Toyota Hiring Process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 10055)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

rooz11 in London, Ontario

55 months ago

What did everyone wear to the 2 on 1 interview....I have mine tomorrow and want to know what is proper...I don't want to over do it either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Pat Pins in London, Ontario

55 months ago

rooz11 in London, Ontario said: What did everyone wear to the 2 on 1 interview....I have mine tomorrow and want to know what is proper...I don't want to over do it either.

Google behavioral type interview , things like , what is your greatest weekness/ asset .. and let me know I have mine on Wednesday , You will do Great i,m sure , Just b yourself , But practissing will help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JP Belanger in Windsor, Ontario

55 months ago

OutragedFool in Princeton, Ontario said: Anyone know whether or not they are starting to hire for the woodstock plant or whether they are still sending people to cambridge.

I thought they needed 800 people for Woodstock.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

OutragedFool in Princeton, Ontario

55 months ago

They do. but they are filling spots in cambridge to move senior people who want to go to woodstock. I was offered a job in cambridge but told them I'd wait until something in woodstock was available because I live minutes from the woodstock plant opposed to 40 min from cambridge. I was just wondering whether any of you that have got a job offer has had one for the woodstock plant yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

bt81 in Niagara, Ontario

55 months ago

Did you lot dress business pro? Casual? for the interview?

- Cheers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

bt81 in Niagara, Ontario said: Did you lot dress business pro? Casual? for the interview?

- Cheers.

I just wore a nice dressy sweater and a pair of khakis. Nothing too dressy, but I didn't wanna look like a slob either. Its for a factory job so they won't expect a suit. but I'm sure they are not going to frown upon it anyway. They have hundreds of people going through the process, they probably see everything from expensive dress cloths to pyjamas...lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chriis in London, Ontario

55 months ago

rooz11

How was the interview? what kind of questions did they ask, how long was it?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

gjfgkwofh in London, Ontario

55 months ago

Hello and goodluck to everyone. K i had my interview the other day and am wondering they called 2 of my references but not the third.. is this standard? does anyone else know how many of there references they called?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

TRE_ in Niagara, Ontario

55 months ago

Hey guys,

I know people have mentioned that the interview is behaviorial based interview questions. Can those who have already been interviewed remember 3 or 4 key questions they asked? Thanks for your help.

55 months ago

gjfgkwofh in London, Ontario said: Hello and goodluck to everyone. K i had my interview the other day and am wondering they called 2 of my references but not the third.. is this standard? does anyone else know how many of there references they called?

plz tell us how the interview goes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

OutragedFool in Princeton, Ontario said: I just wore a nice dressy sweater and a pair of khakis. Nothing too dressy, but I didn't wanna look like a slob either. Its for a factory job so they won't expect a suit. but I'm sure they are not going to frown upon it anyway. They have hundreds of people going through the process, they probably see everything from expensive dress cloths to pyjamas...lol

can u tell us how the interview goes. Start. Questions and ending. Help a brother.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

k b84 in Ontario

55 months ago

can anyone tell me a goodplave to live near cambridge

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

kickrz in Woodstock, Ontario said: My husband applied last year I think but nothing ever came of it. When he heard they were hiring again he reapplied online. He did that a few days ago and yesterday got a call from a lady from Toyota Boshoku. She asked him a bunch of questions and said that from there his resume was being sent to customer relations or something like that.

This does not sound like anything I have read on here. Does anyone know what this means for him? Is this a first step? Is this a totally different part of toyota or what? Any information you can offer is appreciated.

Thanks!

Sounds like he applied to toyota boshoku somehow which makes seats and other parts for the cars at the plant. not a bad place to get in either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Interview went really well....I think anyways. The interview is 1 hour of situational type questions....things like "what was your favourite type of work", "what work did you not like", "name a time you went above and beyond to help a fellow employee", name a time you went above and beyond to help out the company", Describe a time you got in trouble for doing something wrong. There are a lot more but you can get the idea. I actually googled situational type question and found samples and went over them the night before to think if I could relate to any of the questions...It helped refresh my memory. I will keep everyone posted when and if the check my references and when and if I get a job offer. Good luck on your interview

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Pat Pins in London, Ontario said: can u tell us how the interview goes. Start. Questions and ending. Help a brother.

Can't remember all the questions. but a few go like this.
Has there ever been a instance where you did not agree with your supervisor?
You need to come up with an accual event that happened. They want to know what happened, what you did about it, and what the outcome was. P.S. This question is a toughy, you don't wanna tell them that you just didn't do what your supervisor said or something along that line. Just say something like you voiced your opinion or something.

Another question went like this.
Have you ever had to make a decision without asking you supervisor first?
Same thing. You need to tell them about an accual event that happened, what happened, what you did about it, and what the outcome was.

Can't remember them all, they'll ask you about 10 of these types of questions and I don't think everyone gets the same ones. Depends on your background, previous employment etc. If you've never worked anywhere before then these questions would not apply so there has to be other questions.

rosie2214 in Brantford, Ontario

55 months ago

Morning,
My husband is going on Monday for step one, the computer testing at Conestoga College. Can anyone give me an indication of what he may expect? It says it will take up to three hours. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

gjfgkwofh in London, Ontario

55 months ago

rooz11 in London, Ontario said: Interview went really well....I think anyways. The interview is 1 hour of situational type questions....things like "what was your favourite type of work", "what work did you not like", "name a time you went above and beyond to help a fellow employee", name a time you went above and beyond to help out the company", Describe a time you got in trouble for doing something wrong. There are a lot more but you can get the idea. I actually googled situational type question and found samples and went over them the night before to think if I could relate to any of the questions...It helped refresh my memory. I will keep everyone posted when and if the check my references and when and if I get a job offer. Good luck on your interview

they checked mine the same day.. but only 2 of them... a little concerned but my friends and family are saying most company's only check 2 anyway... please let me know... thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

kickrz in Woodstock, Ontario

55 months ago

OutragedFool in Princeton, Ontario said: Sounds like he applied to toyota boshoku somehow which makes seats and other parts for the cars at the plant. not a bad place to get in either.

Does anyone know about the process at Toyota Boshoku then? I have no idea how he applied but he talked to a lady from there and she asked many questions...LOL.

Weldnut in Woodstock, Ontario

55 months ago

Hello to everyone. I have been reading some of the posts and want to offer as much help as I can. My history is I was hired in the spring of 07 and I currently work in North Weld in Cambridge. I will comment on one post for now: OutragedFool, if Toyota did offer you a job in Cambridge and you turned it down waiting for one in Woodstock, then I am sorry to say you have likely been put down to the bottom of the list and may not get a call back. The reason why I say that is this reason: TMMC looks at all 3 plants as one entity (North & South in Cambridge and West in Woodstock). People are transferred between the plants on a regular basis as needs arise. I personally know people that were transferred to Woodstock last spring and are now back in Cambridge. Team Members cannot specify where they would like to work and in what area (you can request a transfer once you get fulltime, but it's up to HR when you may go). Sorry to be the bearer of bad news OutragedFool. If anyone has questions please feel free to post them and I will try to answer them as best I can. Good luck in the hiring process everyone!

WKF in Strathroy, Ontario

55 months ago

Hey everyone, can anyone tell me if they were called to start the process after answering "yes they have a past criminal record without a pardon"?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Weldnut in Woodstock, Ontario said: Hello to everyone. I have been reading some of the posts and want to offer as much help as I can. My history is I was hired in the spring of 07 and I currently work in North Weld in Cambridge. I will comment on one post for now: OutragedFool, if Toyota did offer you a job in Cambridge and you turned it down waiting for one in Woodstock, then I am sorry to say you have likely been put down to the bottom of the list and may not get a call back. The reason why I say that is this reason: TMMC looks at all 3 plants as one entity (North & South in Cambridge and West in Woodstock). People are transferred between the plants on a regular basis as needs arise. I personally know people that were transferred to Woodstock last spring and are now back in Cambridge. Team Members cannot specify where they would like to work and in what area (you can request a transfer once you get fulltime, but it's up to HR when you may go). Sorry to be the bearer of bad news OutragedFool. If anyone has questions please feel free to post them and I will try to answer them as best I can. Good luck in the hiring process everyone!

Thats ok if that is so. I have a fairly good job now with 10 years senority at comparable wages. I'd rather stay where I am then travel 40 min to work everyday. Reason I wanted woodstock is because its roughly the same distance from home that my work is now and eventually I'd be making more then I make now. So we'll see how it pans out.

toyotahopeful in Guelph, Ontario

55 months ago

Weldnut in Woodstock, Ontario said: Hello to everyone. I have been reading some of the posts and want to offer as much help as I can. My history is I was hired in the spring of 07 and I currently work in North Weld in Cambridge. I will comment on one post for now: OutragedFool, if Toyota did offer you a job in Cambridge and you turned it down waiting for one in Woodstock, then I am sorry to say you have likely been put down to the bottom of the list and may not get a call back. The reason why I say that is this reason: TMMC looks at all 3 plants as one entity (North & South in Cambridge and West in Woodstock). People are transferred between the plants on a regular basis as needs arise. I personally know people that were transferred to Woodstock last spring and are now back in Cambridge. Team Members cannot specify where they would like to work and in what area (you can request a transfer once you get fulltime, but it's up to HR when you may go). Sorry to be the bearer of bad news OutragedFool. If anyone has questions please feel free to post them and I will try to answer them as best I can. Good luck in the hiring process everyone!

Weldnut, thanks for taking time out. Are you a welder by trade or do you think you excelled in that area of the production simulation so they placed you in North Weld? It was good advice to tell people they can't pick where they work. I think i pretty much knew that anyways but it will help some people out. I have my simulation on Tuesday and i am confident i will have an interview after. Is there any advice you can think of for the simulation. What is the fake situation that you work with people that you must show team work? Also any interview tips would be awesome. Thanks again Weldnut.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

k b84 in Ontario

55 months ago

Hey cAn anyone tell me What they ask for in the medical and does the medical have anything with u getting hired. I never had medical but it sounds scary I don't like anything with needles involved lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

TRE_ in Niagara, Ontario

55 months ago

How long are they taking to do ref checks these days?

55 months ago

well did my interview today and the best way to practise is on youtube , Type behaviorl type interview , good thing to remember is make sure all your situations have positive end results . I will keep posted on future happenings . Peace

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

bt81 in Niagara, Ontario

55 months ago

kat_alex did you end up getting an offer?

55 months ago

OutragedFool in Princeton, Ontario said: Thats ok if that is so. I have a fairly good job now with 10 years senority at comparable wages. I'd rather stay where I am then travel 40 min to work everyday. Reason I wanted woodstock is because its roughly the same distance from home that my work is now and eventually I'd be making more then I make now. So we'll see how it pans out.

Sounds good. Unfortunately, it will take a long time to get that seniority & wages you've earned back at Toyota. Not to mention holidays, benefits, etc.

55 months ago

toyotahopeful in Guelph, Ontario said: Weldnut, thanks for taking time out. Are you a welder by trade or do you think you excelled in that area of the production simulation so they placed you in North Weld? It was good advice to tell people they can't pick where they work. I think i pretty much knew that anyways but it will help some people out. I have my simulation on Tuesday and i am confident i will have an interview after. Is there any advice you can think of for the simulation. What is the fake situation that you work with people that you must show team work? Also any interview tips would be awesome. Thanks again Weldnut.

No, I am not a welder. The line I am working on is my third area that I have been in since I started with the company, and none of the previous areas were in weld shop. I have no idea why I was placed where I was. I know some people that started with me went from line work in assembly and are now in paint QC. As far as advice for the simulation, don't go fast and be sloppy. Make sure you are accurate in what you do. The speed will come later as the simulation goes on. That is how I was trained when I actually started working. You learn the how to do the process correctly, then the more you do it the quicker you get and the fewer defects you produce. Remember you are going to be doing each part of the simulation for 110 mins, which is what we work in the plant. The team work situation is you and some others do a timed assembly of some toy cars, with various problems thrown in. I believe what they look for here are people that work well with others, and are not necessarily bossy or try to control everything (looking for "team players"). As far as the interview goes, there are some ideas on what they ask on some previous posts, and all I can say is be honest and don't try to b.s. the interviewers. I hope this helps, and good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

k b84 in Ontario said: Hey cAn anyone tell me What they ask for in the medical and does the medical have anything with u getting hired. I never had medical but it sounds scary I don't like anything with needles involved lol

When I did my medical it was a hearing test and vision test and a boatload of medical history questions. No needles.

55 months ago

TRE_ in Niagara, Ontario said: How long are they taking to do ref checks these days?

They usually check references within a day or two of your personal interview.

55 months ago

rosie2214 in Brantford, Ontario said: Morning,
My husband is going on Monday for step one, the computer testing at Conestoga College. Can anyone give me an indication of what he may expect? It says it will take up to three hours. Thanks

I can tell you what I did 3 years ago...the computer test involved ABCD type questions, some speed simulations, but other than that nothing too serious. Some questions are repeated so make sure your husband answers truthfully. It took me almost 2 hours to do mine, but you are not timed how long it takes to do the whole thing. I don't know if it's the same thing today, so perhaps someone else can comment on what goes on now if it's anything different.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

When I did my simulation November 6, we didn't have a team work situation.
Only had the three stations. Take your time read everything over CAREFULLY and don't be sloppy!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

Chriis in London, Ontario said: When I did my simulation November 6, we didn't have a team work situation.
Only had the three stations. Take your time read everything over CAREFULLY and don't be sloppy!!

Hey Chris where abouts are u in the process , did u do interview yet , ref , job offer , i was surprised offer is only in 3 month intervals

55 months ago

Weldnut in Woodstock, Ontario said: I can tell you what I did 3 years ago...the computer test involved ABCD type questions, some speed simulations, but other than that nothing too serious. Some questions are repeated so make sure your husband answers truthfully. It took me almost 2 hours to do mine, but you are not timed how long it takes to do the whole thing. I don't know if it's the same thing today, so perhaps someone else can comment on what goes on now if it's anything different.

I did mine over two years ago and I am having difficulty remembering it clearly. I remember I finished it way before the time limit. there was no typing that i remember, just mouse work. lots of multiple choice, and some videogame type things. You had to keep an eye on spinning meters going different speeds, and adjust settings so they wouldn't go into the red zone on the dial.. or something like that! not as hard as it sounds. there was a problem solving section dealing with a coffee mug factory and you had to figure out how long it takes for a mug to go through all the stages of production (don't forget assembly line times!) and a couple of questions about potential quality problems or something.. again easier than i can make it sound.. one i had to count how many straws or something were on a screen lol.. i'm sorry i don't have a vivid memory of most of the test but i was happy to find it easier than i was so worried about! tell your husband not to worry, he'll do fine

55 months ago

interview this Saturday 830am. I missed the first call for my interview they called back a week or so later

bt81 in Niagara, Ontario

55 months ago

So so far the last offer handed out was last week?

Hewy 04 in London, Ontario

55 months ago

rooz11 in London, Ontario said: Interview went really well....I think anyways. The interview is 1 hour of situational type questions....things like "what was your favourite type of work", "what work did you not like", "name a time you went above and beyond to help a fellow employee", name a time you went above and beyond to help out the company", Describe a time you got in trouble for doing something wrong. There are a lot more but you can get the idea. I actually googled situational type question and found samples and went over them the night before to think if I could relate to any of the questions...It helped refresh my memory. I will keep everyone posted when and if the check my references and when and if I get a job offer. Good luck on your interview

Hi I also have to do the computer testing on monday is there any math type questions on the computer testing that I should be refreshing my memory. It's been so long since I've done any type of Testing LOL.

55 months ago

k b84 in Ontario said: Hey I just hired THank you all, I start first week Feb in assembly, and my friend got hired for Weld. Can anyone give me information on the 2 areas and how the work is there.

k b84...when was your 2 on 1 interview....i had mine on the 15th and i don't believe any of my references have been checked. I am just getting nervous

kat_alex in Toronto, Ontario

55 months ago

rooz11 in London, Ontario said: k b84...when was your 2 on 1 interview....i had mine on the 15th and i don't believe any of my references have been checked. I am just getting nervous

Congrats kb84!

Rooz11 - I am in the same position as you. Had my interview on Dec 3 and I don't think any of my references have been checked. It's very discouraging.

TRE_ in Niagara, Ontario

55 months ago

rooz_11

From what I've seen here the last offer which was handed out for Team Member interviews was last week. Probably many reasons for not checking refs yet. Maybe they're waiting until the new year, the training class's have been booked up.. who knows...I had mine this week as well and nothing yet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

TRE_ in Niagara, Ontario

55 months ago

What i'm saying is.. It's Xmas break for them? What next week??

..with all this hiring going on I think they'll do a few more interviews this week and wrap it up until the new year. I could be wrong.

If someone got an offer this week PLEASE post up with info. Cheers, T

55 months ago

TRE_ in Niagara, Ontario said: What i'm saying is.. It's Xmas break for them? What next week??

..with all this hiring going on I think they'll do a few more interviews this week and wrap it up until the new year. I could be wrong.

If someone got an offer this week PLEASE post up with info. Cheers, T

yes I did interviewYesterday and as long as u don't get letter your ok. I figure they probably get a whole bunch of interviews and then do a day or two of calling I would think prob will not here anything till new year. Every one b positive and have a great Christmas caz more them likely u will be working long hours at the plant in the new year. Peace.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

55 months ago

angelic_malevolence in Woodstock, Ontario said: Had a group interview on Thursday afternoon, from 1 to 4 with 8 other people. Does anyone know how long after they usually take to get in touch with you or your references if they are interested? I am sweating it out over here, wish I would hear something soon. What is the next step from here if they say yes?

First i heard of a group interview. are you applying for the contract production team member? if so, when was your physical simulation? mine is on tuesday so maybe they changed the interview process to handle the large amount of applicants? can you please tell a little bit about what happenend at the interview? thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hewy 04 in London, Ontario

55 months ago

Hi can any one tell me what type of questions are on the computer test, I have to go to Cambidge tomorrow.Would really appreciate it.
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bt81 in Niagara, Ontario

55 months ago

To save people posting questions over and over about different stages of the process i'm going to try to sum it up to keep these questions to a minimum.
We should keep postings up about your current status in the process and how long it's taken for call backs etc.

The computer test is a combination of personality questions and some basic stess tests: Personality questions is like "what would you say to an employee who is pissed off about working said this to you" or "how would you react in a situation if this happened" and they give you a multiple choice. The technical questions is like they give you a scenario with a bunch of dials ticking to zero and you have to click certain things to make sure the dial doesn't reach zero. You don't have to prep for this test so don't worry about it. Just show up early, take a seat, and rock it.

The 2nd phase of testing is a physical work simulation broken down into three 1.5 hour stages with 10 minute breaks in between. The email explains what to wear, what to bring, where to go, etc.
PART 1 is a an in car simulation with the Lexus RX350 frame. An lcd screen will give you instructions on where to drill bolts, and plug in wire harness's. Pay attention, and do what it says. Thats it.
Part 2 is a weightlifting simulation. Again an Lcd screen tells you where to pick-up weights and to place them in the correct slot all the while following correct lifting procedure.
Part 3 is a weld gun simulation. Again, Do what it says. Put the weld gun in the right hole all the while following the instructions given to you.

If you've passed all this you'll be notified with 2 weeks either through mail (which means you've failed) or by phone to book you for the next phase which is a 2 on 1 interview (unless they've changed it now because a guy up mentioned something about a group interview which means they're moving things along REAAAALLLLY fast) Again show up early, dress well, and answer situational behavioural based questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

angelic_malevolence in Woodstock, Ontario

55 months ago

My interview was at Toyota Boshoku in Woodstock. The group interview was 3 hours long because the 9 of us had to answer all the same questions in front of eachother. I don't know what is supposed to happen next, the job is for seat assembly. I have no experience in the field so I think I am a long shot, but it's not rocket science. Wondering how long it takes for them to get back to ya if they want you to start. Anyone else interview in Woodstock here for Toyota Boshoku?

Billybob_ in Windsor, Ontario

55 months ago

How secure will those new 800 jobs be?
How long is a team member contract?
Is a "team member contract" just another term for a "temp"
and basically they can let you go at any time for anything?
When will one become a permanent employee? is there time frame,
what percentage actual make it to pernament?
could someone please explain this whole process, time and wages?

thank you
and good luck to all

55 months ago

Had my work simulation Nov 6th Interview Dec 19th and my references have already started being contacted

Thanks and good luck to everyone still waiting!

kat_alex in Toronto, Ontario

55 months ago

ugh. I had my work similuation and interview around the same times as you Chriis....and they haven't checked my references (as far as know). I'm thinking the worst.

55 months ago

what does your status say on tmmc.ca mine changed from
you have been scheduled for your final interview to....
You will be contacted regarding the next steps in the hiring process. Please be patient blah blah blah.

Dont let it get you to discouraged your still in unless you have gotten the Dear John letter :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.