it doesn't matter how educated or skilled you are, what determines whether or not you get hired is if you are what they are looking for. I have applied with a job with this crappy attorney. Being white with an Irish name, I didn't even get an interview.

Good post. I've seen this too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

Contiguous(Contiguous disease)- wide spreading

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

Contagious; you right,sorry! Maybe you right about my grammar, but I know grammar not grammer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

Unemployed, I was think the same thing too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

Yes, Mary, and you know I was referring to you regarding that law firm's reputation.

23 months ago

I agree the place probably is probably low on creating a working with employee morale in mind (diplomatically correct). However, that place is a mill. It's sole purpose is to process foreclosure documents for their clients (banks). All those employees are temporary. Foreclosure is a matter of supply and demand. When foreclosures stop then they will no longer be needed and they will be let go.

As for the employees they hired, they are "buying" the cheapest brand, expecting to get reasonable use for that employee. My logic tells me a lot of the people they hire have adequate to mediocre skills, but are trainable to do a certain job (the same thing over and over) to an employer's expectations. (This is a 1950's standard).

Most uneducated people are full of drama and have a knowitall personality. I suspect this is also the case here. This person couldn't tolerate constructive criticism, is defensive and probably very argumentative.

Years ago I worked for a PI attorney who hired a hispanic uneducated woman to be the receptionist. Her personality got to the point I told the attorney if she ever hits me we will not be sitting in your office to discuss it - I will call 911 and she will be arrested. I eventually quit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida said: Most uneducated people are full of drama and have a knowitall personality. I suspect this is also the case here. This person couldn't tolerate constructive criticism, is defensive and probably very argumentative.
And was canned because she could not accept criticism, did not improve her work product, and backtalked her supervisors.

Also if this individual was a temp, perhaps her job ended and she didn't/doesn't realize it would end. Instead, she attributed her termination to bullying when that wasn't the real reason for it. Also repeatedly posting so many times in such a short period of time, and perhaps under different usernames, is obviously immature. In any case, I am not longer as sympathetic to her plight as I was earlier.

Finally, this individual is clearly uneducated or undereducated. It slays me that someone, like her, with substandard English skills could find a legal job. Yet I have a college degree, paralegal certificate, paralegal experience and experience in two other industries and I could not find one. I realize this firm would be not the right situation for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

I forgot that all those jobs hire through an agency (temp to perm, aka try the shoe on and see how it fits). As for the bullying, are her posts really about bulling, or are they an attempt to slander and get payback for a crappy employer?

Keep in mind, that job paid $12.00 to $14.00 an hour. Nobody with an education or skills would want one of those jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

23 months ago

I would agree these posts are defamatory. This individual clearly has an axe to grind. Again, while I am sure this firm is not the friendliest I am sure it's not altogether hostile, as the individual has portrayed.

I know that high volume law firms, as this firm appears to be, are stressful workplaces. (Even lower volume law firms are stressful workplaces.) Attorneys in such firms constantly hold their legal assistants' feet to the fire to pump out the work. But holding one's feet to the fire is not necessarily bullying. And, yes, for that kind of money one gets what one pays for, and bilaterally at that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.