What's the company culture at Timken?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Timken?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Timken?

Reply - Report abuse

TeresaSK in Ohio

82 months ago

I am not sure of corporate culture, but if you follow their website I can bet it is pretty much like their factory life. I have a close friend who is an hourly employee - when it comes to how they treat the hourly does the term slave come to mind.
I have seen this plant work their employees 7 days a week for two and three months at a time - and this is mandatoried overtime. Usually 6 out of 7 days are 12 hour days, I have seen him denied vacation or to have it revoked at the last minute. The comment made is - see the door do not let it hit you on the way out or you know we have over 1000 applications on file.
I have a feeling that the way they treat the hourly is indicative of how they treat the salaried employee's. What a shame - I really do believe Lincoln freed the slaves over 100 years ago - but companies today do not treat their employees like they have.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.