How to get a job at The Tile Shop.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

Do you work at The Tile Shop? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Tile Shop Warehouse Manager

15 months ago

I was recently hired by the tile shop on May 8th 2014. I had initially interviewed for an assistant position in the North Austin store two weeks prior. I seen an opening on this very site for it. I went to their (The Tile Shop) web page and clicked on careers and submitted my application along with my resume and cover letter. I received a call 3 days later, interviewed and at the time it was unfortunate that I was passed over. I received a phone call on May 8th and was interviewed by the Regional Warehouse Manager and Store Manager for the South Austin store Warehouse Manager position that he had available. I answered all questions to the best of my knowledge and ability; he liked me the Store Manager liked me, I started that day at 2:30 pm and worked unloading/loading a 55 foot trailer for delivery and returns until 7:10pm.

The best advice I can give you is to be a straight shooter and have a CLEAN criminal record. Be motivated, false motivation may work with other places, but it won't cut it here. Be prepared to work 10 hour days at least 5 days a week minimum. This company is a company that you WILL move up in if you handle your business. Last but not least, be yourself in the interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.