How to get a job at U of M

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

ebookgenst in Ann Arbor, Michigan

30 months ago

I have applied for all kinds of jobs... from marketing, graphic design, inventory, janitor, manager... so on you get the point. (around 75 - 100 jobs)

Not one interview ... are the jobs fake listings?

I only apply for jobs I have experience between 3 to 5 years or more.

How do you just get a interview?

Rich

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

grylav in Westland, Michigan

23 months ago

ebookgenst in Ann Arbor, Michigan said: I have applied for all kinds of jobs... from marketing, graphic design , inventory , janitor , manager... so on you get the point. (around 75 - 100 jobs)

Rich

Believe me, it isn't what you know, it's who you know. I worked there as a contractor for over two years. I applied for over one hundred jobs with UM. I had one interview with them. I had access to the address book and discovered that family members will get hired before you will.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jdmb03 in Ypsilanti, Michigan

22 months ago

I've applied for 30 jobs in 4 months at UM and no progress. I have 8 years of health care experience and only apply for jobs I have experience in. So what is the issue? I have no clue but UM isn't calling.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mrs Aqilah Chisolm in Ypsilanti, Michigan

7 months ago

ebookgenst in Ann Arbor, Michigan said: I have applied for all kinds of jobs... from marketing, graphic design , inventory , janitor , manager... so on you get the point. (around 75 - 100 jobs)

Rich

i KNOW THEY HAVE A LOT OF TRAININGS TO PREPARE YOU FOR THE WORK, SO THE QUESTION I'D LIKE TO KNOW ALSO IS HOW DO YOU GET HIRED. EVERYONE I KNOW THERE WHO WORKS THERE SAY THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO IT. "WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO HAVE I KNOW SOMEONE WHO IS A DEPENDABLE PERSON WHO NEEDS A JOB. CAN YOU LOOK UP THERE APPLICATION AND GIVE THEM A INTERVIEW".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mrs Aqilah Chisolm in Ypsilanti, Michigan

7 months ago

i KNOW THEY HAVE A LOT OF TRAININGS TO PREPARE YOU FOR THE WORK, SO THE QUESTION I'D LIKE TO KNOW ALSO IS HOW DO YOU GET HIRED. EVERYONE I KNOW THERE WHO WORKS THERE SAY THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO IT. "WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO HAVE I KNOW SOMEONE WHO IS A DEPENDABLE PERSON WHO NEEDS A JOB. CAN YOU LOOK UP THERE APPLICATION AND GIVE THEM A INTERVIEW".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.