Sales Positions with Toll Brothers

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Aldan in Atlanta, Georgia

93 months ago

Starting salaries are what you negotiate astutely at hire. Tolls Bros. trains very well but you must bring sharp business skills to the toll bros to cross the Toll Bros bridge to personal wealth;
Have you researched the Toll Bros image and still asking? If you aren't self-confident with good self esteeem properly dressed with sharp business skills- don't waste your time, or theirs. You'll have 2-3 days to set the tone for what you are bringing to Toll Bros. They may keep you awhile if you are not a good fit and you don't adjust and conform in context your sharp business skills but not for long. Also Toll Bros is not going to give you a business school polish and education- you need to bring that with you however you obtained it because the degree is nice but its the sharp work delivered that counts at Toll Bros..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Joe in West Chester, Pennsylvania

90 months ago

Aldan in Atlanta, Georgia said: Starting salaries are what you negotiate astutely at hire. Tolls Bros. trains very well but you must bring sharp business skills to the toll bros to cross the Toll Bros bridge to personal wealth;
Have you researched the Toll Bros image and still asking? If you aren't self-confident with good self esteeem properly dressed with sharp business skills- don't waste your time, or theirs. You'll have 2-3 days to set the tone for what you are bringing to Toll Bros. They may keep you awhile if you are not a good fit and you don't adjust and conform in context your sharp business skills but not for long. Also Toll Bros is not going to give you a business school polish and education- you need to bring that with you however you obtained it because the degree is nice but its the sharp work delivered that counts at Toll Bros..

Aldan, where would you be if you couldn't incorporate the word "sharp" in your vocabulary?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Yada Yada Yada in Yada, Virginia

88 months ago

Starting salaries are what you negotiate astutely at hire. Tolls Bros. trains very well but you must bring sharp business skills to the toll bros to cross the Toll Bros bridge to personal wealth;

I think I'll take the advice of the several posts to stay away from Troll Brothers. Seems clear that they have a demographics/cultural approach to their hiring process, albeit, coupled with the degree form Wharton and your Type A.

As for "sharp", I have to agree. Mr. Alden may find it to his advantage as a reputable Toll hamster in the seniority bracket to invest in a thesaurus.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Yada Yada Yada in Yada, Virginia

88 months ago

Aldan in Atlanta, GA said, "Starting salaries are what you negotiate astutely at hire. Tolls Bros. trains very well but you must bring sharp business skills to the toll bros to cross the Toll Bros bridge to personal wealth;
Have you researched the Toll Bros image and still asking? If you aren't self-confident with good self esteeem properly dressed with sharp business skills- don't waste your time, or theirs. You'll have 2-3 days to set the tone for what you are bringing to Toll Bros. They may keep you awhile if you are not a good fit and you don't adjust and conform in context your sharp business skills but not for long. Also Toll Bros is not going to give you a business school polish and education- you need to bring that with you however you obtained it because the degree is nice but its the sharp work delivered that counts at Toll Bros.."

I think I'll take the advice of the several posts to stay away from Troll Brothers. Seems clear that they have a demographics/cultural approach to their hiring process, albeit, coupled with the degree form Wharton and your Type A.

As for "sharp", I have to agree. Mr. Alden may find it to his advantage as a reputable Toll hamster in the seniority bracket to invest in a thesaurus.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

grifangel in Woodstock, Georgia

62 months ago

Run from Toll Brothers, don't walk!
I recently was employed by Toll. The interview process was rigorous and tough to go through, but I am very experienced in New Home sales and got the position.
Normally Toll pays their sales agents a small salary plus a small commission. Around $36K per year with a reduced commission.
The company is in transition from paying a salary, and the division I was hired for was eliminating salary for all new hires, and was supposedly eliminating salaries from the existing sales agent employees in that division as of 2010.
They appear to be a great company from the outside, but I can tell you things are not as they appear.They are extremely top heavy with numerous layers of management and red tape. I had a bad experience with this company as a sales agent and am glad to no longer be affiliated with them. Good luck if you want to take a chance. As for me, it was not a good fit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.