Thermo Fisher Scientific News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 517)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Thermo Fisher Scientific stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

TFS in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

91 months ago

I think layoffs are inevitable

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Russ in Madison in Madison, Wisconsin

91 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

I worked at this joint as a temp Material Handler & got to talk to a LOT of people there. Two Madison divisions are relocating; one to China, and the other to the East Coast. Morale is REALLY low. The Administration puts on a "dog and pony show" once a month informing employees how great things are going to be once the dust settles and attendance is mandatory. As a matter of fact, the employees refer to this as "Story Hour". Don't plan on having more than a one-to-two year career with these folks. More plant closures are a FACT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Richard in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

91 months ago

WHY DO THEY HAVE SO MEANY LOCAL POSTINGS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TFS in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

91 months ago

Because they can't retain good talent. They simply don't care. Beware.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

annonymous in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

91 months ago

They do not care about retaining good employees or for that matter they do not care about their employees at all. All management is worried about is moving up the corpoate ladder. Morale is lower than I thought possible. People are leaving in droves some by choice others by mandate. Don't be so eager to work at Thermo Fisher Scientific.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (58) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

anon in Brooklyn, Maryland

91 months ago

well its two fold... many people are leaving due to being underpaid i know some places where some of us can make double our salary with a different company through our vendors etc...it is a good leap frog job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Old Broad Looking for a Job in Ambridge, Pennsylvania

90 months ago

Richard in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: WHY DO THEY HAVE SO MEANY LOCAL POSTINGS

It was the strangest place I've ever worked. NO morale, NO employee communication....Very bizarre....very cold environment....BAD BAD BAD

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Been round 4 while in Crestwood, Kentucky

90 months ago

This ain't your daddy's Fisher and it ain't the old Thermo either. Got nothing to do with science. It's all about finance and like or not, they're doing pretty good. Gawd help them if VWR ever gets its act together.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tech Geek in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

89 months ago

Any idea which consulting firms they leverage for IT/SAP/ERP support? And what their rate expectations are?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Same old, Same old in Mountain View, California

89 months ago

Wow, these are the same things I was hearing about when I was working for them 35 years ago. I worked for them for almost 5 years and then i was forced to quit or have my wages lowered. Forutantly they screwed up and I had never had to sign an NDA and went to work for a competitor. I have been here ever since.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anon in Georgetown, Massachusetts

89 months ago

Thermo is only money hungry. That is why they acquired Fisher. There will be many plant closings, some are already in the works in the North East. Expect Newington NH to go, also Beverly MA. Both are outsourcing their products overseas. The employess call Human Resources "Inhuman Resource" and they all know that no one is cared for. Employees that has worked there 20+ years are now getting layed off. The pay is the lowest in the industry, and the morale in BAD. Look elsewhere for a job, or move overseas with the rest of the company. Watch your back....

The competition makes much better instruments. The quality control at ThermoFisher Scientific is horrible. They have been making instruments for years, yet still can't get it right. Look elsewhere for a better product at a better price.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Shall remain nameless in Milton, Wisconsin

89 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

Just because they buy up companies so they can offer a broad range of companies, doesn't mean they're GOOD at what they do.

Managers are lazy, stupid and are only there to collect a cushy paycheck while the customer continues to go completely unoticed. Thus their abysmal Customer Satisfaction Rating.

On a positive note, if you like kick-ass benefits and can handle the pointless and meaningless surroundings and the job they will have you perform, go for it. The smart people typically will stay there 3 years on average, and then leave for something better, because the company DOES NOT promote from within, even though they say they're employee-focus. HA! Focused on giving to you up the ass anyway!

All the crap they say to their employees and customers is B.S.

So, if you're not a PhD'ed scientist, forget this place. Unless of course this is the type of meaningless work you're looking for.

Oh yah, their corporate office will get in the way of everything positive you try to accomplish.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

truth in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

hmm i work in corporate and our sales and CSR teams have won the LSIA award the second year in a row for unmatched sales support and CSR work.. thats one falsehood... number two.. we dont have kick ass benefits I pay for all my health insurance its not paid for me...the third thing i have direct access to the pres etc of this company and they do allow suggestions to make this a better place... and on a last note look at the stock figures you will get at least a 20% return on a yearly investment with TMO... its a good place to work.. and its an even better leap frog opp... do with it as you wish..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

burger in Sewickley, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

I interviewed at TFS, and left with a bad impression. I have to hand it to them for honesty. They were very open in discussing how horrible their turnover rate was. They were also quite forthright about the very limited resources and staffing that were available to support an entire business unit.

I felt really bad for a lot of the people working there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

IT guru in Franklin, Wisconsin

89 months ago

truth in Pittsburgh -
since you're at corporate, do you have a feel for how TFS utilizes outside consultants? do they hire independents or do they bring in project teams?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

truth in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

from what i have seen most of the time they form project teams here in the even thatm that problem does not get resolved internally then most often we will go outside for consulting.. im pretty sure that is the norm business standard for most companies of its size..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

One guy I know "quit" (i.e., was fired) because the job he was hired to do, he did to well. When he provided numbers that his managers did not want to hear (because the data they enter and use is complete caca), his life was made very unpleasant, unitl he was finally able to work out a deal to get the hell out (he was recently hired by a large automotive manufacturer and now making the money he deserves!). See, by him pointing to real numbers and real solutions would only expose upper management for the complete, lazy donkeys they truly are, causing them to actually have to WORK should there incompetence be exposed to the directors. Basically to be a manager for this company you need two things: the [Edited by Host] <inappropriate language deleted>
gene and knee pads. You don't need to be smart, or good at what you do (hey, just look at their marketing department!), you just need to do pretend tasks and push all your work to those poor unfortuneate souls beneath you.

His boss is known as "the widowmaker", as she kills the helpless soul who is put into the office, left to die with no contact--only a manual that contains abysmal procedures that are poorly written and even more poorly executed.

Really, you need to turn away now and run as fast as you can. Don't look back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

You just go on believing whatever you wish. Ignorance is bliss. The fact that you work for corporate is proof enough of that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

burger in Sewickley, Pennsylvania

88 months ago

Shall remain nameless in Milton, Wisconsin said: Just because they buy up companies so they can offer a broad range of companies, doesn't mean they're GOOD at what they do.

Managers are lazy, stupid and are only there to collect a cushy paycheck while the customer continues to go completely unoticed. Thus their abysmal Customer Satisfaction Rating.

I cannot agree more. As I eluded to before with the staffing issue...from what I understand, there was ONE person at corporate assigned to handle customer complaints and no lab or equipment available to analyze any product failures.

Hmmm....for a $9B global enterprise? Scary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Curious in Huntsville, Texas

88 months ago

For those of you who left on poor terms with Thermo Fisher, what is the one major thing you believe should have been done to make you happier with your employment? Was it a lack of sincerity? If this were your company what would you have done different?

For those still working for Thermo Fisher why is it that you are still working for the company? What are they doing right, which keeps you enthused about continuing your employment? Or are you just working there until something better comes along? Do you see any room for improvement?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Dave R. in Gibsonia, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

OK here's the straight skinny on Robinson Twship's 5th floor. You're all right in saying it's the worst place to wrk in pittsburg. Cold, bitter, and disgruntled is the best way to envision it. They nurture 20 plus year old managers who have never been educated past business 101. It starts with <Name Removed> the ringleader who overthrew <Name Removed> a few years ago and the many untrustworthy minions. <Name Removed> who amazingly enough has kept her job makes everyone miserable. <Name Removed> the other poor bas***** just muddles through daily. <Name Removed> galpal <Name Removed> got her jobe because of her hubby <Name Removed> who was a corporate atty years ago. All in all it's fun to watch the idiots run around trying to save the world.

***Message from Host***
Please do not post names or personal information on the forums.
Thank you.

Indeed Admin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dan in West Palm Beach, Florida

85 months ago

Old Broad Looking for a Job in Ambridge, Pennsylvania said: It was the strangest place I've ever worked. NO morale, NO employee communication....Very bizarre....very cold environment....BAD BAD BAD

I agree with this comment. HR does a good job ok making the place sound wonderful. Unfortunately, its very different once you start. Most of the people I encountered were very cold and indifferent to their job and other employees. If you just want to collect a paycheck and don't care about the work environment, this may be the place for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

twain58 in Saint Louis, Missouri

85 months ago

Curious in Huntsville, Texas said: For those of you who left on poor terms with Thermo Fisher, what is the one major thing you believe should have been done to make you happier with your employment? Was it a lack of sincerity? If this were your company what would you have done different?

For those still working for Thermo Fisher why is it that you are still working for the company....

Happier? Let's try plain ol' "Content" first, before we go making the enormous jump to "happy"!

Let's see...the pay was typically 40% less than what other similar positions pay, they inundate you with so much work that there's no way you can do any of it well, the managers and many of the directors are clueless as to how to create, let alone operate under, a business plan and they are WAY understaffed (because paying more in salaries goes against their top goal--that is, make money by increasing prices, buy more companies, and find ways to reduce costs). And marketing? What marketing? I still get a chuckle or two every time I check out that vapid, bottomless pit of useless information called www.thermo.com. Hell, why don't they just reduce their web site to one home page that says....."Just call us because all of our web pages will lead to fill out a form anyway!"

It's been said on this board before, the positions are merely a launch pad to better things--within the 1.5-3 year time frame. (It took me exactly 7.2 weeks to realize that they are clueless.) The company is so utterly disfunctional it's amazing their stock is doing so well--and I see that as a big red flag with that because it's WAY overvalued. And what goes up, goes down.

Chrysler suffered the consequences of poor quality and customer service in the 80s, and it's only a matter of time (I give it three-five years) until Mr. Dekkers and Mr. Casper are being eaten alive by shareholders and you see a complete overhaul of upper management. Mark my words. Remember what I just told you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

hugger in Saint Louis, Missouri

85 months ago

Dan in West Palm Beach, Florida said: I agree with this comment. HR does a good job ok making the place sound wonderful. Unfortunately, its very different once you start. Most of the people I encountered were very cold and indifferent to their job and other employees. If you just want to collect a paycheck and don't care about the work environment, this may be the place for you.

And nobody ever talked to anyone or does anything that makes sense or solve a problem. That would take too much time away from running around in circles. You just type emails to people who don't care, which makes you not care, which makes the people that are waiting for an email from you, not care, and so on, and so on and so on..... This place is completely odd. As Alice in Wonderland put it, "Hmmmm. I've never experienced a place quite so curious!"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

alrightythen in northside, Pennsylvania

85 months ago

It's all about money.
Management gets bonuses.
The people who do the work don't.
Great employees get -2% raises - bad employees get -2% raises....
It doesn't matter what you do, if you show up on time, if you care.

It's all about money and upper management....some are good....the majority should be on reality tv.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Buddy Rich in Far Away From Fisher, Pennsylvania

84 months ago

For the love of all that is human, do not work for this company. I spent close to eleven years there and every headhunter I talk to is amazed I lasted that long. You are asked to do impossible tasks then ridiculed and belittled for not achieving them. I went to a meeting in NH where a V.P. stood up and put up on an overhead slide with what he claimed were the two main motivating factors for employees.....FEAR and GREED. I would rather sell my body parts than work for these evil cretins.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

OU812 Anderson in Stoughton, Wisconsin

84 months ago

To Buddy Rich's comment...

ROFLMAO! (Rolling On Floor, Laughing My [Edited by Host] <inappropriate language deleted>
Off!)
Why is it so funny? Because it is (unfortunatly) TRUE!

I am seeking another job to get [Edited by Host] <inappropriate language deleted>
out of there, myself. What a bunch of arrogant, underqualified derelicts they got running that place.

I just attended a site meeting that addressed the Employee Satisfaction Score, known as TAS. Hold onto your seat for this one.....a very low score of 5.7 was given, that related to the workplace enviroment being healthy. It was something to the effect that a large percentage of employees felt the company is QUOTW "emotionally and psychologically disturbing to work for." UNQUOTE.

Hey morons, here's an idea. Fire all the managers you have, give some raises to those who deserve a raise and stop running your company like the government.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mister Peepers in Oakland, California

84 months ago

I was a manager at Thermo Fisher (Scientific) and left the company earlier this year. People should be told about what the company really is like before taking a position. I was shocked by the dysfunctional culture, corporate direction and lack of coordination that I found.

Thermo is a holding company at its heart. There really isn't one corporation but dozens as the company exists mostly on paper. The heart is "corporate" in Massachusetts. It buys and sells technology and now scientific disposables companies but doesn't seek to integrate them into a collective whole. Thus, it just "holds" them. Don't believe the story that the current management is attempting to create a lasting, unified corporation. The company is a collection of semi-autonomous units producing machines or selling disposables around the world.

The holding company culture is based around the notion of squeezing efficiencies out of those units they purchase. This includes cutting staffing, eliminating support services and expecting more out of employees. This philosophy works very well to increase profitability. Unfortunately, those individuals who have to work in an environment which squeezes pennies until they scream creates problems. I was paid almost $35 an hour to order my own pens and pencils. I was given access to computer systems that had no support staff to train or maintain them - and no documentation to boot. There was never time to do anything well as the departments are intentionally understaffed. It's just the way it is and it will never change. That is the Thermo way and it will not be changed. The company specifically tells its manager that each year they will do 10% more with 10% less money. The cumulative effect of this policy is shocking when faced with it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mister Peepers in Oakland, California

84 months ago

Continued...

Thermo's policy towards pay is typical of holding companies. It will bring you in at a fair, not superlative, salary. Then you will receive raises that will almost always be below the rate of inflation. My factory received a pay modifier of 2.7%. The managers can divy up the money any way they see fit among their employees. But the catch is that if they don't use all of their raise allowance it goes back into a pot for their manager to use. So a mid level manager could short their staff in order to have their superior give them a larger raise. They are incented to short employees for personal gain. I have no complaint with the benefits package.

There are three areas that truly matter in Thermo: corporate, sales and product development. Corporate runs the show and tries to keep organizational anarchy at bay. Product development is full of talented, smart, movitvated people who produce some excellent machines. I was always very impressed by the people working in this area. And sales goes out and brings home the money so of course they're prioritized. Any other area, with the possible exception of finance, are bottom feeders. If you do not directly contribute to cash flow and profitability then your area is considered a cost center and treated accordingly. These areas are constantly starved of resources and many are operating at a level of proficiency resembling corporations circa 1985. It was like a time warp for me attending my first meetings. I expected to see neon colored sweatshirts and REO Speedwagon tee shirts.

People with marketable skills and a strong career drive tend to leave Thermo after a year or two. In other words, they stay until it won't hurt their resume. Those that stay generally adopt attitude of personal hopelessness and don't invest much of themselves in their work. There isn't much time in most areas to really care about a finished output anyway.

Buyer Beware. Good luck and be wary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

no name in Allentown, Pennsylvania

82 months ago

It was recently announced at Fisher Clinical Services in Allentown, PA that the facility here had the lowest morale rate in the entire organization and that no one would recommend anyone to work here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

unstable in Allentown, Pennsylvania

82 months ago

I worked at Fisher Clinical Services in Allentown from 05-07 and I can tell you as an IT person. Don't go there!!!

They have lost 6 software developers in the last six months and 10 in the last three years.

Look at the double posting above. There are even more reasons not to go to FCS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

HK in allentown, Pennsylvania

80 months ago

I worked there over a year ago. The most god awful place to work. "Some" of the managers are real bad. they were promoted when the company was growing and have virtually no management skills. they belittle and berate everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No Reply - Report abuse

MIK in Easton, Pennsylvania

80 months ago

Hey Everyone,
Thank you for your post here. I had recently applied for a position at Fisher Clinical Services in Allentown PA.
Thank god I did not pursue any opportunities there.
After reading the posts above I decided not even bother interviewing. I eventually got hired by Olympus.
Thank you for your advice.

MIK

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Buddy Rich in Far Away From Fisher, Pennsylvania

80 months ago

MIK in Easton, Pennsylvania said: Hey Everyone,
Thank you for your post here. I had recently applied for a position at Fisher Clinical Services in Allentown PA.
Thank god I did not pursue any opportunities there.
After reading the posts above I decided not even bother interviewing. I eventually got hired by Olympus.
Thank you for your advice.

MIK

Good for you MIK, you will never regret ignoring Fisher.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

goodversusevil in new york, New York

80 months ago

This place makes [Edited by Host] <inappropriate language deleted>
look like a spa resort. I will stay away too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

MIK in Easton, Pennsylvania

80 months ago

Thats what I have been hearing from the locals there. Their IS division has the worst managers. It also has a CIO that got demoted to something or the other and the one manager..cant remember the name, but a girl that I spoke to who works there said, and i quote her words "he is really obnoxious". I spoke to a few people who were hanging outside their building before making my final decision....wink wink...if you live close by...it is worth taking a drive to where you are looking for employment and speaking to the locals..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

MarshaQ in New York

79 months ago

Hi,
Anyone know of the culture of Fisher in MD/DC area?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Laura Platt in Exeter, New Hampshire

77 months ago

Hi there , I have been offered a job in a way , to be a chef in the kitchen ,any ideas? The blogs I read are horrible. But how do they treat the " hired help"?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

TFSInterviewee in Waltham, Massachusetts

74 months ago

I spent way too many hours interviewing with these idiots. Arrogant, robotic, flat...the atmosphere was eerie. There's a very negative vibe that exudes from this place. I'm surprised there isn't a mushroom cloud hanging over corporate. HR are beyond rude and twisted my words beyond recognition. Other managers only talked about themselves and had no interest in hearing about my background. The hiring manager was a robot. I don't even think the robot blinked during the interview. What a horrible environment to even consider working at. I would rather sing naked in a public train station for spare change than work at Thermo Fisher.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No Reply - Report abuse

George Johnson in Somerville, Massachusetts

73 months ago

I am so glad I read these posts.

I went for an interview last week - they had me waiting in their lobby for 40 minutes. I will say the receptionist was pleasant, and was apologetic when no one came to get me right away.

The interview was curt and one sided- questioning a time lapse where I was out of work. (Taking care of my ailing wife). HR was not impressive to say the least, and I got a sense that people were very unhappy there. I left a competitor and thought I wanted to work for TMO. Everything is true about the morale. You can see it in the faces of the employees. I am still searching for a job, but I would rather be unemployed than working with these entitled a-holes

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bob the Planner in Arvada, Colorado

71 months ago

I am going for an interview tomorrow with Thermo Fisher Scientific in marketing. However, from reading all of these posts, it sounds like the culture is not very good.

Most of these posts are pretty old. Has the culture improved? Is it better in Colorado than in other parts of the country?

How do sales and marketing get along, if at all?

Thanks for any warnings or advice!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Katie Hanks in Round Lake, Illinois

71 months ago

Honestly like any giant corp, it depends on what division you are part of. I have been at TF for six years and love it. There is lots of room for growth, internal opportunities are there, Now you have to work hard, if you are looking for a cake walk this isn't it. Sure raises are low but the 3% is steady no matter what (bad or good economy). It is pay for performance so if you do better your raise is higher (I average 5-8%). Benefits are good I think that they are trying to improve too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Red Foley in Bowmanville, Wyoming

70 months ago

2-2.5% is the norm, and I have been told that that is all anyone ever gets. They claim they make up for it in bonuses, but if your base hardly increases, then the bonus which is based on the base, isn't going to be all that much either. I heard from someone who left that the President acknowledged that they pay below market, but it "should be enough of a privilege to work for the World Leader in Serving Science" to make up for any monetary shortfall. Yeah, I'm gonna try that when I tell the bank I can't pay my mortgage and see if they agree!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

heavidee in Cinn, Ohio

69 months ago

I concure with Red, the problem is with a large stable territory the growth possiblilties are slow/small, consequently when you do "hit it big" it just hurts you in the long run. The company will not back out large one time sales hits, therefore, you continue to be behind the 8-ball the next year trying to make it up.

The company is "better" as a whole, but I tend to agree with some of the posters regarding the morale and support from "above"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Louis Pashinsky in Beverly, Massachusetts

69 months ago

What is TFS's outlook for 2009?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Former TF Employee in Logan, Utah

68 months ago

Louis Pashinsky in Beverly, Massachusetts said: What is TFS's outlook for 2009?

Well... Shaky. There is a lot of people still worried about jobs and still don't feel as secure as they once was. Pfizer and Wyeth recently announced a few days ago that they would lay off 26,000 employees. These were not major account but will have a negative impact on the bio process groups. I am sure many of you have heard that they have had some plants shut down including one in navato. the production is being moved to utah but is not running up to capacity and make take a year or two to do so. The serum business which is the big money maker is continuing to slow and is a dying breed

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Turbo624

68 months ago

Very nice coworkers but a terribly run division in NJ. Incompetent decision making, negative and abusive environment and stretch goals for employees that succeed in burning them out. The company is a revolving door as a consequence. HR support is worthless and a robot to protect management. There are some very troubling personalities at work in the Fair Lawn location. You see doors always shut, managers not involved with their reports, and an attitude of arrogance and superiority.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

nameless in New England

68 months ago

These past few posts regarding AQI could not be more true. The HR Director is in the clique and comes off as very childish even during serious meetings including layoffs. The posts are dead on when they say that hard working employees are eaten up and spit out through "lay offs". I worked at this place and could not understand why some of the older workers stayed with this company for their entire careers although from what they say, "Thermo Electron was not like this with the original owners. They cared about their employees." Well, forget about your employer caring in this new company, it just does not happen. Run, run as fast as you can, you will be underpaid, over worked and gossiped about during the clique's get togethers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Louis Pashinsky in Beverly, Massachusetts

67 months ago

Have there been or are large layoffs on the way in the near future?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.