Toyota Hiring Process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 10295)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

k b84 in Windsor, Ontario

62 months ago

CL or ANYONE

I just got called to have my final interview at Cambridge. Can anyone tell me what they ask and what they look for in the interview. I am very nervous because I really want this job. I mad all the way to the last step . PLEASE can someone help me with the final interview process

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

kat_alex in Toronto, Ontario

62 months ago

I applied in 2006, did my first assessment shortly after that, just did my work simulation assessment last month and have my final interview tomorrow. I am very excited!

Good luck to everyone!

K.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kpt in Kitchener, Ontario

62 months ago

You have made it almost 100 %. just be relaxed and POSITIVE about your old work places and your old superiors. they just see how is your attitude and ethics,like be prepared to say i am willing to do overtime whenever it is available as i am establishing myself. example bought a house recently. try Also mentioning that you had done lots of overtime and were very flexible regarding work hours.
This is the number ONE thing they expect(in my opinion)
Be calm and also mention that it is a dream to work for a employer like toyota and you are willing to work hard and grow .
Never mention anything about your academic ambitions in your life(if any like -want to do engineering or design).candidates have been filtered for academic goals also
the concept in their mind is you come to work as a team member building cars and they want you to remain like that for ever building cars even though growth potential is existent but very limited
Be calm and polite and not too excited, it is just another day of office for them and a big day for you.they are not really bad interviewers. they just follow their protocol.

i went thru all these steps and currently a contract team member.
eventhough i dont love toyota job as i dreamed on the day of interview, i am very much happy with the money i get(25.20 per hour started and increases to 26.88 and to 28.50 and to 30.50 ) the fulltime employee (permanent)makes 33.50.
another positive thing about toyota is job security .even during the recession time last year we were still working and making money.
for the negative things there are also . you will find it out after you join here.all the best and good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lightsout4u in London, Ontario

62 months ago

k b84 !! congrats! on the interview!

When I had my interview it was with 2 people at once and the questions were as follows. They will make small talk about the drive in..the weather etc then head into the questions.. What is a team player situation that you encountered in the workplace?... What is an example of how you helped correct a problem in the workplace which led to a better situation?.( I thought of a previous position I had on an assembly line)...Ever been in a leadership position? Do you have a reliable car? How far do you drive ? ever work shift work? Think you can?
Sorry thats all I can remember.
I am on my second contract at Toyota now. It is monotonous and not easy work by any means. We rotate in our jobs so you see fresh faces and new duties ever 2 hours which helps. As far as negative things go give me one workplace that doesnt have a negetive thing about it. Its relative to where youve come from. If youve worked some crappy low paying jobs , dirty and cold or so hot youre sweating buckets you wont find that here. They will work the crap out of you with repetitve motions type work but you will be richly rewarded.
the training is top notch i found .I had an excellent trainer .I wasnt left alone on my job until I could demonstrate my ability very well to keep up and do the job properly with no defects.
best wishes and good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

few questions i remember is
give an example of a problem with your coworker and how do u deal it

issues with your supervisor if any?
issues with your subordinates?

again good luck to you all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

ad

62 months ago

I was offered $23 only ,I am already making $20 in toronto for job at cambridge I have to relocate0 with my three kids. Can anyone tell me is it worth itm

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

ad said: I was offered $23 only ,I am already making $20 in toronto for job at cambridge I have to relocate0 with my three kids. Can anyone tell me is it worth itm

I signed a contract for 25.20 back in October of this year for (contract team member position). Was that what you were offered or was it something different? Within 2 years I will be at 30 plus an hour. Have you done repetitive factory assembly line work before? Dont quit a job you like..to go for something you might hate.! I tell you do some homework before you quit your present job..Just my 2 cents.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ad

62 months ago

Yes lights out that is the same position,and I have done lot of repitive assembly work before,only thing I was worried how the money increase,when they hire permanent,is there any benefits when you are on contract
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

OutragedFool in Princeton, Ontario

62 months ago

I was just offered a job for the Cambridge plant yesterday starting at $23/hour starting jan 4th. I turned it down. Few reasons 1. I am making $25/hour right now at a job I've been at for 10 years. 2. I'm not a person that likes to drive far to get to work.
I applied for the job with hopes of getting into the Woodstock plant. They don't give you the option, but they let you give your preference when you go to the interview. The reason why I didn't take the cambridge job is because I live 5 to 10 min away from the woodstock plant opposed to 40 min away from the cambridge plant. My current work is about 10 min from home aswell.

They seemed to have lowered thier starting rate from 25.20/hr to 23.00/hr. since last year. This is not a concern for me cuz as each contract the wage goes up.

So I explained my concerns and that I am aware that they will be hiring in woodstock after they are finished filling spots in cambridge for the workers who will be going to help the 2nd shift at woodstock get up and going. She said she'd put me back into the hiring pool and call me when they have something available later in woodstock. I said thats great, I don't mind waiting(been doing so for 3 years...lol). So we'll see what happens, I'm not sure wether or not I screwed my chances, but apparently according to her that I'm still very much a candidate for hiring. Not every offer is good for everyone, and that one was not good for me.
Now obviously if I made less or was with my current employer for less time my decision probably would have been different and I woulda sucked up the commute and taken the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

OutRaged Fool...do you mind me asking when your interview was?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pat Pins in London, Ontario

62 months ago

Nice to Find this forum , I Did my simulation test at 1030 November 24 , I enjoyed it very much even thou things where sore next morning , anyone know what i could expect from here .

Peace

62 months ago

Pat Pins...I had my job simulation test on Nov 3 and I just had my interview last week. Seems like everyone is at different stages of the process. Hang in there! :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

bt81 in Niagara, Ontario said: Anybody currently going through the process..

Applied: 10/2006
Initial Test: 06/2007
Work Simulation: 11/2009

Wonder if it will be another few years. :P

Hey I was on Nov 24 2009 , when did u go

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Captive Rapture in woodstock, Ontario

62 months ago

The breakdown of my process:
Applied October 2006
Computer Tests February 2007
Day of Work Simulation February 2008
2 on 1 interview February 2009
References being checked now.
We shall see...
Thanks to all on this forum who have helped me with some questions I have had.

OutragedFool in Princeton, Ontario

62 months ago

The breakdown of my process:
Applied October 2006
Computer Tests April 2007
Day of Work Simulation February 2008
2 on 1 interview December 1 2009
References checked dec 4 2009.
Job offer december 7 2009.
I had my job offer less then a week from my interview. Although I want to work in woodstock so I turned it down to allow other people that wanna work right now in cambridge to have it.

They are moving things superfast right now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

toyotahopeful in Guelph, Ontario

62 months ago

Congratulations on everyone's progress and thanks to everyone for answering most of my questions. my 5 hour simulation is in 2 weeks and i was looking for a little more information about it. i realize it will be a little gruelling and i will use the advice everyone has said so far. my question is what should i where? lol maybe i'm just nervous. the email said what not to where but i don't want to dress too down or too good. Is it jeans and t-shirts? i was planning on wearing new jeans and a long sleeve shirt. should i where dress pants and a dress shirt?
ALso, if there is anything else you may be able to help me with in regards to the testing and interview it will be so appreciated. i check this forum everyday since finding it a few weeks ago, just finally registered.

62 months ago

ad said: Yes lights out that is the same position,and I have done lot of repitive assembly work before,only thing I was worried how the money increase,when they hire permanent,is there any benefits when you are on contract
Thanks

Hey In 2 years you will be at 30.50..Right now there are contracts that have been contracts for 2 years and not yet hired permanent..once you are hired permanent you will make much more. As a contract, after your first 3 months you receive excellent benefits except for dental...even life insurance.

later.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

mattwin20 in Hamilton, Ontario

62 months ago

toyotahopeful

Its definetly not as grueling as some people make it out to be, i did mine last wednesday and i found it to be very doable and not hard whatsoever. If you are in normal shape you will be fine. there are 3 stations. 1 station you will be required to lift weights in the correct form and put them in the right spot according to a computer , just remember to use correct lift techniques and you'll be fine. the 2nd station is the welding gun and its easy, just remember to stay in correct form , dont try and rush, just keep a steady pace and put the tool into the correct holes, if you just pay attention to what you are doing, you will be fine. and the final station is using bolts and an air gun and attaching wire to the correct locations. once again pretty straight forward, just pay attention to the computer screen so you know the correct assignments. you will be putting bolts in and out of the car in 4 different areas. the connecting of the wires is easy aswell, just make sure you remember if it says A:white or A:black... believe me this will all make more sense once you are there. I wore jeans, work boots and a long sleeve shirt and just about every1 else was dressed similar. Just be confident in yourself, each activity is about an hour and 15 mins in duration but will go by fast. good luck my friend, im sure you'll do fine.

-Another toyota hopeful haha

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Okay Now this is getting interesting , Did My simulation on November 24 at 1030 Now I just Got a call for an interview on December 16 , next week ,,,Seems like they r picking things up , what should I expect , I heard it is a certain type of format they follow in the interview ...any who has been threw this your comments would b appreciated ,, Peace

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Pat Pins that is good news congrats on getting this far. I did my simulation on december 2nd so im hoping i will be following your path.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

hey guys, just seen on the news about the new shift at the woodstock plant starting in March, said could be up too 800 new employees, good luck to every1.

62 months ago

kat_alex in Toronto, Ontario said: Pat Pins...I had my job simulation test on Nov 3 and I just had my interview last week. Seems like everyone is at different stages of the process. Hang in there! :)

how r things going , how was the interview , looks like we are having similiar time frames ,Hope to hear from u ..Peace

62 months ago

mattwin20 in Hamilton, Ontario said: Pat Pins that is good news congrats on getting this far. I did my simulation on december 2nd so im hoping i will be following your path.

Good Luck Matt , looks like it was 2 weeks after they call me , so u should hear soon , Peace

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

k b84 in Windsor, Ontario said: CL or ANYONE

I just got called to have my final interview at Cambridge. Can anyone tell me what they ask and what they look for in the interview. I am very nervous because I really want this job. I mad all the way to the last step . PLEASE can someone help me with the final interview process

Have u been to the interview yet , Google Toyota interview process and it will help I have my interview on dec 16 th .

62 months ago

Pat Pins in London, Ontario said: how r things going , how was the interview , looks like we are having similiar time frames ,Hope to hear from u ..Peace

I don't think I did well at my interview. There were so many things I could have said differently. ugh.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

kat_alex in Toronto, Ontario said: I don't think I did well at my interview. There were so many things I could have said differently. ugh.

You might be to critical of yourself , I hope u hear positive news , What kinda questions did they fire at you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Pat Pins in London, Ontario said: You might be to critical of yourself , I hope u hear positive news , What kinda questions did they fire at you

Maybe re critical...i think it's just how they said I probably wouldn't hear anything until the new year and people are getting offers now. The questions were real situations I may have found myself in and how I dealt with it and the outcome.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

kat_alex in Toronto, Ontario said: Maybe re critical...i think it's just how they said I probably wouldn't hear anything until the new year and people are getting offers now. The questions were real situations I may have found myself in and how I dealt with it and the outcome.

well think about it , next friday is the 19th then they r probably off till new years ,, Toyota made annocment today confirming 2cd line for Woodstock , Good luck 2 u , I will let u know how mine goes next week .. Peace

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ad in Mississauga, Ontario

62 months ago

dont worry guys they are throwing offers like anything,two of my friends got offer last week

62 months ago

Pat Pins in London, Ontario said: well think about it , next friday is the 19th then they r probably off till new years ,, Toyota made annocment today confirming 2cd line for Woodstock , Good luck 2 u , I will let u know how mine goes next week .. Peace

Thank you and good luck to you too!!!

62 months ago

ad in Mississauga, Ontario said: dont worry guys they are throwing offers like anything,two of my friends got offer last week

Thanks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

k b84 in Ontario

62 months ago

hello, My brother just got called to come in for a job offer so he passed the interview and ref part now they told him he has to do a medical. can anyone tell me if the medical will affect you in anyway for being hired and also does the medical include a drug test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

k b84 in Ontario said: hello, My brother just got called to come in for a job offer so he passed the interview and ref part now they told him he has to do a medical. can anyone tell me if the medical will affect you in anyway for being hired and also does the medical include a drug test.

bestwishes on getting hired. do not worry abt medical. it is a mere formality. no drug test .welcome and enjoy your holidays before the routine starts :-p

62 months ago

march 22 the second shift starts in woodstock. lots of hiring (800) to be done before that jan and feb should be crazy busy for hiring. seems like candidates applying even now have a real chance of making before march 22.good luck to everybody.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

got the call to come in for my final interview on dec.21st, anyone have any useful tips or info for me that would help? thanks

toyotahopeful in Guelph, Ontario

62 months ago

congratulations mattwin20, only 9 days after your simulation! after reading all posts i know that its a behavior based interview. i found a site with tips for them. you need to take time and memorize situations they will ask you before your interview...

jobsearchtech.about.com/od/gettingthejob/a/Interviewing.htm

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

k b84 in Ontario

62 months ago

HEY i got a call to come and sign the contract I start first week of Feb, Thank you all for the help. and best of luck to all thsoe in the process it was a long process for me but at the end I GOT A JOB

i was wondering if anyone can tell me good places to live around Cambridge, Im looking for apartment also I want to live somewhere with a good nightlife as I am only 24 and single I want to make the most out of move. I am new to this area so I have no clue about anything I just want to live somewhere where I can have some fun at night on the weekends.

TRE_ in Niagara, Ontario

62 months ago

Got the call. Have my interview coming up. Can't wait to get the ball rolling. Did you guys dress business pro? or casual? Thanks.

Applied: 10/2006
Initial Test: 06/2007
Work Simulation: 11/2009
Interview: This week.

JP Belanger in Windsor, Ontario

62 months ago

Hi Everyone

I have two questions to ask. I applied with Toyota last Thursday after it was announced that they were hiring 800 people in Woodstock. My first Question is do they consider someone like me who has no auto industry experience but has workered in manufacturing? The reason why I ask is I heard that Toyota only considers people who have workered for the big three or who have worked at a supplier plant in the auto industry.My second question is would they consider soemone who has non-automotive experience from Windsor?

Thanks

62 months ago

JP, dont worry about prior experience, i myself was just contacted to come for my final inty and i am fairly young in age with minimal experience in the workforce. good luck buddy.

Chriis in London, Ontario

62 months ago

I got a call from TMMC Thursday for my 2on1 interview I'm assuming, after completing my work simulation November 6 but was working and missed the call. No one left a voice mail and no way to contact anyone from TMMC.
I'm wondering if they will try and contact me again and how long I should expect to wait to receive another call

Thanks all.

k b84 in Ontario

62 months ago

i was wondering if anyone can tell me good places to live around Cambridge, Im looking for apartment also I want to live somewhere with a good nightlife as I am only 24 and single I want to make the most out of move. I am new to this area so I have no clue about anything I just want to live somewhere where I can have some fun at night on the weekends. I start feb

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

To anyone out there

How long does it take for Toyota to contact you after you apply? Has anyone heard about more Toyota Corella production moving to Canada after the Nummi plant in California closes? Would it mean more jobs?

Thanks

62 months ago

To k b84

Congrautlations on the job. Did you used to live in Windsor?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

JP Belanger in Windsor, Ontario said: To anyone out there

How long does it take for Toyota to contact you after you apply? Has anyone heard about more Toyota Corella production moving to Canada after the Nummi plant in California closes? Would it mean more jobs?

Thanks

Hey JP,,,I have heard that the corolla would go to Cambridge facility but even they where wonderring how it could be done ,Have u completed the interview , what questions did they ask You , MIne is on wednesday ,

62 months ago

No I haven't had an interview yet. I just applied last Thursday.

62 months ago

My last replay was in response to Pat From London

62 months ago

JP Belanger in Windsor, Ontario said: My last replay was in response to Pat From London

Well I did the Computor test in 2006 ,Things just started happening 40 days ago out of the blue .

62 months ago

Pat Pins in London, Ontario said: Well I did the Computor test in 2006 ,Things just started happening 40 days ago out of the blue .

Hi Pat

Wow so I got a long wait then.What was the computer test like? easy? hard? what kind of Questions were on it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rooz11 in London, Ontario

62 months ago

What did everyone wear to the 2 on 1 interview....I have mine tomorrow and want to know what is proper...I don't want to over do it either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.