The Schwan Food Company News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does The Schwan Food Company stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

Steven Roberts in Indianapolis, Indiana

83 months ago

I think they are going backward. Several route around here have gone from running the traditional every two weeks to running just once a month. Other routes near here have been shut down. The employee turnover seems to be horrendous, we seem to have a new driver every two months or so.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tspike in Union, Iowa

70 months ago

Steven Roberts in Indianapolis, Indiana said: I think they are going backward. Several route around here have gone from running the traditional every two weeks to running just once a month. Other routes near here have been shut down. The employee turnover seems to be horrendous, we seem to have a new driver every two months or so.

Hmmmm, sounds like you need to move to Iowa where the business is thriving, we are hiring like crazy because the business is expanding so much, there are so many people here in Iowa that want to get Schwans we are adding new trucks to our fleet (2) this past week and 2 more next week, I have been at Schwans for 13 years and have never seen such good sales as this year, I average $1,500-$2,000 per day in sales and they will only get better as the grocery stores continue to raise their prices LOL I love that company!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Craig Roxby in Fargo, North Dakota

67 months ago

Schwans is a bunch of crooks !

check out the Schwans Employee Message Board at

www.retailreality.net

Craig

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

glmeador in Watertown, Wisconsin

32 months ago

I'm guessing that second comment was from an LGM. Grocery store raising prices? That's the pot calling the kettle black. For the 5 or so catalog changes we went through when I worked at Schwan's, we had consistent price raises. Schwan's took their hardest working employees and said hey we'll give you some money for showing up and some money for hitting certain service metrics. Here's your commission base as well. I was told those commission rates would be massaged a bit too. That was a big story. First of all, the system rarely worked and I got cheated out of pay, and despite my telling my LGM about the necessary adjustment, I never got that pay adjustment. I also figured out that I was making $6/hour by the time it was all said and done. I didn't much care for the direction of the company and I know a ton of other workers who didn't like it either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.