How to get a job at Toll Brothers.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Host

Do you work at Toll Brothers? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

eva

93 months ago

Michelle said: Beware....they don't post salaries. The pay scale is VERY low and they expect brain surgeons. Pass on thier jobs!

you should be carefull !!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

David in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

92 months ago

I work for a staffing firm and supply services to many clients in the Horsham area. I have found the people at Toll Brothers the most difficult to work with. It is hard to get them to return a call or reply to emails. I have no first hand knowledge of how it is to work there but they do not treat vendors with much respect.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

White Trash in Irving, Texas

91 months ago

Just like you do with all the other home building companies.

(a) You don't know a darn thing about how to construct homes.
(b) You know how to work a computer. (levels and tape measures are for desk art)
(c) You are willing to work 50/60 hours a week for chump change.
(d) And oh yea, don't forget that all important 2 year construction degree that takes the place of 25 years of hard earned experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

close to several employees in Dallas, Texas

91 months ago

I don't know about Pennsylvania, but in our neck of the woods trained professionals who are hard working are paid very well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Aldan in Atlanta, Georgia

90 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Toll Brothers? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Toll Bros. have an upper middle class to upper class east coast distinctions and if this is not offensive to you and you are not a controversial in-your-face person in contrast the foregoing you can be hired on your skills; you'll get about 2-3 days to prove yourself in- you must seize this and set the tone yourself. I don't know about construction worker culture but I do know this profession is in demand all over and at Toll Bros. who take real pride in craftsmanship; I know about Sr. Management where I worked for 8 years. In every aspect of these offices you must fit in with the Toll upper class-mid upper class mannerisms means methods; read up on the usual business school philosophies, stay in the image (dress for success was probably based on Toll Bros. although an old book); women have more glass ceilings here and more pitfalls. To get the correct pay out of toll bros you must refine your negotiation skills-there is no reason to let your supervisor or their manager look good at your expense; celever handling of your reviews and initial hire will set you apart and this is what Toll Bros. want. If you fit the above you will have an excellant career work in beautiful environments and have a good career move to put on your resume. My husband is the reason I resigned GE said "moving" and so we have. Its not luck that I wish you- its a brooks brothers wardrobe and cole haan shoes and sharp wits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Aldan in Atlanta, Georgia

90 months ago

Michelle said: Beware....they don't post salaries. The pay scale is VERY low and they expect brain surgeons. Pass on thier jobs!

Michelle, what did you bring to Toll Bros? how did your appearance and mannerisms fit in? Did you stand out with superior work excellant business manners and sharp business attire? you may not have been a fit with Toll bros because once they see what they want they pay very well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mary in Ambler, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

Is anyone aware of how to get an interview with this company?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Someone in Somewhere, Maryland

85 months ago

I agree... don't waste your time right now. While there are some WONDERFUL people who work for Toll Brothers, they have been laying off MANY employees and from what I have seen, do NOT pay enough. (Believe me I speak from personal experience and have knowledge of the pay scale of many different positions)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

MaryG1959 in bethlehem, Pennsylvania

80 months ago

So, I just applied for an administrative job.....I work for a LARGE co, w/salary/bonuses/3 week vacation etc.

How will toll brothers compare and how do they treat their administrative staff? Like professionals? Or, are they treated as "Hired Help?"

Also what is the avg administrative salary (High end administrative personnel)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.