What's the company culture at The Rawlings Company?

Moderated by: Elizabeth Cain
Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (50)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at The Rawlings Company?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at The Rawlings Company?

Reply - Report abuse

used to work at Rawlings in Louisville, Kentucky

83 months ago

Comment deleted by elizabethcain

Fine DNA in Louisville, Kentucky

77 months ago

finedna d in Louisville, Kentucky

77 months ago

down_da_drain in Louisville, Kentucky

76 months ago

Sick of Rawlings in Louisville, Kentucky

73 months ago

h mtanging in La Grange, Kentucky

71 months ago

been there done that at rawlings in Louisville, Kentucky

70 months ago

JustCommonSense in LaGrange, Kentucky

67 months ago

This company is indeed a horrible place to work. They actually expect you to do some work in order to receive a paycheck. How unfair and unreasonable! I am expected to show up at 8:30 every day, take an hour lunch, two breaks, and leave at 5:00 pm. This arrangement is just absurd. I should be able to come and go as I please.

Should I choose to have a child, the company will not pay me to stay at home and "bond" with my baby for 3 months. I won't get any money unless I actually do something for the company. Never mind that I already get 24 paid days off a year - I should be paid for all time I am off, even if it's my choice.

This place is just awful. Things change and sometimes, I don't like the changes. Even more, I don't get along with every single person here and sometimes things happen that I don't agree with. I have no idea why the owner doesn't consult me personally before making any kind of decision. He should know that I am very sensitive and that changes and developments may upset me.

Imagine...a company that actually expects an honest day's work for an honest day's pay. Oh well - there are plenty of places in Louisville where you can make $60-80k a year without a college degree and by working less than 40 hours a week, so I'm leaving soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (42) Reply - Report abuse

Ready to go in Kentucky

67 months ago

JustCommonSense in LaGrange, Kentucky

67 months ago

I'll tell you what's bizarre - the comment from "Ready to go." The only people not making money here are people who prefer to spend their time whining, complaining, and gossiping rather than working. It's that simple. A negative attitude will not win you a lot of friends or money. Is that such a surprise?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

used to work at rawlings in Louisville, Kentucky

67 months ago

67 months ago

67 months ago

67 months ago

67 months ago

Work for Rawlings in Louisville, Kentucky

67 months ago

WOW ….. I can’t believe all these negative comments about Rawlings.

Life is what you make of it and that includes your JOB !!

I have worked for Rawlings 6 years, I am not in management, just a subro rep. who made over 65K last year. Yeah I have a bad year, the year before I made over 70K.

BUT … it’s not the money that keeps me there.

IT’S .. The job, I love what I do and I work with a Great bunch of people, that include management. Sure there is going to be changes now and then, don’t all companies make changes. You need to go with the flow rather then complaining.

Again ….. Life is what you make of it, if you are constantly whining and complaining nothing will make you happy.

As for those who are truly interested in working for Rawlings.
Well let me put it this way: I am not going anywhere and will probably end up like Tim Russet who died doing what he loved.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

Olivia Smith in Louisville, Kentucky

67 months ago

thrown under the bus in Louisville, Kentucky

66 months ago

Williamsmith40258 in Louisville, Kentucky

66 months ago

Bob42 in LaGrange, Kentucky

62 months ago

kda in Louisville, Kentucky

61 months ago

60 months ago

ssss in louisville, Kentucky

59 months ago

Hi, I am looking for an old friend and I just found out that he might be working at Rawlings. Does anyone there know John Brewer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Work for Rawlings in Louisville, Kentucky

59 months ago

I know John Brewer, however he goes by Jay Brewer and yes he does work for Rawlings. He's a GREAT GUY. Look him up I am sure he would like to see an old friend.

BY THE WAY ... he has worked at Rawlings for over 15 years. I guess it isn't all that bad of a company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

ssss in louisville, Kentucky

59 months ago

Work for Rawlings in Louisville, Kentucky said: I know John Brewer, however he goes by Jay Brewer and yes he does work for Rawlings. He's a GREAT GUY. Look him up I am sure he would like to see an old friend.

BY THE WAY ... he has worked at Rawlings for over 15 years. I guess it isn't all that bad of a company.

Wow, I didn't think I would get a response. Thanks! Yes he does go by Jay, I wasn't sure when he got out in the professional world if he started using John instead. Yes he was a great guy, glad to hear he hasn't changed. It's been 26 years! I appreciate the info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Gerstles in Louisville, Kentucky

59 months ago

ssss in louisville, Kentucky said: Wow, I didn't think I would get a response. Thanks! Yes he does go by Jay, I wasn't sure when he got out in the professional world if he started using John instead. Yes he was a great guy, glad to hear he hasn't changed. It's been 26 years! I appreciate the info.

I've known Jay since 1976, so more than likely I know you and you know me. Did you work with Jay? Date?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

ssss in South Carolina

59 months ago

Gerstles in Louisville, Kentucky said: I've known Jay since 1976, so more than likely I know you and you know me. Did you work with Jay? Date?

Yes we dated. I don't recognize your name in your profile. Did you go to Westport?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

ssss in South Carolina said: Yes we dated. I don't recognize your name in your profile. Did you go to Westport?

Yes I went to Westport. Are you Julie?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

ssss in Summerville, South Carolina

59 months ago

Very good. You must know me then. Who's this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

ssss in Summerville, South Carolina said: Very good. You must know me then. Who's this?

Actually you know me very well, we spent allot of time together and had some great times!
I would prefer not to give out my name on this forum due to issues with the company in this thread. However, you also knew me as Geezer.

I would love to talk to you and get caught up! How can I contact you outside of this forum?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ssss in Charleston, South Carolina

59 months ago

Gerstles in Louisville, Kentucky said: Actually you know me very well, we spent allot of time together and had some great times!
I would prefer not to give out my name on this forum due to issues with the company in this thread. However, you also knew me as Geezer.

I would love to talk to you and get caught up! How can I contact you outside of this forum?

GEEZER! LOL Yeah I would love to talk to you too. Wow it has been so long. I'm so glad it is you. Email me at scjmj@msn.com and I will give you my real email address.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Curious in Louisville, Kentucky

58 months ago

Anyone have any idea what managers in the subro dept make?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

49 months ago

49 months ago

NewFishInPond in Louisville, Kentucky

48 months ago

I'm in the hiring process at Rawlings. I have a job now that I love but it doesn't pay as well. I'm really concerned about what I've read here and all the deleted comments. I'd love to know the basic jist of what was deleted. I hate to burn a bridge only to find a couple months down the road that I'm so miserable I don't want to stay. Is it really that bad? Everyone seems so nice so far.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

48 months ago

48 months ago

What exactly was so bad about it?

I'm not really worried about management putting their noses up in the air. I've work for large companies most my life. I'm used to being a peon. If they don't want to associate with me I'm probably not missing anything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

48 months ago

JustCommonSense in LaGrange, Kentucky said: This company is indeed a horrible place to work....Oh well - there are plenty of places in Louisville where you can make $60-80k a year without a college degree and by working less than 40 hours a week, so I'm leaving soon.

Are you still happy?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Olivia Smith in Lexington, Kentucky

48 months ago

48 months ago

48 months ago

48 months ago

48 months ago

48 months ago

48 months ago

thrown under the bus in Louisville, Kentucky

48 months ago

48 months ago

thrown under the bus in Louisville, Kentucky said: ... out in the "butt Hut" with all the rest of the losers.

Glad you enjoy making your money....your time will come.

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, what is a "butt Hut"? The only thing I can come up with is the place the addicted go to have their smoke.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse