- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bresgirl in Kitchener, Ontario

26 months ago

J82 said: 11am you?

11:00 am as well.

bresgirl in Kitchener, Ontario

26 months ago

Anxiously waiting in Toronto, Ontario said: When were you two interviewed?

july 18th.

Kiki in Woodstock, Ontario

26 months ago

signed today!! Start on Tuesday north plant in assembly on B shift. Bernadette told us today that she has no idea as of right now when we will be back after the contract ends on December 21. We are first in line for a 3 month renewable contract when one comes up. She also said that the new contract could possibly be in Cambridge or Woodstock. Woodstock is expanding the plant to add a new vehicle to start in January so I'm hoping there will be jobs opening up right away.

Anxiously waiting in Toronto, Ontario

26 months ago

So frustrating. Mine was July 9th and still nothing. What plant did u get and what department? I wish I knew how they picked. I guess it depends what position is needed.

Tonkajoe in Woodstock, Ontario

26 months ago

Woodstock is not producing another vehicle. The 2013 RAV4 is being launched and the TAKT time is being reduced to 60 seconds. The 400 person hire is for the added jobs to meet the TAKT time change. Production will increase by 50000 vehicles.

Kiki in Woodstock, Ontario

26 months ago

Anxiously waiting in Toronto, Ontario said: So frustrating. Mine was July 9th and still nothing. What plant did u get and what department? I wish I knew how they picked. I guess it depends what position is needed.

my interview was June 12th so just hang on, it was 5 weeks for me between interview and offer!! I'm in the Corolla plant in assembly

Wilkie in Palmerston, Ontario

26 months ago

Finished day two of in class training, Made paper airplanes today!

26 months ago

Kiki in Woodstock, Ontario said: my interview was June 12th so just hang on, it was 5 weeks for me between interview and offer!! I'm in the Corolla plant in assembly

Thanks. I'm sure I'll get an offer since its been over 3 weeks and I didn't get a thanks but no thanks. As I'm sure you remember. The waiting makes you crazy.

P12 in London, Ontario

26 months ago

Just wondering does TMMC accept letters of recommendation/reference letters? I have 3 references they can call, and one of them wrote a letter of recomendation for me.

is300 in London, Ontario

26 months ago

nope no letters of recommendation accepted, they will tell you this in an email for the sim test.

haggith05 in Ingersoll, Ontario

26 months ago

Hey does anyone know when you get the thanks but no thanks does it come by mail or email?

26 months ago

Your status would change and they would mail you a letter is what I was told. So check your status it changes as soon as they would send a letter

vince in Niagara Falls, Ontario

26 months ago

this is my status......
You have completed a day of testing for the Contract Production Team Member position. You will be contacted regarding the next steps in the hiring process. Please be patient as we process qualified candidates, and understand that it may take more than 12 months before you are asked to participate in later stages of the selection process.
so i guess i just have to keep waiting!!

26 months ago

Yes I remember mine said that afterwards as well. Your still in.

on toyotas hook in Cambridge, Ontario

26 months ago

haggith05 in Ingersoll, Ontario said: man my interview was last monday and they still haven't called any of my references i'm guessing this isn't a good thing

My interview was last wednesday, and my references haven't been called either...but my status still says "Please be patient as we process qualified candidates, and understand that it may take more than 12 months before a decision will be made regarding your application."

Still hoping no news is good news.....Anxiously waiting, did they get to your references fairly quickly?

26 months ago

my references were all called before i even did the computer test. My boss told me they called him

26 months ago

The waiting game. Don't be discouraged if they don't call them immediately. As long as your status is still positive no news is good news but yes my interview was july9th and they called my references July 11th. Still haven't received an offer yet but I'm trying to keep patient as I've made it over the 3 week rejection letter mark.

26 months ago

The waiting game. Don't be discouraged if they don't call them immediately. As long as your status is still positive no news is good news but yes my interview was july9th and they called my references July 11th. Still haven't received an offer yet but I'm trying to keep patient as I've made it over the 3 week rejection letter mark.

Bert Macklin FBI in Kenora, Ontario

26 months ago

vince in Niagara Falls, Ontario said: my references were all called before i even did the computer test. My boss told me they called him

I thought they didn't require this until the simulation test.

Anyone else have the same experience?

26 months ago

i never told my boss or anyone i had applied. i went for computer test on July 21st....and 2 weeks before that my boss approached me and asked me what was going on with Toyota. i asked him why and he said they called him for a reference.
So i was kind of surprised that they called him before i even did the test.

jm83 in toronto, Ontario

26 months ago

Well u would be the first one they ever called before u started the testing lol as u can imagine they are way to busy processing applicants to even waste there time calling someones references not even knowing if they have passed any of the testing which is the reason they dont call references until after u have.done all of the testing if that is true.whih highly doubt it is u would be the first and only one one lol just sayin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

i agree 100% with you....i am just telling you that my Boss had no idea i applied....but they called him for a reference.....so im just saying..lol

Newbie08 in Cambridge, Ontario

26 months ago

Just got an email today for the computer testing interview thing at conastoga what exactly is it

me30 in Cambridge, Ontario

26 months ago

Can anyone tell me anything about the computer test? I just received an e-mail to go for a computer test. I am not sure when to schedule the test.

Guelphgirl in Guelph, Ontario

26 months ago

@Vince, do you by chance currently work at a supplier for toyota? Because someone from HR department mentioned to me that they knew I was in the process before I had told anyone. I didn't use them as a reference and I didn't plan to, but they did know before I went to my SIM test.

Also does anyone know anything about Toyota only being able to hire a certain amount of people from their suppliers? I was told today that from some people at my work that Toyota was "not allowed" to hire anymore of us for at least 6 months. Could this be true? If so why bother interviewing me Monday for my final interview, if there's no chance I can be hired?

samurai_trd in Kitchener, Ontario

26 months ago

Guelphgirl in Guelph, Ontario said: Also does anyone know anything about Toyota only being able to hire a certain amount of people from their suppliers? I was told today that from some people at my work that Toyota was "not allowed" to hire anymore of us for at least 6 months. Could this be true? If so why bother interviewing me Monday for my final interview, if there's no chance I can be hired?

My orientation class was like 40-something people, and about 30 were from Boshuku. Hang in there

Vince in Niagara Falls, Ontario

26 months ago

@Guelphgirl...no i do not work for a toyota supplier. i have no connection with them what so ever.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

@samuri, have you heard whether its true or not that they are only allowed to hire a certain number (I heard 10% every six months)

haggith05 in Woodstock, Ontario

26 months ago

Guelphgirl that seems very unlikey to me all you can do is find out for yourselve

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

samurai_trd in Kitchener, Ontario

26 months ago

Guelphgirl in Guelph, Ontario said: @samuri, have you heard whether its true or not that they are only allowed to hire a certain number (I heard 10% every six months)

Seems like a rumor to me. Just like half the negative crap ppl say on this forum. My best advice to you is to keep optimistic and confident. Good luck to you guelphgirl.

26 months ago

i agree with samuria trd

26 months ago

I was hoping someone would say that. Lol. I needed cheering up. Sounds to me like maybe she got a rejection letter and wanted to give people an excuse. But I have been hearing his rumor for awhile. That Toyota is only allowed to hire 10% from their too suppliers...so that would be 40 people. And if you had 30 in your groups and we've had about 6 I think...that means for sure it's got to be over 40, because I'm sure there are others!

I go for my final interview Monday so I hope it's not for nothing :(

26 months ago

Has anyone tried applying at either of Boshuku plants? I've applied maybe two or three times at each facility every time they posted an opening; so far no replies :(

I don't know if anyone will answer this since the opportunity of working for TMMC seems quite competitive but..., does anyone know if knowing someone who has been a long time employee at TMMC as a full time member will improve your chances? Thanks in advance to anyone who answers.

Staldan in Cambridge, Ontario

26 months ago

Bert Macklin FBI in Kenora, Ontario said: Has anyone tried applying at either of Boshuku plants? I've applied maybe two or three times at each facility every time they posted an opening; so far no replies :(

I don't know if anyone will answer this since the opportunity of working for TMMC seems quite competitive but..., does anyone know if knowing someone who has been a long time employee at TMMC as a full time member will improve your chances? Thanks in advance to anyone who answers.

Nope. Doesn't improve your chances at all. We have children who have been passed over for hire.

26 months ago

What about knowing someone to get into one of the Boshuku plants? Anyone think it'll help? The person I know at TMMC first started out at one of the Boshuku plants and then got a full time job at TMMC.

ElDoctor in Brantford, Ontario

26 months ago

Got my final Interview this last Monday 30 Jul at 12 , and they called one of my references this Thursday Aug 2 , let s see , it s just happening so fast and gotta make a decision . In Jan ill be making 5 years on the place i current work , have a good seniority , 2 weeks holidays but not a job were i feel happy , 15 min from home , to drive for 35 to 40 min now , not knowing the time they would call back after the 21december it s what is making me stressed out and lost .

26 months ago

Goodluck. I had my interview July 9th references called 2 days later and still haven't heard so you may have some time to really think over your decision. Lol

26 months ago

ElDoctor in Brantford, Ontario said: Got my final Interview this last Monday 30 Jul at 12 , and they called one of my references this Thursday Aug 2 , let s see , it s just happening so fast and gotta make a decision . In Jan ill be making 5 years on the place i current work , have a good seniority , 2 weeks holidays but not a job were i feel happy , 15 min from home , to drive for 35 to 40 min now , not knowing the time they would call back after the 21december it s what is making me stressed out and lost .

I'm in the same situation except much worse; I get a low salary (Not even $20k a year after taxes), I work overtime 3-4 times a week with no overtime pay, the big corporation I work for treats their employees like garbage. Things would change big time if my position was a unionized and the funny thing is that there are other unions in other departments but not mine; go figure. The 3 weeks of holidays I get a year doesn't make up for all the BS I go through.

This is the way I see it, if a person is unhappy about their current job situation, why stay? I've been employed at my current job for almost 5 years, all of which have been miserable since day one and I can tell you that its been 5 wasted years at a company that doesn't appreciate any of the work that I do or the work the other people in my department.

Demon77 in Strathroy, Ontario

26 months ago

How long is the wait between the sim test and getting an email for the next step or a rejection?

26 months ago

on toyotas hook in Cambridge, Ontario said: My interview was last wednesday, and my references haven't been called either...but my status still says "Please be patient as we process qualified candidates, and understand that it may take more than 12 months before a decision will be made regarding your application."

Still hoping no news is good news.....Anxiously waiting, did they get to your references fairly quickly?

keep me posted if they call your references or if you get a letter if you don't mind ill do the same for you

On Toyotas Hook in Cambridge, Ontario

26 months ago

haggith05 in Woodstock, Ontario said: keep me posted if they call your references or if you get a letter if you don't mind ill do the same for you

Will do! I see EIDoctor had his references called already, and his interview was 5 days after mine. Not a good sign.

I really felt great after the interview, and all the questions flowed quite easily. There was nothing I stumbled or felt stumped on, and I have a ton of time-critical work and leadership experience. Even with that, this process is still making me question myself and it definitely doesn't help the morale.

The suspense is brutal!

26 months ago

On Toyotas Hook in Cambridge, Ontario said: Will do! I see EIDoctor had his references called already, and his interview was 5 days after mine. Not a good sign.

I really felt great after the interview, and all the questions flowed quite easily. There was nothing I stumbled or felt stumped on, and I have a ton of time-critical work and leadership experience. Even with that, this process is still making me question myself and it definitely doesn't help the morale.

The suspense is brutal!

oh my god i feel the same way i work midnights and can't sleep during the day cause i keep waking up to loom at my status!
speaking of status what does yours say now? Mine says
You have completed an application for the Production Team Member position. Please note it may take several months before a decision is made regarding your application.

scrappysurvivor in Windsor, Ontario

26 months ago

I had my interview today... The wait begins and WOW am I nervous I thought it went awesome but I read comments of the wait on here and it freaks me out...

26 months ago

scrappysurvivor in Windsor, Ontario said: I had my interview today... The wait begins and WOW am I nervous I thought it went awesome but I read comments of the wait on here and it freaks me out...

Good Luck

26 months ago

haggith05 in Woodstock, Ontario said: Good Luck

let us know if they check your references please

taz_spike in Brantford, Ontario

26 months ago

Just had my interview this past week on Tuesday. Thought it went alright but it only lasted 20 minutes. How long was everyone else's? No references called yet either. Status still says that I'm scheduled to participate in the final interview as well.. Hope I didn't screw up my interview, it would suck to make it all this way and then not get it lol

26 months ago

taz_spike in Brantford, Ontario said: Just had my interview this past week on Tuesday. Thought it went alright but it only lasted 20 minutes. How long was everyone else's? No references called yet either. Status still says that I'm scheduled to participate in the final interview as well.. Hope I didn't screw up my interview, it would suck to make it all this way and then not get it lol

Mine was about 45 mins total your status still says that eh thats weired mine changed after weired i tell you

scrappysurvivor in Windsor, Ontario

26 months ago

Mine was about 30 minutes I think they ask all the same ?'s and a lot is based on how long your answers were

taz_spike in Brantford, Ontario

26 months ago

Well that makes me feel a bit better lol. I was 20 minutes early and they took me in right away and said they were running ahead of schedule. Just hoping my status changes or references are called soon. Patiently waiting lol

Page:  « First « Previous   115  116  117  118  119  120  121  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.