How to get a job at U of M

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

ebookgenst in Ann Arbor, Michigan

38 months ago

I have applied for all kinds of jobs... from marketing, graphic design, inventory, janitor, manager... so on you get the point. (around 75 - 100 jobs)

Not one interview ... are the jobs fake listings?

I only apply for jobs I have experience between 3 to 5 years or more.

How do you just get a interview?

Rich

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

grylav in Westland, Michigan

32 months ago

ebookgenst in Ann Arbor, Michigan said: I have applied for all kinds of jobs... from marketing, graphic design , inventory , janitor , manager... so on you get the point. (around 75 - 100 jobs)

Rich

Believe me, it isn't what you know, it's who you know. I worked there as a contractor for over two years. I applied for over one hundred jobs with UM. I had one interview with them. I had access to the address book and discovered that family members will get hired before you will.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jdmb03 in Ypsilanti, Michigan

31 months ago

I've applied for 30 jobs in 4 months at UM and no progress. I have 8 years of health care experience and only apply for jobs I have experience in. So what is the issue? I have no clue but UM isn't calling.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mrs Aqilah Chisolm in Ypsilanti, Michigan

15 months ago

ebookgenst in Ann Arbor, Michigan said: I have applied for all kinds of jobs... from marketing, graphic design , inventory , janitor , manager... so on you get the point. (around 75 - 100 jobs)

Rich

i KNOW THEY HAVE A LOT OF TRAININGS TO PREPARE YOU FOR THE WORK, SO THE QUESTION I'D LIKE TO KNOW ALSO IS HOW DO YOU GET HIRED. EVERYONE I KNOW THERE WHO WORKS THERE SAY THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO IT. "WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO HAVE I KNOW SOMEONE WHO IS A DEPENDABLE PERSON WHO NEEDS A JOB. CAN YOU LOOK UP THERE APPLICATION AND GIVE THEM A INTERVIEW".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mrs Aqilah Chisolm in Ypsilanti, Michigan

15 months ago

i KNOW THEY HAVE A LOT OF TRAININGS TO PREPARE YOU FOR THE WORK, SO THE QUESTION I'D LIKE TO KNOW ALSO IS HOW DO YOU GET HIRED. EVERYONE I KNOW THERE WHO WORKS THERE SAY THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO IT. "WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO HAVE I KNOW SOMEONE WHO IS A DEPENDABLE PERSON WHO NEEDS A JOB. CAN YOU LOOK UP THERE APPLICATION AND GIVE THEM A INTERVIEW".

denmcus60 in Pinckney, Michigan

2 months ago

I feel your pain. I have over 20 years Healthcare, with 8 years of Healthcare IT. I can't even tell you how many jobs I have applied for via the UOM website. I am a traveling consultant looking to get off the road and live 25 mins outside of A2. They hire consultants from other states and pay them big money and I'm willing to work for far less just to be home. I have not received one interview. I finally stopped applying. I have come to the conclusion that I will have to move out of Michigan to get a decent FT job in the field of HIT. Good Luck!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.