Background check question

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

islandgirlatheart in Greensboro, North Carolina

40 months ago

I have a phone interview scheduled for a Customer Service position for TWC. However, 4 years ago I plead guilty to a misdemeanor theft charge and I had to pay $12 in restitution. It was a really stupid mistake on my behalf and this is the only charge I've had ever. I plan to be fully honest about the conviction and take ownership but I dont want to be turned down yet again for a job that I'm qualified for. Does anyone think I'll have a chance to actually work here? I'm a college grad, attend an amazing church, and I have the experience.

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

metalheadlover in Greensboro, North Carolina

38 months ago

I am in a simliar situation, i was charged but not convicted for 2 felnoies, a burg anda batte. i am on probation now but again, had JudWith, so i am not conviectd and had no priors. did they hire you or decline you? because i have the inhouse interview coming up for eme this week and just want to be preapred.

Reply - Report abuse

islandgirlatheart in Charlotte, North Carolina

38 months ago

I was initially hired but they rescinded the job offer due to my background. This has been the 4th job offer in a month that has been rescinded.

Good luck to you tho.

Reply - Report abuse

gaboy in Austin, Texas

38 months ago

islandgirlatheart in Charlotte, North Carolina said: I was initially hired but they rescinded the job offer due to my background. This has been the 4th job offer in a month that has been rescinded.

Good luck to you tho.

how old is your background

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

metalheadlover in Greensboro, North Carolina

38 months ago

well i was charged in 2012, and the charges weere given adjudication withheld on both charges and probation for 5 years in feb of 2013. so its been awhile. i havent had any problems since this one time only indicdent and i just want to work for time warner

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Ms. Penny in Thomasville, North Carolina

20 months ago

Anyone looking for a job please apply at Macy's. They have a special dep't for people with criminal records and you might find it easier to get employed. It depends on your criminal record, they have a certain criteria. If they call you be sure and be honest and give them lots of information, because not enough info. you will be disqualified.

Some companies are starting to have forgiveness. Also, be sure and check out Kroger Co., Fred Meyer, King Soopers as well (all Kroger family of companies).

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Imparo in Scottsdale, Arizona

18 months ago

Permanent and public criminal records perpetuate inequities, precluding millions of people from countless opportunities. With increased access to personal information - and mismanagement of said information - more careers demanding some sort of board regulated certification, and inequities within the justice system itself, isn't it time to reflect these changes by lessening the burden of old spent misdemeanors? petitions.moveon.org/sign/human-potential-being.fb49?

Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.