Time Warner Cable v.s. CableVision

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

vman in Bronx, New York

21 months ago

I am thinking about joining the T.W.C team. I received a call today from a company recruiter. He explained the details of the job and the company. I was told I would only start at $9.75 as a field Technician; that's horrible !!! and benefits wont start until after I was with the company for 6 months. I was then told me from day one of me working for the company I would be in the I.B.E.W. Local 3 Union (good thing) and after 1 year I would be eligible to be placed in a A+ Certification program paid for by the company and would increase my salary to $17.00. After the A+ certification I was told I would be placed in a 4 year Journeyman Program that would allow me to do construction and commercial jobs and my salary can top out at $32.00.

I would like to know if anyone here knows anything about this company. I have heard a lot of negative feedback about the company in the past year or so. I was offered a job by cable vision and they start me off with $16.00 and free medical and Dental form day one. the downside is no Union and no journeyman or A+ certification courses.

Please let me know what you think ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JR1981 in Bear, Delaware

20 months ago

I would also like to know more, I have just recieved a call and got the same exact offer. I would love to know how easy it is to get promoted or woild this be a dificult task.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Isaiahs_Dad33 in New York, New York

16 months ago

I recently earned my A+ certification. I applied for a Time Warner Cable field tech. position & took the online assessment, as well. Hoping like heck to get a call back. I submitted a gleaming resume done a resume pro. I havd 10 plus year's as a field tech. Does anyone know how long the average wait period is before an applicant might get a call back ? I check my answering machine with baited breath every day when I arrive home. Tomorrow makes day 16. I really need that job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mike in Ridgewood, New York

12 months ago

vman in Bronx, New York said: I am thinking about joining the T.W.C team. I received a call today from a company recruiter. He explained the details of the job and the company. I was told I would only start at $9.75 as a field Technician; that's horrible !!! and benefits wont start until after I was with the company for 6 months. I was then told me from day one of me working for the company I would be in the I.B.E.W. Local 3 Union (good thing) and after 1 year I would be eligible to be placed in a A+ Certification program paid for by the company and would increase my salary to $17.00. After the A+ certification I was told I would be placed in a 4 year Journeyman Program that would allow me to do construction and commercial jobs and my salary can top out at $32.00.

I would like to know if anyone here knows anything about this company. I have heard a lot of negative feedback about the company in the past year or so. I was offered a job by cable vision and they start me off with $16.00 and free medical and Dental form day one. the downside is no Union and no journeyman or A+ certification courses.

Please let me know what you think ?

I think, now that this position is unionized its a great job. For entry level techs it may be rough with the starting salary but you will be at top pay in 5 -6 years with a good union behind you. Its just a matter of time before cablevision is unionized or bought out by TWC or someone else. Just my thought

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.