How to get a job at Timken.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

Do you work at Timken? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

TIM TAYLOR in Greenville, South Carolina

90 months ago

I HAVE SENT RESUMES AND APPLIED ON LINE AND STILL NOT A INTERVIEW.WHAT MUST ONE DO?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

s in Anderson, South Carolina

90 months ago

TIM TAYLOR in Greenville, South Carolina said: I HAVE SENT RESUMES AND APPLIED ON LINE AND STILL NOT A INTERVIEW.WHAT MUST ONE DO?

Tim,
I worked at the Clinton facility for 17 years and at this point the Open Timken jobs are being offered to the associates in Clinton first. Good Luck in the job search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jp Claremont, NH in Goffstown, New Hampshire

89 months ago

Again, just another company such as Dimatix, located in the Upper Valley
here in Lebanon,NH, Please if you are over 40, just forget it, I did speak with a J. Wh-te in Keene NH, the HR office and actually thought perhaps I just might have a chance for an Engineering Position as Supplier QC,forget that one, just like over 30! other jobs that I have applied for,. Is it me? I'm sorry, I just have nothing good to say, other than please, really PLEASE! do not advertise LIES! I AM more than qualified,
Ask, and i'll be more than happy to send anyone a copy of my resume.
For that matter, Please ask me soon, everyone that I know can't understand why??? quick before I go crazy wondering.
this can be kept confidential, no problem there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jp Claremont, NH in Nashua, New Hampshire

89 months ago

jp Claremont, NH in Goffstown, New Hampshire said: Again, just another company such as Dimatix, located in the Upper Valley
here in Lebanon,NH, Please if you are over 40, just forget it, I did speak with a J. Wh-te in Keene NH, the HR office and actually thought perhaps I just might have a chance for an Engineering Position as Supplier QC,forget that one, just like over 30! other jobs that I have applied for,. Is it me? I'm sorry, I just have nothing good to say, other than please, really PLEASE! do not advertise LIES! I AM more than qualified,
For that matter, Please ask me soon, everyone that I know can't understand why???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

steve 321 in Saint Paul, Minnesota

88 months ago

jp Claremont, NH in Goffstown, New Hampshire said: Again, just another company such as Dimatix, located in the Upper Valley
For that matter, Please ask me soon, everyone that I know can't understand why??? quick before I go crazy wondering.
this can be kept confidential, no problem there.

Although illegal, potential employers will look at your public record and not grant an interview based on that information.
If you have ever been charged in a crime, it will show up in public record search. Dismissed and not guilty judgements can be expunged for free. You can also get a one time first offense removed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

TeresaSK in Ohio

87 months ago

I too have applied numerous times over the internet and in person and I too am over the age of 40 - many companies today do not want the older employee. I have applied and interviewed for many jobs. One I know of against an employee where I was under contract. She had not even been out of college for a year, but she was more qualified than I - the person who has lived, breathed and worked Supply Chain Management for nearly 30 years. Hmmmmmmm sounds kinda like discrimination to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.