Toyota Hiring Process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9051 to 9100 of 10177)
Page:  « First « Previous   179  180  181  182  183  184  185  Next »   Last »

keiffer in Kitchener, Ontario

8 months ago

DomesticGoddess in Wallacetown, Ontario said: No news here yet. Does anyone know how TMMC is making out with their parts shortage?

I work at one of the suppliers for toyota they cancelled all parts till next week,and maybe some cancellations for next week ,hopefully they will have parts coming in for next week sometime and get back to full production. I have my interview at toyota this tuesday though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

hardwrker2 in stratford, Ontario

8 months ago

DomesticGoddess in Wallacetown, Ontario said: No news here yet. Does anyone know how TMMC is making out with their parts shortage?

It is pretty bad. It's more of a parts missing and not tracked problem, rather than a supplier problem.
We had computer crashes and 2 days of poor weather.
Parts were coming from the suppliers not being documented.
700 + trailers across the 3 plants sitting.
The decision to keep building cars was made by management.
With our lean parts delivery just in time system , this has made for a logistics nightmare.
Parts were pulled from trailers randomly and not documented , parts put in random places not documented. We are trying to get back on track but more cars we build , the more cars are sitting without parts. Offline cars are week over 1000 at each of 3 plants.
We are over 6000 cars behind in orders at west plant and similar situations at other 2 plants.
If they slow the parts delivery from suppliers this may help us reduce the confusion.
They have cancelled overtime all week in west plant and overtime Saturdays.
Hope this helps you will keep yous posted.
Hang in there on the hiring process people. It's coming , just a setback. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

DomesticGoddess in Wallacetown, Ontario

8 months ago

keiffer in Kitchener, Ontario said: I work at one of the suppliers for toyota they cancelled all parts till next week,and maybe some cancellations for next week ,hopefully they will have parts coming in for next week sometime and get back to full production. I have my interview at toyota this tuesday though.

Thanks for the info and good luck at your interview!

8 months ago

hardwrker2 in stratford, Ontario said: It is pretty bad. It's more of a parts missing and not tracked problem, rather than a supplier problem.
We had computer crashes and 2 days of poor weather.
Parts were coming from the suppliers not being documented.
700 + trailers across the 3 plants sitting.
The decision to keep building cars was made by management.
With our lean parts delivery just in time system , this has made for a logistics nightmare.
Parts were pulled from trailers randomly and not documented , parts put in random places not documented. We are trying to get back on track but more cars we build , the more cars are sitting without parts. Offline cars are week over 1000 at each of 3 plants.
We are over 6000 cars behind in orders at west plant and similar situations at other 2 plants.
If they slow the parts delivery from suppliers this may help us reduce the confusion.
They have cancelled overtime all week in west plant and overtime Saturdays.
Hope this helps you will keep yous posted.
Hang in there on the hiring process people. It's coming , just a setback. Good luck.

That sounds like a colossal mess! I'm guessing there will be over time forever after this just to catch up. Thanks for filling me in. I won't expect a call or anything for a few months.

Jester65 in Kitchener, Ontario

8 months ago

DomesticGoddess in Wallacetown, Ontario said: That sounds like a colossal mess! I'm guessing there will be over time forever after this just to catch up. Thanks for filling me in. I won't expect a call or anything for a few months.

Not necessarily.. I just had my references called this week. I would imagine that they still have to continue with the hiring process because it takes so long to complete. They may have to continue so that they can get new hires through the process/orientation etc so that they can also help in the catching up.

gabby1 in London, Ontario

7 months ago

Sgne222 in Lexington, Kentucky said: Can I still get that pneumatic drawing?

Hi, I'm currently starting the first 2 part of the millwright aptitude and the mechanical part of the hiring process. I would appreciate any information on both the written and the practical part of the test including the pneumatic diagram.

Hope u can help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

7 months ago

gabby1 in London, Ontario said: Hi, I'm currently starting the first 2 part of the millwright aptitude and the mechanical part of the hiring process. I would appreciate any information on both the written and the practical part of the test including the pneumatic diagram.

Hope u can help.

I have no help to offer but wish you good luck!

jgp82 in Welland, Ontario

7 months ago

Fire and Blood in Kitchener, Ontario said: I just LOVE working beside punks who think like you do. I bask in the knowledge that you're getting $14/ hr less than I am for doing the same job and I love putting salt on that wound!

Listen to this retard. This is the type of douche bag worker you will find littered all around TMMC. This company is a joke to work for. You will be a minion of the company they will make you work overtime everyday and work every weekend. Got a life? Have friends? like playing sports on the weekend or going golfing and seeing family? Say goodbye to it all. You will have 0 free time and whatever free time you have your going to want to sleeep from working 6 days a week on 9-10 hour days. GOODLUCK

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

7 months ago

Fire and Blood in Kitchener, Ontario said: I just LOVE working beside punks who think like you do. I bask in the knowledge that you're getting $14/ hr less than I am for doing the same job and I love putting salt on that wound!

This company is not what it used to be. I worked there on a 6 month task n term contract and at the end out of the 12 task n terms I was the ONLY one renewed everyone was dropped off the face of the earth. They had perfect attendance, good work no mistakes and yet no reason for why they weren't called back. I was given a letter in the mail weeks before saying toyota had record breaking numbers. Then when I renewed my contract I was given a 2$ AN HOUR pay DECREASE?! WTF how can you justify that. As an employee you are toyotas puppet and they will do whatever they want with you. This company needs a UNION bad. I quit long ago but GOODLUCK to all those excited to build a car every 54 seconds for the rest of your life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

7 months ago

jgp82 in Welland, Ontario said: This company is not what it used to be. I worked there on a 6 month task n term contract and at the end out of the 12 task n terms I was the ONLY one renewed everyone was dropped off the face of the earth. They had perfect attendance, good work no mistakes and yet no reason for why they weren't called back. I was given a letter in the mail weeks before saying toyota had record breaking numbers. Then when I renewed my contract I was given a 2$ AN HOUR pay DECREASE?! WTF how can you justify that. As an employee you are toyotas puppet and they will do whatever they want with you. This company needs a UNION bad. I quit long ago but GOODLUCK to all those excited to build a car every 54 seconds for the rest of your life.

Please do not think I'm over exaggerating. This is exactly how the company is. Need to goto the bathroom? Better ask early because the TL'S put you in a waiting system and you better be ready to hold it because you won't be going for at least a half hour after you asked. You will be a robot. You will be placed on the same task for at least 4-6 hours a day.

You will get carpal tunnel from shooting 3000+ bolts a day. I witnessed myself 4 people in 6 months on light duties from wrist surgeries. Tons of workers are on modified due to backs being destroyed or shoulders not able to take the load. You will see FAST how FAST you need to be on the line and how saftey IS NOT FIRST. They will try to preach it. Its nonsense they don't give a crap.

ALL they care about is the NUMBER if they dont reach it you are working till you get there. So be prepared to work every weekend for the rest of your life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lauzoj1 in Guelph, Ontario

7 months ago

I had my interview yesterday. My status is now changed to " Please be patient as we process qualified candidates, and understand that it may take more than 12 months before a decision will be made regarding your application".

Is this a good sign or is it still to early too tell?

7 months ago

lauzoj1 in Guelph, Ontario said: I had my interview yesterday. My status is now changed to " Please be patient as we process qualified candidates, and understand that it may take more than 12 months before a decision will be made regarding your application".

Is this a good sign or is it still to early too tell?

That is what my status says and tomorrow will be 2 weeks since my interview and I haven't gotten a "thanks but no thanks" email. I'm pretty sure you're good!

7 months ago

DomesticGoddess in Wallacetown, Ontario said: That is what my status says and tomorrow will be 2 weeks since my interview and I haven't gotten a "thanks but no thanks" email. I'm pretty sure you're good!

Same here... It is hard to say what is going on.. I've been reading that "parts" issues have been slowing them down and they are behind in production...current employees are getting days off etc.. Plus Union talks... and possible Ontario minimum wage increases... I am getting a feeling that it may have been a bad time to start the hiring process. :(

If anyone happens to get hired on anytime soon ,or has any other information please let us know.

fingerscrossed in Brantford, Ontario

7 months ago

Jester65 in Kitchener, Ontario said: Same here... It is hard to say what is going on.. I've been reading that "parts" issues have been slowing them down and they are behind in production...current employees are getting days off etc.. Plus Union talks... and possible Ontario minimum wage increases... I am getting a feeling that it may have been a bad time to start the hiring process. :(

If anyone happens to get hired on anytime soon ,or has any other information please let us know.

My interview was at the end of November and all my references have been called, Patience everyone, If your status says please be patient as we process qualified candidates, etc. etc. Then you are all good and in the hiring pool, just a matter of time.

7 months ago

DomesticGoddess in Wallacetown, Ontario said: That is what my status says and tomorrow will be 2 weeks since my interview and I haven't gotten a "thanks but no thanks" email. I'm pretty sure you're good!

Thank you all. Guess we just need to be patient as the message in the status says!!!!!

zxm0732 in Mississauga, Ontario

7 months ago

I appied for the position of Industrial electrician maintenance. Did anybody in there attend the Work Simulation test? What did they test? Thanks

7 months ago

zxm0732 in Mississauga, Ontario said: I appied for the position of Industrial electrician maintenance. Did anybody in there attend the Work Simulation test? What did they test? Thanks

I just did the regular sim, I applied for production. Not sure if you have to do the same one most of us did. The one i did had 3 stations...a weight wall, where you have to put different weights on pegs according to what a screen tells you, a spot welding station where you have to pull a mock welderer down and put it into slots according to what a screen tells you and a car frame where you have to switch between installing a wire harness and putting in/taking out bolts, again according to what a screen tells you. None of it was really hard mentally but it's physically demanding. The great thing is the buzzer that goes off and the screen flashes red telling you that you've stopped the line. I just worked through it and by the end of the hour or so I was getting everything done in ample time. Just remember to follow the instructions, they're really clear.

I don't know if that helps but good luck!

waiting in London, Ontario

7 months ago

DomesticGoddess in Wallacetown, Ontario said: I just did the regular sim, I applied for production. Not sure if you have to do the same one most of us did. The one i did had 3 stations...a weight wall, where you have to put different weights on pegs according to what a screen tells you, a spot welding station where you have to pull a mock welderer down and put it into slots according to what a screen tells you and a car frame where you have to switch between installing a wire harness and putting in/taking out bolts, again according to what a screen tells you. None of it was really hard mentally but it's physically demanding. The great thing is the buzzer that goes off and the screen flashes red telling you that you've stopped the line. I just worked through it and by the end of the hour or so I was getting everything done in ample time. Just remember to follow the instructions, they're really clear.

I don't know if that helps but good luck!

Did anyone else do the SIM day on monday jan 27th ? My status still says I'm scheduled for a day of testing! Has anyone else's status changed yet or recd an email?

7 months ago

I did my Sim back at the beginning of December. I know it took a couple of days for the status online to change.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

7 months ago

My first reference was called today! I'm sure it'll be a few months until I see a job offer but I'm okay with that.

7 months ago

I got a phone call today from Toyota, I was not home but they left a message for me to call them. This should be the job offer as all of my references were contacted before Christmas. And for all of those wondering, I had my interview on November 27 2013. So it has been 2 months, with the holiday break included in that. Good luck to all.

7 months ago

DomesticGoddess in Wallacetown, Ontario said: My first reference was called today! I'm sure it'll be a few months until I see a job offer but I'm okay with that.

See above, Goddess, your as good as in.

7 months ago

fingerscrossed in Brantford, Ontario said: I got a phone call today from Toyota, I was not home but they left a message for me to call them. This should be the job offer as all of my references were contacted before Christmas. And for all of those wondering, I had my interview on November 27 2013. So it has been 2 months, with the holiday break included in that. Good luck to all.

What time did they call you at? I am just wondering if they call after hours? or can I let me phone go after 5 pm?

7 months ago

Jester65 in Kitchener, Ontario said: What time did they call you at? I am just wondering if they call after hours? or can I let me phone go after 5 pm?

They called at 12:15 and she said she was in the office from 7-3. I would say they will not call after hours.

7 months ago

fingerscrossed in Brantford, Ontario said: I got a phone call today from Toyota, I was not home but they left a message for me to call them. This should be the job offer as all of my references were contacted before Christmas. And for all of those wondering, I had my interview on November 27 2013. So it has been 2 months, with the holiday break included in that. Good luck to all.

That's fantastic! You must be excited. I assume they'll tell you your start date when you talk them, let me know. I'm curious how much notice they give you.

7 months ago

DomesticGoddess in Wallacetown, Ontario said: That's fantastic! You must be excited. I assume they'll tell you your start date when you talk them, let me know. I'm curious how much notice they give you.

I am excited, Thanks Goddess.

I Just got off the phone with them, My start date is February 24 in Woodstock,which is actually where I wanted to be, so that is good also. I have to go in for my medical next Wednesday.

Good luck Goddess, I am sure you are in, I hope they call soon.

7 months ago

fingerscrossed in Brantford, Ontario said: I am excited, Thanks Goddess.

I Just got off the phone with them, My start date is February 24 in Woodstock,which is actually where I wanted to be, so that is good also. I have to go in for my medical next Wednesday.

Thanks, I hope so too. Glad you got in where you wanted to. I'm really hoping for Woodstock too, I'd have drive right past the plant to go to Cambridge. Did the number they were calling from show up on your phone? lol, I don't generally answer calls from "unknown", I wait and listen to the voicemail.

7 months ago

Domino in Ingersoll, Ontario said: Probable be some time still, I had mine the end of October but they are so far behind right now with the lack of parts. Hubby thinks about a month before they are all back up with full parts. They are at a stop and go and building half the vehicles they normally would per shift. They are also being sent home early. In the interview they did day 3 weeks unless something unforeseen happening like when Japan had their typhoon. This won't be so bad.. I will post when I get my call :) you would prolly be about a month behind so depending how many the call could be a few more weeks then me.

Just wondering if you've gotten a call yet.

Cambridge in Cambridge, Ontario

7 months ago

fingerscrossed in Brantford, Ontario said: I am excited, Thanks Goddess.

Just wondering if you were asked about your drivers licence and whether or not you can drive standard. My hubby just got the call as well! For the Cambridge plant though, which is what we were hoping for as we live literally 5 mins away from it.

7 months ago

Cambridge in Cambridge, Ontario said: Just wondering if you were asked about your drivers licence and whether or not you can drive standard. My hubby just got the call as well! For the Cambridge plant though, which is what we were hoping for as we live literally 5 mins away from it.

I was asked if I could drive standard at my interview. Congratulations to your husband!

7 months ago

Cambridge in Cambridge, Ontario said: Just wondering if you were asked about your drivers licence and whether or not you can drive standard. My hubby just got the call as well! For the Cambridge plant though, which is what we were hoping for as we live literally 5 mins away from it.

When did your husband have his interview?

My second reference was called this morning. Guess I'd better get my stuff together! I own my own business that will continue to operate so I have to be ready to hand almost all of my responsibilities off to my second in command. A daunting task...

7 months ago

Can you tell us on which day your husband had his interview?

Congratulations to all who got the call!!

Yes I was also asked if I could drive standard at my interview.

7 months ago

I as well was asking during my interview if I have had my license for more than 10 years, and if I could drive standard.. I said with a smile that I could, however I haven't driven standard in over 10 years.. He smiled and said that it was just like riding a bike. As far as I know, driving standard is only needed in the testing track? or QC I guess? I could be wrong.

7 months ago

Some fork trucks are standard as well

7 months ago

Was anyone asked about the licence/standard during the actual job offer?
Hubby had his interview Nov 15th I believe, references were called approx 2-3 days later. Nothing until now other than the 12 mths plus message online so if you haven't heard a no you're in the hiring pool just waiting on a call :)

waitingincambridge in Toronto, Ontario

7 months ago

still have the 3 month status, but my interview was over 2 weeks ago, does anyone know if this is good or should I still expect the thanks but no thanks Email?

7 months ago

waitingincambridge in Toronto, Ontario said: still have the 3 month status, but my interview was over 2 weeks ago, does anyone know if this is good or should I still expect the thanks but no thanks Email?

I haven't heard of the 3 month status...I would assume if its been more than 2 weeks you're good though. Did you apply for production at Toyota? Just wondering if it was something else like Boshuko...I know they do things differently.

7 months ago

Cambridge in Cambridge, Ontario said: Was anyone asked about the licence/standard during the actual job offer?
Hubby had his interview Nov 15th I believe, references were called approx 2-3 days later. Nothing until now other than the 12 mths plus message online so if you haven't heard a no you're in the hiring pool just waiting on a call :)

Thanks!

7 months ago

We were told if you haven't had a NO in 2-3 weeks tops you are in :) they are quick at weeding out the NO's but not so quick to place people in the hiring pool. Seems they do it in spurts but I'm not sure how many people are hired each time. People interviewed mid-end of Nov are being called for offers now it seems. Good luck everyone :)

7 months ago

DomesticGoddess in Wallacetown, Ontario said: I haven't heard of the 3 month status...I would assume if its been more than 2 weeks you're good though. Did you apply for production at Toyota? Just wondering if it was something else like Boshuko...I know they do things differently.

I applied at Toyota just like you Domestic Goddess, my interview was 2weeks ago weds. my status says .you have completed the application process for production team member.Please note it may take several months to make a decision on your application

7 months ago

waitingincambridge in Toronto, Ontario said: I applied at Toyota just like you Domestic Goddess, my interview was 2weeks ago weds. my status says .you have completed the application process for production team member.Please note it may take several months to make a decision on your application

Oh okay! That was the same day as me :-) My status says more than 12 months. They just called my references so hang tight! There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when they check them or call with a job offer. My fingers are crossed for you. The guy that interviewed me (HR guy) said they let you know pretty quickly if it's a "no".

7 months ago

DomesticGoddess in Wallacetown, Ontario said: Oh okay! That was the same day as me :-) My status says more than 12 months. They just called my references so hang tight! There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when they check them or call with a job offer. My fingers are crossed for you. The guy that interviewed me (HR guy) said they let you know pretty quickly if it's a "no".

K Thanks and good luck to you too!!

7 months ago

DomesticGoddess in Wallacetown, Ontario said: Thanks, I hope so too. Glad you got in where you wanted to. I'm really hoping for Woodstock too, I'd have drive right past the plant to go to Cambridge. Did the number they were calling from show up on your phone? lol, I don't generally answer calls from "unknown", I wait and listen to the voicemail.

The number came up as a Cambridge phone number but didn't say Toyota but it is their main number.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

7 months ago

Does anyone know what they do for the medical?
Is it mobility and strength tests?
Is it Medical history questions?
Is there any other tests they do?
I am not worried about any of them, I am just curious to know what to expect when I go in on Wednesday.
Thanks

7 months ago

fingerscrossed in Brantford, Ontario said: The number came up as a Cambridge phone number but didn't say Toyota but it is their main number.

Good to know, thanks!

MERCYFUL FATE in London, Ontario

7 months ago

fingerscrossed in Brantford, Ontario said: Does anyone know what they do for the medical?
I am not worried about any of them, I am just curious to know what to expect when I go in on Wednesday.
Thanks

A guy wearing a white hat walks in and puts on his rubber glove and gets you to bend over, slips to fingers up your arse and asks if you can do this for ten years..he leaves, then the real doctor comes in.
LMAO

MERCYFUL FATE in London, Ontario

7 months ago

fingerscrossed in Brantford, Ontario said: Does anyone know what they do for the medical?
Thanks

A guy wearing a white hat walks in and puts on his rubber glove and gets you to bend over, slips two fingers up your arse and asks if you can do this for ten years..he leaves, then the real doctor comes in.
LMAO

7 months ago

Does anyone know how many people they are planning to hire in the short term?

7 months ago

DomesticGoddess in Wallacetown, Ontario said: Does anyone know how many people they are planning to hire in the short term?

400 over the year, I heard.

7 months ago

They are always hiring from the pool of workers that are in the hiring stages.
Huge turnover of employees. Quitting , fired , etc
Constant trickle of people in and out.

Page:  « First « Previous   179  180  181  182  183  184  185  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.