Toyota Hiring Process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8451 to 8500 of 10125)
Page:  « First « Previous   167  168  169  170  171  172  173  Next »   Last »

Staldan in Cambridge, Ontario

14 months ago

worker in Kitchener, Ontario said: I will be taking the computer assessment soon. Thank you to everyone for all the info regarding the actual assessment.

Does anyone know how long it will take before I take the physical test at this juncture in time? (Of course this is provided I do well on the assessment!)

I really need the job at this point, as my family depends on it. I simply want to work and will do whatever it takes to support my family.

It's all a waiting game. There is no timeline to reassure you. Just have to be patient.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

worker in Kitchener, Ontario

14 months ago

Staldan in Cambridge, Ontario said: It's all a waiting game. There is no timeline to reassure you. Just have to be patient.

Thank you Staldan. We are all trying to be patient here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

hardwrker2 in stratford, Ontario

14 months ago

TMMC update!!
10 hr shifts to commence in sept.
There never was an in plant vote for this. They will do what they want with no democratic process.
These jobs are crippling enough on a 9 hour shift.
Buckle up new hires.
10 year wage progression. No set date to be made permanent. No pension. No bookable days for holidays.
Sign a card for representation please. Thanks.
Toyota workers unite!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Just a few things we have lost:
3 vacation days,
2 floating holidays
Annual $50 turkey voucher,
$650 family benefit,
Spot awards (3 months we got gift card or trinket )
Take Aim dollars Suggestion program
Corolla park free for families.
Xmas party..with gifts ..cars, tvs etc
Gifts at shutdown,
Birthday cakes with lunch and learns,
Benefits fully paid ( with more coverage than we have now )
First class travel when travelling for company,
More flexibility with OT rules
Perfect Attendance rewards.
Mutual trust and respect !
Pre 2008 we received a raise every 6 months.
PT Program..Personal Touch program where teams would receive money so they could go shoot pool together ,have some drinks, food,movies etc..
TPT's. Basically students that would work Friday,Saturday, or Monday based on their availability. It was a great way to get a day off and give a student that wanted to work some money in their pocket.
Managers used to get new cars annually, so used to be a lot more vehicles posted

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

hardwrker2 in stratford, Ontario said: TMMC update!!
10 hr shifts to commence in sept.
There never was an in plant vote for this. They will do what they want with no democratic process.
These jobs are crippling enough on a 9 hour shift.
Buckle up new hires.
10 year wage progression. No set date to be made permanent. No pension. No bookable days for holidays.
Sign a card for representation please. Thanks.
Toyota workers unite!!

Believe me I understand what you are saying. Workers should be treated with dignity - they are not soulless machines. Nevertheless, can one be really that picky or take that much of a risk when the job market out there is not exactly beneficial to families? Are you a permanent worker? If so, you have more freedom to complain about the system (rightfully so perhaps) but for others, they simply need to work and don't have the luxury to complain about the working conditions as much as they need to be changed.

14 months ago

"Managers used to get new cars annually, so used to be a lot more vehicles posted"

Why would anyone need a new car annually? That sounds like materialism to me. All one should ask is for a just and fair wage and good working conditions, not necessarily all these perks.

Soon2BeMe in Woodstock, Ontario

14 months ago

worker in Kitchener, Ontario said: Believe me I understand what you are saying. Workers should be treated with dignity - they are not soulless machines. Nevertheless, can one be really that picky or take that much of a risk when the job market out there is not exactly beneficial to families? Are you a permanent worker? If so, you have more freedom to complain about the system (rightfully so perhaps) but for others, they simply need to work and don't have the luxury to complain about the working conditions as much as they need to be changed.

BINGO

Guaranteed he's a permanent making full wage of $33.70 an hour. I'm a contract, have to wait 10 years for full wage. Guess what? Doesn't bother me in the slightest. Why? Because I was able to survive off making minimum wage for what seems like ever lol
$20.22 an hour now....double what I was making at my other job. Thanks Toyota.

@hardwrker2 You know what a union does? Drives up costs to the company which in turn drives up prices for consumers. What does that do? SLOWS THE MARKET DOWN.
Union really helped the all of the Kelsey Hayes workers didn't they? Really helped Cami and all factories that work for Cami out didn't they? If TMMC is THAT crappy to you, go try making minimum wage for a while and then come post on how you need more money now. Can't listen to you iPod during work hours? cry me a river. Body sore because the work is too hard? It should be, you're making great money and should have to work for it. TMMC tries to make jobs ergonomically correct. It's factory work, what do you expect? You aren't flipping burgers or anything like that(no disrespect to those that do) We get paid very well, and all unions want is MORE MORE MORE. Like I said before, if you don't like it. Go somewhere else, you posted before how there's "plenty" of jobs out there for $20 an hour right?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Well said Soon2BeMe. The problem with unions is that due to the fact of them fighting for good working conditions but the fact that unions may tend to fight for the wrong type of conditions. As for many of jobs for $20 an hour jobs...they don't exist!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Sorry that should be: "The problem with unions is not due to the fact of them fighting for good working conditions but the fact that unions may tend to fight for the WRONG type of conditions." Anyway, I don't want to get philosophical on a forum about the hiring process for Toyota. I will simply add one thing - our view of the nature of work is very flawed - work is not meant to create time for selfish pleasures but a means for creative production.

14 months ago

One of the big things wrong at TMMC is that your life becomes work.
The place takes a lot of sacrifice. Your job should allow you to enjoy your life outside.
A collective agreement will give us a voice in that regard.
Thousands of cards signed. We will be heard.
Opinion cards sent in overwhelmingly indicate this union drive is a lot more than just financial
Thanks for listening.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

The recession took out alot of companies not just union shops.
Things are profitable and companies have learned better management skills.
Cami is doing great. Other auto makers are doing fantastic as well.
The problem with TMMC is regardless of how better they are doing financially , they refuse to give back what they have taken. Instead more cost cutting is coming.
This is driving down entire industry.
We cannot accept United States wages in SW Ontario.
Our cost of living is a whole different ball game here. If we unite we can stop the bleeding.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

Recent comment from the Pope:

"[T]he goal of economics and politics is to serve humanity, beginning with the poorest and most vulnerable wherever they may be, even in their mothers' wombs. Every economic and political theory or action must set about providing each inhabitant of the planet with the minimum wherewithal to live in dignity and freedom, with the possibility of supporting a family, educating children, praising God and developing one's own human potential. This is the main thing; in the absence of such a vision, all economic activity is meaningless.

In this sense, the various grave economic and political challenges facing today's world require a courageous change of attitude that will restore to the end (the human person) and to the means (economics and politics) their proper place. Money and other political and economic means must serve, not rule, bearing in mind that, in a seemingly paradoxical way, free and disinterested solidarity is the key to the smooth functioning of the global economy."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

It'll never happen my friend.
The rich keep getting richer and the poor poorer. The middle class is shrinking while huge corporations are killing the mom and pop small business.
Unions fought and got us literally everything we enjoy today as workers rights. Workers rights are legislated , employment standards act ,labour board enforces rights.
We all roll over and play Ghandi , and trust companies to take care of us and let us live in dignity.
Without industry standard pay in the auto industry provided by union contracts TMMC would do whatever they wanted.
There would never be permanent workers. No one would have a defined pension. Benefits would be slim to none.
Temp agencies would be rampant in plant.
This is not right. We as Canadians do not deserve to live like that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

14 months ago

worker in Kitchener, Ontario said: Believe me I understand what you are saying. Workers should be treated with dignity - they are not soulless machines. Nevertheless, can one be really that picky or take that much of a risk when the job market out there is not exactly beneficial to families? Are you a permanent worker? If so, you have more freedom to complain about the system (rightfully so perhaps) but for others, they simply need to work and don't have the luxury to complain about the working conditions as much as they need to be changed.

Actually not so. Contract workers have the right to speak up without suffering intimidation or reprisal.
Last gate drive we had numerous contract workers handing out union leaflets to fellow employees.
Contracts are realizing things are going downhill and will get worse for them as time passes.
If this drive is not successful and the union pressure eases , TMMC will begin cutting again and there certainly won't be another permanent hire anytime soon.
Profits in billions. Shame !! No excuse.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

decision in Guelph, Ontario

14 months ago

Hey everyone,

My Second "interview" (hands-on simulation) is coming up for a production team member, so I haven't got a contract offer yet. But I am thinking about what I should do, if I did get a contract offer from Toyota. Currently I am studying an engineering technology program at Conestoga College and have one more year left starting in September. I've always heard Toyota is pretty good money, and so I applied to see what would happen...now I'm just left wondering what would be the best route in life if offered a contract position for a career in terms of making money..etc. I have researched and researched, and ultimately know its up to me, but wouldn't mind hearing other people's opinions (good or bad.

P.S.-I have researched wages for an engineering technologist, and it is usually (key word) from what I've seen and think, low to mid 20's (I may be wrong)

There's probably more people deciding about school or working at Toyota other than me, so hopefully this can help anyone out also!

Thanks in advance for any input!

Londonguy in London, Ontario

14 months ago

I would finish your schooling. You've come this far now. Looks like a good career. Very good chance that contract workers now won't get full time for years. There's something like 3000 contract workers now. Even if they make 500 a year permanent that's at least 5 years.

decision in Guelph, Ontario

14 months ago

Londonguy in London, Ontario said: I would finish your schooling. You've come this far now. Looks like a good career. Very good chance that contract workers now won't get full time for years. There's something like 3000 contract workers now. Even if they make 500 a year permanent that's at least 5 years.

I never thought about that, thanks a lot for the input!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

GATOR in Mcbride, British Columbia

14 months ago

will1969 in cameron, Ontario said: I have completed stage one and received a letter to come back for stage two.This is a full days work. I beleive that it is work simulation exercises.Does anyone have any more details regarding this stage of hiring .Thank You.

yes they want to see if you can do the job and make sure you can work like a ROBOT

14 months ago

decision in Guelph, Ontario said: Hey everyone,

My Second "interview" (hands-on simulation) is coming up for a production team member, so I haven't got a contract offer yet. But I am thinking about what I should do, if I did get a contract offer from Toyota. Currently I am studying an engineering technology program at Conestoga College and have one more year left starting in September. I've always heard Toyota is pretty good money, and so I applied to see what would happen...now I'm just left wondering what would be the best route in life if offered a contract position for a career in terms of making money..etc. I have researched and researched, and ultimately know its up to me, but wouldn't mind hearing other people's opinions (good or bad.

P.S.-I have researched wages for an engineering technologist, and it is usually (key word) from what I've seen and think, low to mid 20's (I may be wrong)

There's probably more people deciding about school or working at Toyota other than me, so hopefully this can help anyone out also!

Thanks in advance for any input!

Stay in school and go for a job related field. Production work is a dead end. Both in terms of career and family life.

Welderlips in Windsor, Ontario

14 months ago

Staldan in Cambridge, Ontario said: Stay in school and go for a job related field. Production work is a dead end. Both in terms of career and family life.

get some kinda trade if you have half a brain because a year into toyota will turn it into muuuuhy peas

Cdaubs in Toronto, Ontario

14 months ago

I've read through most of this forum and I really appreciate all of the advice that various users have posted. I went through the computer test, sim day and the interview all within the past month.
Will they be hiring anyone with start dates before the July shutdown? Seems odd to hire someone for a week or two and then take a week off. And if so, do contract workers get paid for the shutdown week?
Thanks everyone, and good luck to all who have applied.

14 months ago

Contracts do not get paid for shutdown week. You will receive ROE from EI in mail a week or do later.
It's called shortage of work.
Then you come back after shutdown and continue your contract.

14 months ago

Thank you hardwrker2, I appreciate it.
Just got word that they checked both of my references today, so now it's the waiting game.

Peter83 in Toronto, Ontario

14 months ago

Cdaubs in Toronto, Ontario said: Thank you hardwrker2, I appreciate it.
Just got word that they checked both of my references today, so now it's the waiting game.

When was your interview?

14 months ago

Monday

Travis in Brantford, Ontario

14 months ago

Is there anyone on here from Brantford that works at one of the Cambridge plants and is on A Shift? I start on the 2nd and am very interested in carpooling with someone that drives every day in exchange for me splitting gas money with you.

Tom in Toronto, Ontario

14 months ago

Travis in Brantford, Ontario said: Is there anyone on here from Brantford that works at one of the Cambridge plants and is on A Shift? I start on the 2nd and am very interested in carpooling with someone that drives every day in exchange for me splitting gas money with you.

Which shop u on ? Do u drive as well ?

14 months ago

Hey there. Hope you're enjoying your apartment. If you like it there can you give me the area you moved or the building? Looking for a place there now and not familiar with the area and what is good or not. If you want to email me I can be reached at Rick4611@hotmail.com. Thanks so much

14 months ago

Cambrikid in Cambridge, Ontario said: Yes I had no problem at all. I came and looked at a place I saw on kijiji,loved it,applied and was accepted within 24 hrs. I dont think its too hard,most ppl when you say you work at Toyota,smile like its a good thing :)

Sorry I meant direct my last post to you. Looking for a decent place in Cambridge. Thanks.

14 months ago

Tom in Toronto, Ontario said: Which shop u on ? Do u drive as well ?

On the team member website their is an ad for brantford carpool. Try that.
Bargain board under carpool section.

Mat in New Hamburg, Ontario

14 months ago

JJMad in Kitchener, Ontario said: Congrats! I start July 2nd as well and go in Wednesday to sigh the contract .

I had an interview a week ago and was wondering when your interview was conducted?

pdl in London, Ontario

14 months ago

what does the day of your physical and simulation look like? Is it a full 8 hours? Do you have to be in really good physical condition?

justme in Kitchener, Ontario

14 months ago

Hi just curious, I have been through all the stages for Toyota hiring process. How long is this waiting game, Almost 3 weeks, I haven't heard anything. No news is good news right?!

Mike83 in Toronto, Ontario

14 months ago

justme in Kitchener, Ontario said: Hi just curious, I have been through all the stages for Toyota hiring process. How long is this waiting game, Almost 3 weeks, I haven't heard anything. No news is good news right?!

Did they contact your references?

14 months ago

Just got the call - start date July 22.
I asked if they knew what area I would be placed in and she said Manufacturing somewhere but she wasn't sure where.
Thanks to everyone on this site that helped me get to this point!

Questionnnn in Orangeville, Ontario

14 months ago

Hey, how long can you push back a start date if your hired on and don't want to start yet? I've heard for a long time?

13 months ago

Questionnnn in Orangeville, Ontario said: Hey, how long can you push back a start date if your hired on and don't want to start yet? I've heard for a long time?

They will hold your name for hiring. Sorry don't know time frame , but are pretty flexible on it I heard. Call HR. at TMMC.
They are having a rough time with recruitment. People are quitting and walking out of hiring process.
It's quite a sacrifice on your body for 20 bucks an hour.

13 months ago

hardwrker2 in stratford, Ontario said: They will hold your name for hiring. Sorry don't know time frame , but are pretty flexible on it I heard. Call HR. at TMMC.
They are having a rough time with recruitment. People are quitting and walking out of hiring process.
It's quite a sacrifice on your body for 20 bucks an hour.

I see you're in Stratford. I heard that new Minto plant is a hell hole as well for very low wages. If Toyota would make an effort to accomodate a little more, that might help. Having to be available for either plant is hard for some people who have to make 2 hr commutes. They should look at where people live and place them accordingly. They wouldn't please everyone this way, but some people could still have some home time without getting burnt out. That's probably what's causing people to quit. Sore bodies plus a long distance commute.

13 months ago

Yep. Heard Minto is hell.

pete71 in Brantford, Ontario

13 months ago

Hi, I was just asked to attend the second interview stage. They ask that you bring an updated resume and a list of 3 supervisory references. Is this a must? I haven't had 3 supervisors in my career so how do I accommodate them?

13 months ago

pete71 in Brantford, Ontario said: Hi, I was just asked to attend the second interview stage. They ask that you bring an updated resume and a list of 3 supervisory references. Is this a must? I haven't had 3 supervisors in my career so how do I accommodate them?

Supervisors don't have to be quote " supervisors ". They could be anyone in your work area who you reported to. ? Maybe team leader , lead hand , co worker with responsibility to manage production.
As well if you have one excellent reference and explain that you haven't been in workforce long enough or only had one job for 5 years etc. hope I helped.

newby in Toronto, Ontario

13 months ago

Hey all, what does the job of materials entail at Toyota?

Guelphgirl in Guelph, Ontario

13 months ago

newby in Toronto, Ontario said: Hey all, what does the job of materials entail at Toyota?

You drive around on little tuggers and deliver the parts to the lines

pete71 in Brantford, Ontario

13 months ago

Toyota offers this position as a 12 week contract. Do they let a lot of people go after the initial 12 weeks or do they extend most contracts as long as you mind your Ps and Qs so to speak? Do they just keep extending you in 12 week increments or is it a longer contract once the initial 12 weeks is up?

Do they offer to pay overtime after 40 hours or 44?

13 months ago

pete71 in Brantford, Ontario said: Toyota offers this position as a 12 week contract. Do they let a lot of people go after the initial 12 weeks or do they extend most contracts as long as you mind your Ps and Qs so to speak? Do they just keep extending you in 12 week increments or is it a longer contract once the initial 12 weeks is up?

Do they offer to pay overtime after 40 hours or 44?

Contracts self renew unless you screw up big. Contracts remain at 12 week increments until full time hire.

OT is calculated after 8 hours weekdays and Saturdays.

13 months ago

Again, I thank everyone on the forum for their insights into the hiring process.

Has anyone taken the computer assessment test a few weeks ago? If so, how many have gone to the second phase? Also, if I remember correctly, do you simply receive an email stating that you can take the SIM test? I am still waiting to see if I made it to the second phase and I am a bit worried that I didn't make it which is rather frustrating at this point.

Thank you.

13 months ago

worker in Kitchener, Ontario said: Again, I thank everyone on the forum for their insights into the hiring process.

Has anyone taken the computer assessment test a few weeks ago? If so, how many have gone to the second phase? Also, if I remember correctly, do you simply receive an email stating that you can take the SIM test? I am still waiting to see if I made it to the second phase and I am a bit worried that I didn't make it which is rather frustrating at this point.

Thank you.

If you check your status it should say you will be contacted for next phase may take more than 12 months etc. If that's what it says it looks like you have made it to the next phase, but now you just have to wait. It's probably slower now with summer vacations and such.

13 months ago

Londonguy in London, Ontario said: If you check your status it should say you will be contacted for next phase may take more than 12 months etc. If that's what it says it looks like you have made it to the next phase, but now you just have to wait. It's probably slower now with summer vacations and such.

Thank you. I am assuming I go to: tmmc.selectrakonline.com/recruitment/portal/myjobs.aspx to check my status. If so, it still says "Thank you for taking the assessment."

Does this mean anything at this point?

13 months ago

worker in Kitchener, Ontario said: Thank you. I am assuming I go to: tmmc.selectrakonline.com/recruitment/portal/myjobs.aspx to check my status. If so, it still says "Thank you for taking the assessment."

Does this mean anything at this point?

Go to tmmc.ca, select careers, then production staff, then check my status. You'll put in your birthday and phone number, confirm, check my status and it should give you the info.

13 months ago

Londonguy in London, Ontario said: Go to tmmc.ca, select careers, then production staff, then check my status. You'll put in your birthday and phone number, confirm, check my status and it should give you the info.

Thanks again! I checked and it said:

"You have completed a day of testing for the Contract Production Team Member position. You will be contacted regarding the next steps in the hiring process. Please be patient as we process qualified candidates, and understand that it may take more than 12 months before you are asked to participate in later stages of the selection process."

Please God, I hope it does not take 12 months!

Page:  « First « Previous   167  168  169  170  171  172  173  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.