Don't waste your time applying

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Ethan in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

92 months ago

I was/am qualified for this position and I spoke with the hiring manager for this position numerous times. Each time we spoke he reiterated that he wanted to bring me in for an interview and that he was very interested in me... For weeks he made excuse after excuse about his busy schedule and that they were making decisions on who to bring in for interviews in the next few days, yada yada yada... he never had the nerve to give me a straight answer or email simply saying "we are not interested" or "sorry for the delay, lets get you in here asap". It was a joke, totally unprofessional. This goes for finance associate position, as well as mortgage analyst, both were supposedly handled by this same hiring manager at toll brothers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jeanna Ceballos in Orlando, Florida

90 months ago

Ethan,
I may be able to assist you. I am currently looking for land acquisition and development professionals. Send you resume to jceballos@prioritysearch.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Aldan in Atlanta, Georgia

89 months ago

Ethan in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I was/am qualified for this position and I spoke with the hiring manager for this position numerous times. Each time we spoke he reiterated that he wanted to bring me in for an interview and that he was very interested in me... For weeks he made excuse after excuse about his busy schedule and that they were making decisions on who to bring in for interviews in the next few days, yada yada yada... he never had the nerve to give me a straight answer or email simply saying "we are not interested" or "sorry for the delay, lets get you in here asap". It was a joke, totally unprofessional. This goes for finance associate position, as well as mortgage analyst, both were supposedly handled by this same hiring manager at toll brothers.

Eathan has an important message that as a former toll exempt employee I can explain- the branch in Orlando tried to alter the personnel system of hiring and was left without authority to continue and this left you hanging.You must have command over how toll bros conductas its sr. management and alla the important things they aren't going to put forth that affects you- this is classic east coast middle to upper class way of handling the orlando guy who lacked final say so.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Anita

88 months ago

I have applied for several positions with TB. Spoke with the so called personnel director and my resume was to be given to senior management. Never have I heard back . Several of my friends have had the same run around. If TB is not hiring then why do they keep posing positions and then not reply. I have been in the mortgage industry for over 30years and have worked in all aspects of this business. I am MORE then quilified for any position with TB.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nancy in Philly in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

87 months ago

I too have had numerous interviews (each time it's a new HR person) and probably would still get called in if I ever were to apply again. I think they are just building a data base in case people leave. I've been in, interviewed with two or three people, tested, told I was a solid candidate, then nothing. And, my skills are more than sufficient for their job descriptin.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anita

87 months ago

I agree with you, a couple friends of mine have also gone through the same. I think they want people that are more than qualified for their positions , but don't want to pay the amount required. It is such a shame that this industry has turned into a personality contest instead wanting people with the knowledge to keep it working. That appears to be one of the problems the industry is in so much trouble.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Monique in Rialto, California

85 months ago

Ethan in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I was/am qualified for this position and I spoke with the hiring manager for this position numerous times. Each time we spoke he reiterated that he wanted to bring me in for an interview and that he was very interested in me... For weeks he made excuse after excuse about his busy schedule and that they were making decisions on who to bring in for interviews in the next few days, yada yada yada... he never had the nerve to give me a straight answer or email simply saying "we are not interested" or "sorry for the delay, lets get you in here asap". It was a joke, totally unprofessional. This goes for finance associate position, as well as mortgage analyst, both were supposedly handled by this same hiring manager at toll brothers.

TOTAL AGREEMENT WITH THE ABOVE. I AM A BILINGUAL ESCROW OFFICER WITH OVER 7 YEARS EXPERIENCE. AFTER SOME QUESTIONS OVER THE PHONE, I WAS TOLD THAT THEY WOULD MAKE A DECISION AS TO WHO THEY WOULD CALL IN FOR A INTERVIEW. ONE WEEK LATER I RECEIVED AN EMAIL STATING THAT I WAS NOT QUALIFIED ENOUGH AND YET THE POSITION STILL HAS NOT BEEN FILLED. WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY LOOKING FOR?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Secret! in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

84 months ago

They are currently down sizing the company. There have been over 1200 layoffs in the last year, and it continues...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

add in Atlantic City, New Jersey

84 months ago

Secret! in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: They are currently down sizing the company. There have been over 1200 layoffs in the last year, and it continues...

Given the above post and housing market slump, this is probably the reason.

I've applied and interviewed for positions that seemed a great fit and later found that it wasn't the place to be. Try to take heart and comfort in that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.