Toyota Hiring Process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 10054)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

rooz11 in London, Ontario

55 months ago

Two out of three of my references have were checked on friday and now my status has been changed to: You have completed an application for the Production Team Member position. Please note it may take several months before a decision is made regarding your application. Anybody have any feedback on this status?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kat_alex in Toronto, Ontario

55 months ago

rooz11 in London, Ontario said: Two out of three of my references have were checked on friday and now my status has been changed to: You have completed an application for the Production Team Member position. Please note it may take several months before a decision is made regarding your application. Anybody have any feedback on this status?

that's awesome news rooz11. my status changed to the same thing a day or two after my interview....and i don't think my references have been contacted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chriis in London, Ontario

55 months ago

sounds like good new then rooz11
They are most likely waiting til the new year to contact everyone to start
keep us informed

TRE_ in Niagara, Ontario

55 months ago

Rooz11, when was your work simulation..?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Weldnut in Woodstock, Ontario

55 months ago

k b84 in Ontario said: Hey I just hired THank you all, I start first week Feb in assembly, and my friend got hired for Weld. Can anyone give me information on the 2 areas and how the work is there.

Congrats! I assume you both are working in the North plant (ie - where they produce the Corolla/Matrix). I have worked in assembly and am now in weld and I don't want to scare you but be prepared to work hard, and get ready for lots of OT. Some jobs are harder than others, and it kind of depends on which line you go to. If you know which line you are going to let me know and I can try to give you more information. I don't want to go into a lot of details if you already know them, but I'll ask you this...Do you know what takt time is? If not, let me know and I'll give you a better idea of what to expect.

rooz11 in London, Ontario

55 months ago

TRE_ in Niagara, Ontario said: Rooz11, when was your work simulation..?

My work simulation was around Nov 6...not 100% but that date sticks out.....definately no earlier....Interview was dec 15...ref checked on dec 18..

toyotahopeful in Guelph, Ontario

55 months ago

Weldnut in Woodstock, Ontario said: Congrats! I assume you both are working in the North plant (ie - where they produce the Corolla/Matrix). I have worked in assembly and am now in weld and I don't want to scare you but be prepared to work hard, and get ready for lots of OT. Some jobs are harder than others, and it kind of depends on which line you go to. If you know which line you are going to let me know and I can try to give you more information. I don't want to go into a lot of details if you already know them, but I'll ask you this...Do you know what takt time is? If not, let me know and I'll give you a better idea of what to expect.

I don't know what takt time is, can you elaborate?

k b84 in Ontario

55 months ago

Hey thanks to you all. Can anyone tell me what to expect in weld also can anyone tell me where to look to find. Apartments or a place to live I am moving from Windsor

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

JP Belanger in Windsor, Ontario

55 months ago

k b84 in Ontario said: Hey thanks to you all. Can anyone tell me what to expect in weld also can anyone tell me where to look to find. Apartments or a place to live I am moving from Windsor

Why don't you try looking on the internet yourself for a place out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Billybob_ in Windsor, Ontario

55 months ago

Weldnut

I currently have a decent full time job, but I don't mind moving,
I am not sure if it is worth it.
I am a very good worker.
I know the whole temporary worker thing, that you're here one day and gone the next.
Do you get any days off, sick days.
What if things slow down, and the contracts get laid off, and 3 months go by, will they be called back, when things get going again
I just like to find out what the work environment/people are like?
Any idea how many contract and pernament are there right now, not including the new 800, And have they actually been hiring pernament recently?
thank you, and feel free to include more info

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

rosie2214 in Brantford, Ontario

55 months ago

Hi all My husband did the computer test last night. his status now says: You will be contacted regarding the next steps in the hiring process. Please be patient as we process qualified candidates, and understand that it may take more than 12 months before you are asked to participate in later stages of the selection process. Thank you again for your interest. I am hoping this means he will go onto the next stage. Anyone have any input.

Thanks so much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kat_alex in Toronto, Ontario

55 months ago

rosie2214 in Brantford, Ontario said: Hi all My husband did the computer test last night. his status now says: You will be contacted regarding the next steps in the hiring process. Please be patient as we process qualified candidates, and understand that it may take more than 12 months before you are asked to participate in later stages of the selection process. Thank you again for your interest. I am hoping this means he will go onto the next stage. Anyone have any input.

Thanks so much!

Hey Rosie2214...that is what my status said for three years...until they recently called me for further testings. Hang in there....i think they are moving things along quicker now. lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rav4 in Guelph, Ontario

55 months ago

k b84 in Ontario said: Hey I just hired THank you all, I start first week Feb in assembly, and my friend got hired for Weld. Can anyone give me information on the 2 areas and how the work is there.

R U going to Cambridge or Woodstock? I'm from windsor and may have a place for U to rent, if your interested.

k b84 in Ontario

55 months ago

Hey thanks rav I'm going to Cambridge let me know about yourvplace for rent

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Rav4 in Woodstock, Ontario

55 months ago

k b84 in Ontario said: Hey thanks rav I'm going to Cambridge let me know about yourvplace for rent

whats your email?

k b84 in Ontario

55 months ago

Hey rav koonz84@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Chriis in London, Ontario

55 months ago

I'm going to sign my contract January 8th and start January 13th in Woodstock! got the call today!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

tjm773 in London, Ontario

55 months ago

Chriis in London, Ontario said: I'm going to sign my contract January 8th and start January 13th in Woodstock! got the call today!

CONGRATS CHRIIS! My husband received his call two weeks ago, signed his contract this past Friday, and starts on Jan 4! He too will be in Woodstock, driving from London!

Billybob_ in Windsor, Ontario

55 months ago

This is a question
For those who successfully completed the "work simulation" and got in to an interview (and to those that got hired)
do you remember if you made any mistakes during your simulation?
will any mistakes be tolerated?
or everything has to be 100%,
or is the simulation just to see if you are capable to do the physical work
and are some what coordinated?

thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ad

55 months ago

Hey good news looks like every body is geting hired know,I got hired for paint in camb , weld nut if you can pl. Tell me some thing about that.
Thx

55 months ago

OK so after writing the computer test status has changed to: You have completed an application for the Production Team Member position. Please note it may take several months before a decision is made regarding your application. What does this mean...Arggh waiting is definatley not my strength

dj75 in London, Ontario

55 months ago

Hi all. This forum is great.This is my first time here.Thanks everybody for shering information. Is anybody here who had a computer test recently (past 2 weeks) and already got called for the next step? I'd like to know if there's any chance to get the call any time soon(I had comp.test on Sat. Dec.19.)
Thanx.

55 months ago

Hey Tjm773, what is your status on the TMMC website?

dj75 in London, Ontario

55 months ago

Sharing* :)

dj75 in London, Ontario

55 months ago

Hi rosie2214 I had my computer test dec.19. and my status on the TMMC website is the same as yours.

55 months ago

Ok so lets hope that means they will be contacting us soon for the next step..positive thining right :-)

jimbobbo in southern ontario, Ontario

55 months ago

rosie2214 in Brantford, Ontario said: Ok so lets hope that means they will be contacting us soon for the next step..positive thining right :-)
did my computer test on the weekend and have the status change that u have also. A friend of mine applied 2 years ago and heard nothing until 3 weeks ago then he went for simulation test, then interview and reference check and yesterday he was hired on in cambridge for the 2nd week of january. Maybe they are hiring all the people that have be waiting so long and using us to create another base of potential employees when the time comes for more. Just a thought but we could be in for a long wait but i hope not.

angelic_malevolence in Woodstock, Ontario

55 months ago

Andrew Davis in Princeton, Ontario said: Again remember that I am applying for Toyota Boshuko which makes the interior parts for Toyota cars.

I have no idea how many employees have been hired at Toyota Plants in Cambridge or Woodstock all I know is that Toyota Boshuko is hiring about people for night shift work and day work. They are hiring for this position as of NOV 1st. But I figure they have to call me back before hand so that I'm not walking out onto the workfloor without some training.

Just waiting for them to check my reference and then I'll be called back hopefully between tomorrow and two weeks from now.

Keeping my Fingers Crossed uncontrollably

Andrew

Did you get your job? And if so, how long did it take for them to get back to you? I am in the same situation now...waiting for reference checks etc, its been almost a week since the group interview. Sweating it out over here.

angelic_malevolence in Woodstock, Ontario

55 months ago

Is anyone else waiting to hear from Toyota Boshoku?? Or have heard?? Just wondering...waiting waiting waiting

tjm773 in London, Ontario

55 months ago

rosie2214 in Brantford, Ontario said: Hey Tjm773, what is your status on the TMMC website?

It asks to please be patient as it may take more than 12 months to be contacted regarding the next stage.

55 months ago

tjm773 in London, Ontario said: It asks to please be patient as it may take more than 12 months to be contacted regarding the next stage.

Hey Tjm773, have you checked your status again today? That is what mine said yesterday but has since changed, just wondered if yours had changed as well. Jimbobbo status has also changed. Just hopeful that it doesn't mean bad news...

Pat Pins in London, Ontario

55 months ago

I did interview last Wednesday and now status button does not link to anything anyone else have this happenning

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

TRE_ in Niagara, Ontario

55 months ago

PatPins you and I have similar dates for testing. Have your references been checked yet?

I just checked mine and it works.. It might be down. Does the screen fully load and just get to a gray screen?

nikita13 in guelph, Ontario

55 months ago

I did my computer stage about 3 years ago. I got a call a couple of weeks ago for the simulation part of the hiring process. I completed 5 hours last night.It was extremely physical, pretty sore today! I got a call this morning for the 2 on 1 interview on tuesday.If anyone can remember some of the interviw questions I would love to hear from you.Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

quietfire in Scarborough, Ontario

55 months ago

nikita13 in guelph, Ontario said: I did my computer stage about 3 years ago. I got a call a couple of weeks ago for the simulation part of the hiring process. I completed 5 hours last night.It was extremely physical, pretty sore today! I got a call this morning for the 2 on 1 interview on tuesday.If anyone can remember some of the interviw questions I would love to hear from you.Thanks

wow! that was fast! would you say you did really well in the simulation test ? i took mine in the morning yesterday and didn't hear from them yet.

dj75 in London, Ontario

55 months ago

Hi "quietfire" when did you have your COMPUTER test ?
MERY CHRISTMAS to everybody.

55 months ago

dj75 in London, Ontario said: Hi "quietfire" when did you have your COMPUTER test ?
MERY CHRISTMAS to everybody.

hey dj75, i dont remember the exact date but i think it was between september and october of 2007.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dj75 in London, Ontario

55 months ago

nikita13 in guelph, Ontario said: I did my computer stage about 3 years ago. I got a call a couple of weeks ago for the simulation part of the hiring process. I completed 5 hours last night.It was extremely physical, pretty sore today! I got a call this morning for the 2 on 1 interview on tuesday.If anyone can remember some of the interviw questions I would love to hear from you.Thanks

Hi Nikita13.
If you look back,over some of the coments,you could find some info on what questions you could expect on tuesday.GOOD LUCK

dj75 in London, Ontario

55 months ago

quietfire in Scarborough, Ontario said: hey dj75, i dont remember the exact date but i think it was between september and october of 2007.

Thank you.So you are in the game for long time too.I was thinking that you are one of as who applied recently.

55 months ago

quietfire in Scarborough, Ontario said: wow! that was fast! would you say you did really well in the simulation test ? i took mine in the morning yesterday and didn't hear from them yet.

I felt that I did well on the weight exercise and the spot weld. My wiring harness touched the floor on the car exercise when I was putting it back on the hook.In the initial instructions it said at no time should the wiring harness touch the floor so I thought i screwed up.I coiled it up inside the car after that incident!They told us at the beginning that it could take up to two months to hear back so I was floored to get a call the next morning.I thought they would be closed over the holiday season,but my interview is on tuesday.They are no longer doing the group exercise they were initially doing at the end of the simulation. I asked and they told me that was the old interview process and they are now trying to speed things up.faster the better! Merry Christmas everyone!

55 months ago

nikita13 in guelph, Ontario said: I felt that I did well on the weight exercise and the spot weld. My wiring harness touched the floor on the car exercise when I was putting it back on the hook.In the initial instructions it said at no time should the wiring harness touch the floor so I thought i screwed up.I coiled it up inside the car after that incident!They told us at the beginning that it could take up to two months to hear back so I was floored to get a call the next morning.I thought they would be closed over the holiday season,but my interview is on tuesday.They are no longer doing the group exercise they were initially doing at the end of the simulation. I asked and they told me that was the old interview process and they are now trying to speed things up.faster the better! Merry Christmas everyone!

good luck on your interview on tuesday and keep us posted nikita 13. all the best!

dmaxx in Houston, Texas

55 months ago

Just to throw my two cents in here. I have gone through both testing phases for Skilled Team Member in San Antonio Texas and have a interview for Jan 11th. For me things moved very fast I got the call for testing a day after I was requested to fill out the App. and tested that week on Sat. Then got the call the following Monday for Phase two of testing on the up coming Thursday. This was the hands on test it took the better part of the day. Got the call for the interview on Friday and the interveiw was set up for Jan 11th 2010. I must admit I'm a little nervous. I have spent a good portion of my life in Detroit at American Axle Mfg. and we all know what happened there. I hear Toyota treats there people well I am looking forward to working there ...If anyone wants some answers about the Skilled side feel free to ask I will try to answer the best that I can .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

fox35 in Scarborough, Ontario

55 months ago

hey guys, i dont think they update your online status on time. i am about to sign my contract now but still my online status does not change at all. during simulation: 1)you have to have speed 2)maintain your accuracy, and 3)ALWAYS observe the safety measures in performing the task. be consistent with this 3 things and you will be fine... during interview: be honest, be yourself...they will determine if you have the qualities and attitude they need to work in their team. the quality of their product starts from the quality of their recruits and kaizen...we all need job but you don't need to insist your self to them, "hakuna matata".

TRE_ in Niagara, Ontario

55 months ago

Fox35

Can you tell me your dates for work simu and 2on1 interview if you rmember them?
I want to see where I am in the process.. ((interviewedd on the 16th..))

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

fox35 in Scarborough, Ontario

55 months ago

i got my conestoga exam:sep 2006 simu:nov 15 2009 interview: dec 16 2009. they called my reference dec. 17, they called me to notify that i passed dec 18, ill start working jan.6 2010. anybody here wants to car pool with me, i live in Ajax. email me foxbonde@yahoo.com...Good luck guys but don't forget to Pray!

55 months ago

fox35 in Scarborough, Ontario said: i got my conestoga exam:sep 2006 simu:nov 15 2009 interview: dec 16 2009. they called my reference dec. 17, they called me to notify that i passed dec 18, ill start working jan.6 2010. anybody here wants to car pool with me, i live in Ajax. email me foxbonde@yahoo.com...Good luck guys but don't forget to Pray!

Good Morning, I was just wondering if you remembered any of your questions from the interview and how long it was? I'm heading off to mine at 11:00 this morning. Real nervous! Thanks

susan1980 in North York, Ontario

55 months ago

Hello Fox35,

Just received an email from TMMC recuiting team today that I can book my first appointment (computer test, etc) online. I booked it for Jan 4th 2010.
I thought the people they are hiring for Woodstock would start the production March of 2010? I do not know if I will get it...haha...just giving it a shoot...I am currently working for Magna International, Plastcoat Dizision of Decoma
I would love to carpool with ya, I am in North York (Victoria Park). But even if i get the position I do not know which location will they assign me to. JUST WANNA WISH EVERYONE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!

kingtom in Brantford, Ontario

55 months ago

Has anyone who took the computer test at Conestoga Collage Dec 19,21,22,23 of this year been contacted for further testing? Let me know. I believe the next test is the work simulation-just wanted to know if anyone from this group has been contacted. Good luck to you all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jimbobbo in southern ontario, Ontario

55 months ago

I went on the 19th and haven't heard squat.

kingtom in Brantford, Ontario

55 months ago

jimbobbo-thanks for the quick reply-anyone else?

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.