Thrifty Foods News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

What do you think - will Thrifty Foods grow fast? Are they expanding their staff? How does Thrifty Foods stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

mary gp in Port Moody, British Columbia

60 months ago

I have visited the Thrifty Foods store in the new Suterbrook complex at Ioco Road in Port Moody several times since moving into my new apartment in April of 2009. At first, the store was a delight to walk through. Though its prices are generally higher than larger stores, its decor was pleasant, the staff are kind, and the overall impression was "clean". In the last four or five months, that has changed.

The strong fish odour at the back of the store is both overpowering and off putting. I have given this complain, in writing, to the people at the service desk. Other grocery stores that carry fish manage to do so without the smell permeating the store. Is there a reason that the staff at Port Moody cannot achieve this also?

Am I the only person who minds it? Why does the store not do something about this? Will this store grow fast? Not if people find this smell as offensive as I do. Because of it, I purchase very little at this store.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mary gp in Port Moody, British Columbia

60 months ago

I have visited the Thrifty Foods store in the new Suterbrook complex at Ioco Road in Port Moody several times since moving into my new apartment in April of 2009. At first, the store was a delight to walk through. Though its prices are generally higher than larger stores, its decor was pleasant, the staff are kind, and the overall impression was "clean". In the last four or five months, that has changed.

The strong fish odour at the back of the store is both overpowering and off putting. I have given this complaint, in writing, to the people at the service desk. Other grocery stores that carry fish manage to do so without the smell permeating the store. Is there a reason that the staff at Port Moody cannot achieve this also?

Am I the only person who minds it? Why does the store not do something about this? Will this store grow fast? Not if people find this smell as offensive as I do. Because of it, I purchase very little at this store.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.