Toyota Hiring Process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8301 to 8350 of 10829)
Page:  « First « Previous   164  165  166  167  168  169  170  Next »   Last »

Londonguy in London, Ontario

33 months ago

Noticed on Service Canada jobbank TMMC Woodstock is hiring 300 people. Wonder why it specifies Woodstock.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

christurek28 in Palgrave, Ontario

33 months ago

So if they call references, that's a good sign right!?!?

hardwrker2 in stratford, Ontario

33 months ago

Londonguy in London, Ontario said: Noticed on Service Canada jobbank TMMC Woodstock is hiring 300 people. Wonder why it specifies Woodstock.

Probably to cover all the people off on injuries.
Right now TMMC is working on plan to go to 11 hour 15 shifts on nights. 5:45-4:14 am. That's a heckuva long time on the feet. Plantar faciatis , heel spurs. Injuries to arms shoulders and backs? That health centre is standing room already.

33 months ago

Sorry 10 hrs 30 min.
5:45 PM start. Not sure yet of breaks. One thing for sure is our time each quarter will increase. Instead of just under 2 hrs it will be over 2 hours.

33 months ago

Ok, I'm driving myself crazy...if they call references then that means you got the job and just have to wait!?!?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

matters6288 in Barrie, Ontario

33 months ago

Just got a job offer!

Interview was yesterday, they called one of my references yesterday and one today. The last was away but I guess they didn't need it. Said that I'll be working at the Cambridge plant, which is perfect! Starting after the long weekend.

33 months ago

christurek28 in Palgrave, Ontario said: Ok, I'm driving myself crazy...if they call references then that means you got the job and just have to wait!?!?

Exactly. Unless one of your references screws you over.

33 months ago

hardwrker2 in stratford, Ontario said: Exactly. Unless one of your references screws you over.

Thanks very much for the response! And there shouldn't be any issues haha
Yay!!!!

33 months ago

Right on.

Tango Charlie in Kitchener, Ontario

33 months ago

I just did simulation in Cambridge plant. Wondering how long for them to respond.
Thank you

33 months ago

Tango Charlie in Kitchener, Ontario said: I just did simulation in Cambridge plant. Wondering how long for them to respond.
Thank you

They're flying through everything right now. Shouldn't be long! Good luck!

Tango Charlie in Mississauga, Ontario

33 months ago

christurek28 in Palgrave, Ontario said: They're flying through everything right now. Shouldn't be long! Good luck!

Thank you

Degar71 in London, Ontario

33 months ago

matters6288 in Barrie, Ontario said: Just got a job offer!

Interview was yesterday, they called one of my references yesterday and one today. The last was away but I guess they didn't need it. Said that I'll be working at the Cambridge plant, which is perfect! Starting after the long weekend.

Congrats! How long ago did you do your competency testing at Conestoga College? I am just trying to get a rough estimate on the hiring process. I am going for the testing tomorrow morning.

33 months ago

Degar71 in London, Ontario said: Congrats! How long ago did you do your competency testing at Conestoga College? I am just trying to get a rough estimate on the hiring process. I am going for the testing tomorrow morning.

Well I did my computer testing on April 12. So it took almost a month, and I did everything as early as available. They may, however, be hiring more/less people now so I'm not sure if it will take more or less time. I hear they are hiring a lot of people though so it may not be that long for you.

Degar 71 in London, Ontario

33 months ago

matters6288 in Barrie, Ontario said: Well I did my computer testing on April 12. So it took almost a month, and I did everything as early as available. They may, however, be hiring more/less people now so I'm not sure if it will take more or less time. I hear they are hiring a lot of people though so it may not be that long for you.

How many interviews did you have? I know from friends who got hired on 4 years ago that they had 2 interviews after the computer testing and the simulation.

33 months ago

Degar 71 in London, Ontario said: How many interviews did you have? I know from friends who got hired on 4 years ago that they had 2 interviews after the computer testing and the simulation.

Only one interview after the simulation. It was a 2 on 1 interview. Both people were quite friendly. And as i said, 2 references we're called after.

Dbruhlman5 in Toronto, Ontario

33 months ago

I had my interview a week ago still dont think my references have been called and my online status says please be advise it may take several months blah blah blah but haven't gotten the email saying I didn't get the job. Anyone have any ideas if I'm gunna get the email or. Anything lol I'm dying not knowing what's going on!!!

33 months ago

I did my simulation on Friday May 10. Check my status today it's says
You have completed an application for the Production Team Member position. Please note it may take several months before a decision is made regarding your application.

Is good or bad? Can anyone put some light on it.

christurek28 in Woodstock, Ontario

33 months ago

I got the job! Yay!!! Go to sign contract on Thursday, and start the 27th!!

Prius in Oshawa, Ontario

33 months ago

Dbruhlman5 in Toronto, Ontario said: I had my interview a week ago still dont think my references have been called and my online status says please be advise it may take several months blah blah blah but haven't gotten the email saying I didn't get the job. Anyone have any ideas if I'm gunna get the email or. Anything lol I'm dying not knowing what's going on!!!

I did my interview 3 weeks ago, I have same status and haven't heard anything. I'm pretty sure I didn't get it.

Prius in Oshawa, Ontario

33 months ago

christurek28 in Woodstock, Ontario said: I got the job! Yay!!! Go to sign contract on Thursday, and start the 27th!!

Congrats you've earned it after all those attempts.

33 months ago

christurek28 in Woodstock, Ontario said: I got the job! Yay!!! Go to sign contract on Thursday, and start the 27th!!

Congrats what did your status said before interview and after thanks

Olivkaa in cambridge, Ontario

33 months ago

Congrats ! Did they just call you ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

Tango Charlie in Kitchener, Ontario said: Congrats what did your status said before interview and after thanks

Thanks :) and it said please be patient as it can take more than 12 months. Etc etc.

Prius in Oshawa, Ontario said: Congrats you've earned it after all those attempts.

Thanks very much! I'm extremely excited :)

Olivkaa in cambridge, Ontario said: Congrats ! Did they just call you ?

They did! Just this morning. :D

And I live in Woodstock, and they placed me at that plant. I live 5 minutes away. So excited!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

Just got the email from tmmc that they are not perusing my application. Good
Luck every one who applied.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Prius in Oshawa, Ontario

33 months ago

I also received my No Thank you email today. I guess they are clearing the glut of rejections today.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

33 months ago

I called Bernadette and asked for a reason she said toyota cannot give reason. Can any body clarify on That's please and thank you.

Prius in Oshawa, Ontario

33 months ago

Tango Charlie in Mississauga, Ontario said: I called Bernadette and asked for a reason she said toyota cannot give reason. Can any body clarify on That's please and thank you.

Sounds like they don't want to give reasons as that would probably be very labour intensive for them. They seem to be interviewing thousands.

Staldan in Cambridge, Ontario

33 months ago

Tango Charlie in Mississauga, Ontario said: I called Bernadette and asked for a reason she said toyota cannot give reason. Can any body clarify on That's please and thank you.

They don't explain themselves. Ever. Move on and reapply if you want.

33 months ago

Staldan in Cambridge, Ontario said: They don't explain themselves. Ever. Move on and reapply if you want.

Do NOT give up. I've applied 4 times and have finally got my call!
Don't give up!

33 months ago

christurek28 in Palgrave, Ontario said: Do NOT give up. I've applied 4 times and have finally got my call!
Don't give up!

Thank you for your support its helps
A lot. Congrats again and good luck to anyone who is waiting.

Dan-o in Woodstock, Ontario

33 months ago

The reason Toyota cannot give anyone a reason is because they hire a third party company to do the screening and hiring so when you ask Toyota the really don't have a clue they just know what there computer says lol...
Hope that's helps you understand.. They look for a certain type of people and as your hired its one of the first things they say to you is that you would be surprised how compatible everyone is for the most part.. So don't give up just try again it could come down to the way you answered a question etc... Good luck

33 months ago

Dan-o in Woodstock, Ontario said: The reason Toyota cannot give anyone a reason is because they hire a third party company to do the screening and hiring so when you ask Toyota the really don't have a clue they just know what there computer says lol...
Hope that's helps you understand.. They look for a certain type of people and as your hired its one of the first things they say to you is that you would be surprised how compatible everyone is for the most part.. So don't give up just try again it could come down to the way you answered a question etc... Good luck

Thank you for the input :)

Degar 71 in London, Ontario

33 months ago

How long was it from the time you did your Computer testing at Conestoga until you got the email and did your simulation?

christurek28 in Woodstock, Ontario

33 months ago

Degar 71 in London, Ontario said: How long was it from the time you did your Computer testing at Conestoga until you got the email and did your simulation?

It was the next business day.

Ann24 in Ontario

33 months ago

Tango Charlie in Mississauga, Ontario said: Just got the email from tmmc that they are not perusing my application. Good
Luck every one who applied.

How long after the last process u did- did u recieve the "no thank you"email?

33 months ago

Ann24 in Ontario said: How long after the last process u did- did u recieve the "no thank you"email?

i did my sim on Friday May 10 got the no thank you email on Monday May 13. Wondering what went wrong.

Ann24 in Ontario

33 months ago

Tango Charlie in Kitchener, Ontario said: i did my sim on Friday May 10 got the no thank you email on Monday May 13. Wondering what went wrong.

Wow that was quick! I'm curious too!

kjdg_belleville in Belleville, Ontario

33 months ago

Got my call yesterday to come and sign my job offer. Good luck to all those who have applied. I had my interview on April 9 and they called 2 of my references the next day. I got my job offer May 13.

Does anyone know how the pay schedule works. Like when is the next pay date, is it bi-weekly on Fridays? Do they hold and pay back? Any information would be helpful!

33 months ago

kjdg_belleville in Belleville, Ontario said: Got my call yesterday to come and sign my job offer. Good luck to all those who have applied. I had my interview on April 9 and they called 2 of my references the next day. I got my job offer May 13.

Does anyone know how the pay schedule works. Like when is the next pay date, is it bi-weekly on Fridays? Do they hold and pay back? Any information would be helpful!

Hi. The next pay day is may 24th. It is bi weekly Fridays. Unfortunately they do hold a week back. It goes like this. .... Example. For the pay day 24th, you would get the pay for the days you worked up until may 8th. Once they decide make you permanent , then you get paid the lag week that they have been holding.

guelphgirl in Guelph, Ontario

33 months ago

hardwrker2 in stratford, Ontario said: Hi. The next pay day is may 24th. It is bi weekly Fridays. Unfortunately they do hold a week back. It goes like this. .... Example. For the pay day 24th, you would get the pay for the days you worked up until may 8th. Once they decide make you permanent , then you get paid the lag week that they have been holding.

I started April 1st and they didn't hold any pay back on me.

33 months ago

hardwrker2 in stratford, Ontario said: Hi. The next pay day is may 24th. It is bi weekly Fridays. Unfortunately they do hold a week back. It goes like this. .... Example. For the pay day 24th, you would get the pay for the days you worked up until may 8th. Once they decide make you permanent , then you get paid the lag week that they have been holding.

Thanks for the info!

33 months ago

Guelphgirl in Guelph, Ontario said: I started April 1st and they didn't hold any pay back on me.

Thanks for the info!

33 months ago

One other question, I'm relocating my family and I from 3 hours away - Belleville area (well I'm coming for the first 3 months to get settled) and I'm completly lost when it comes to the area. Does anyone or does Toyota know of any place I should contact regarding temporary housing until I find something more suitable.

33 months ago

Is anyone else going this Thursday for contract signing???
I'm starting May 27th. Is orientation the same day as contract signing? Or another day? What goes on at orientation?
Thanks !!

33 months ago

Guelphgirl in Guelph, Ontario said: I started April 1st and they didn't hold any pay back on me.

Might want to call HR. they can explain.

Danny Bryan in Oshawa, Ontario

33 months ago

I just went in for the job offer and the lady said I was working in quality control which involves moving different locations.. Does anyone have any info on what this job is about?

guelphgirl in Guelph, Ontario

33 months ago

Danny Bryan in Oshawa, Ontario said: I just went in for the job offer and the lady said I was working in quality control which involves moving different locations.. Does anyone have any info on what this job is about?

There are different QC departments. I'm in QC...but I don't know what she means by moving to different locations. Unless she means that there are various quality gates on different lines in the plants. In qc you will be working at various quality gates throughout the plant therefor you'll be moving around. Just a guess.

n_v684 in Mississauga, Ontario

33 months ago

Anybody who had their final interview on Wednesday, got a reply yet?
I had my interview on Wednesday and they called references the same day. Have been waiting since.

jhdesign in Tobermory, Ontario

33 months ago

I'm going for my Interview on Tuesday May 21st. I started my application process about 6 weeks ago. Can anyone enlighten me on some of the questions that they ask (besides the standard ones)...like any that caught you off-guard?
Any assistance would be helpful and appreciated! Thanks :)

Page:  « First « Previous   164  165  166  167  168  169  170  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.