Toyota Hiring Process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (201 to 250 of 11357)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

jimbobbo in southern ontario, Ontario

82 months ago

this is another site with info on toyota hiring questions

www.redflagdeals.com/forums/toyota-hiring-assessment-506775/3/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

nikita13 in guelph, Ontario

82 months ago

fox35 in Scarborough, Ontario said: i believe im late for you nikita, i hope you did alright. if you read all of the tips in here you just be fine...they have so many different sets of questionaire anyway and its hard to remember the questions specially im so nervous that time. anyways, just what i've said just be yourself and answer the question with all honesty. it is all situational/behavioural type interview and your answer will depend on how you handle a certain situation base in your experiences in the past.they will call your reference right after or the next day if they determine you fit-in into their team. good luck and dont forget to pray!

I left the interview with mixed feelings. I had some difficulty with the situational questions.It felt a little choppy at times.What was your overall feeling after, and have they contacted your ref yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

nikita13 in guelph, Ontario

82 months ago

fox35 in Scarborough, Ontario said: i believe im late for you nikita, i hope you did alright. if you read all of the tips in here you just be fine...they have so many different sets of questionaire anyway and its hard to remember the questions specially im so nervous that time. anyways, just what i've said just be yourself and answer the question with all honesty. it is all situational/behavioural type interview and your answer will depend on how you handle a certain situation base in your experiences in the past.they will call your reference right after or the next day if they determine you fit-in into their team. good luck and dont forget to pray!

I'm sorry Fox35 I didn't realize you got the job, thats awesome!I can only hope I will be as lucky as you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

dj75 in London, Ontario

82 months ago

smoke74 in London, Ontario said: First post, this is a great msg board for this topic. I had my computer test in Oct 07, my work sim on Dec 15, and interview tomorrow at 8 am. Just to give some news, my buddy signed his contract today to start Jan 8. He was told that they are still in need of hiring 600 more people. They needed like 880 ppl, and have only hired 280 thus far. He was told that he's in the third batch of hires so there is still a long way to go. Apparently the majority of hires are given the choice between Woodstock or Cambridge, and he starts at 23.60 plus shift premium which puts him up over 25.00 an hour. Good luck everyone!!!

Hi Smoke74 when did you have your computer test? Oct.07.2009. OR Oct.2007.?
Good luck on your interview.
KingTom ,I had comp test Dec.19.2009. and I haven't heard anything yet.But this Smoke74 gives me hope with his coment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

smoke74 in London, Ontario

82 months ago

Had my computer test in October 2007, my interviewer said they have a ton more to hire yet. Interview was good, I thought I did alright until I was driving home and second guessed everything. My interview lasted about 35 minutes, here's hoping.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dj75 in London, Ontario

82 months ago

Thank you for reply smoke74. I hope youu get the job.Let us know if you do.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mattwin20 in Hamilton, Ontario

82 months ago

hey guys, just got my call today for my job offer, start jan 16th. good luck to every1 else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bibicu in Toronto, Ontario

82 months ago

Hello everyone.
If anyone is knowledgeable enough and can comment my questions, I would appreciate it.
Basically I would like to find out what is the difference between Cambridge and Woodstock plant? I imagine Woodstock plant is newer therefore better layout, amenities, etc. Are there any other reasons? I am asking because I red some comments in which people ,(some with seniority), were quite eager to go to Woodstock.
I would imagine there has got to be more and better reasons for one to drive 50-60k in the middle of nowhere one way every day, from Cambridge or Kitchener say, which is a bigger city...Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

toyotahopeful in Guelph, Ontario

82 months ago

mattwin20 in Hamilton, Ontario said: hey guys, just got my call today for my job offer, start jan 16th. good luck to every1 else.

Congratulations! and thanks for the help, and thanks everyone else. i've been checking this place everyday since it was only 2 pages lol

I just got a call from Toyota for my interview tomorrow morning at 11:45 Already nervous as hell! one week after my simulation...

applied 2006
computer test Oct 2007
simulation Dec 22, 2009
interview Dec 31, 2009

so yeah they are moving fast, they apologized for the short notice.

*their name doesn't show up on caller ID so be careful!!!
the number they called me from ended with 1111 so make sure you answer the call (it's not Pizza Pizza spamming you LOL)

good luck to all! Happy New Year

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

fox35 in Scarborough, Ontario

82 months ago

nikita13 in guelph, Ontario said: I'm sorry Fox35 I didn't realize you got the job, thats awesome!I can only hope I will be as lucky as you!

hi nikita, no worries you'll be fine. just have some patience...CONGRATULATIONs to Mattwin you finally made it, also to Outragefool - for getting the woodstock assignment...for toyotahopeful, you will be fine you've read some tips in this forum no worries, dont let your nervousness overcomes you. conquer your fear and have some Iron Will...Good Luck! I Wish You ALL a Healthy and Prosperous New Year ! ! !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

susan1980 in North York, Ontario

82 months ago

Does any know what is the starting hourly pay rate for contract position? and will it increase after certain amount of months? Thanks ^_^

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kingtom in Brantford, Ontario

82 months ago

I did my computer assessment test on the 19th of December. Email today scheduled me in for work simulation test this Saturday. Does anyone know where to go at TMMC in Cambridge for this test. What building is it in and where do you park?(what gate do you go in.)
Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

rosie2214 in Brantford, Ontario

82 months ago

kingtom in Brantford, Ontario said: I did my computer assessment test on the 19th of December. Email today scheduled me in for work simulation test this Saturday. Does anyone know where to go at TMMC in Cambridge for this test. What building is it in and where do you park?(what gate do you go in.)
Thanks.

Has anyone else who wrote between the 19th and 23 of December heard anything?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

rosie2214 in Brantford, Ontario

82 months ago

kingtom in Brantford, Ontario said: I did my computer assessment test on the 19th of December. Email today scheduled me in for work simulation test this Saturday. Does anyone know where to go at TMMC in Cambridge for this test. What building is it in and where do you park?(what gate do you go in.)
Thanks.

King Tom do you mind telling me what your status has been since you wrote the test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nikita13 in guelph, Ontario

82 months ago

fox35 in Scarborough, Ontario said: hi nikita, no worries you'll be fine. just have some patience...CONGRATULATIONs to Mattwin you finally made it, also to Outragefool - for getting the woodstock assignment...for toyotahopeful, you will be fine you've read some tips in this forum no worries, dont let your nervousness overcomes you. conquer your fear and have some Iron Will...Good Luck! I Wish You ALL a Healthy and Prosperous New Year ! ! !

Toyota called one of my references yesterday,my other two won't be available to contact untill Monday. Hopefully everything is on track!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ajkumar in Brampton, Ontario

82 months ago

my interview was on 18th Dec. they have not checked my references.

online status is "You have completed an application for the Production Team Member position. Please note it may take several months before a decision is made regarding your application."

I am still IN or OUT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

smoke74 in London, Ontario

82 months ago

Had my interview this morning at 8am, i checked my status around 2:30 and it changed from you have been scheduled for your final interview to we will be in contact with the next stage of interview process. All 3 of my references were contacted before 5:00 today. All 3 gave me a good recommendation so I hope to get an offer soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

dj75 in London, Ontario

82 months ago

kingtom in Brantford, Ontario said: I did my computer assessment test on the 19th of December. Email today scheduled me in for work simulation test this Saturday. Does anyone know where to go at TMMC in Cambridge for this test. What building is it in and where do you park?(what gate do you go in.)
Thanks.

Hi kingtom,congratulation.It's good to hear that. I had computer test same day as you.I hope they call me to.Good luck on sat.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ajkumar in Brampton, Ontario

82 months ago

my interview was on 18th Dec. they have not checked my references.

online status is "You have completed an application for the Production Team Member position. Please note it may take several months before a decision is made regarding your application."

I am still IN or OUT???????????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

rooz11 in London, Ontario

82 months ago

Anybody out there know if they check all three references. Two of mine were called on dec 18 and I haven't heard anything else. I haven't got a letter yet either. Just getting nervous and scared to open mailbox. Any insite to ease my mind would be appreciated. Have a great new year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Weldnut in Woodstock, Ontario

82 months ago

bibicu in Toronto, Ontario said: Hello everyone.
If anyone is knowledgeable enough and can comment my questions, I would appreciate it.
Basically I would like to find out what is the difference between Cambridge and Woodstock plant? I imagine Woodstock plant is newer therefore better layout, amenities, etc. Are there any other reasons? I am asking because I red some comments in which people ,(some with seniority), were quite eager to go to Woodstock.
I would imagine there has got to be more and better reasons for one to drive 50-60k in the middle of nowhere one way every day, from Cambridge or Kitchener say, which is a bigger city...Thank you!

The only reason why I think people with senority that live in kw and want to work in Woodstock would be the fact that they have been on straight days for a year and a half. Woodstock is not running as fast as Cambridge North, but it's not like you have time to sit around waiting for the next car.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Weldnut in Woodstock, Ontario

82 months ago

OutragedFool in Princeton, Ontario said: Just got the call today, start work Jan 18th in Woodstock. I was given a offer for cambridge for Jan 4th but turned it down because I wanted Woodstock and I am glad I did because I am now going to be working less then 10 min from my house instead of 40 min to cambridge. Good luck to everyone!

Congrats! Good for you to hold out to work where you want to. Perhaps all the p.o'd people that got forced to transfer to Woodstock are starting to go back to cambridge.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

dj75 in London, Ontario

82 months ago

rooz11 in London, Ontario said: Anybody out there know if they check all three references. Two of mine were called on dec 18 and I haven't heard anything else. I haven't got a letter yet either. Just getting nervous and scared to open mailbox. Any insite to ease my mind would be appreciated. Have a great new year.

Hi rooz11.If you see some earlier coments u can see that they usually check only 2 references.If you didn't do good on interview they wouldn't call references,and I think you would not put somebody who you don't trust as reference.So I think you should just be patient.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kingtom in Brantford, Ontario

82 months ago

rosie2214 in Brantford, Ontario said: King Tom do you mind telling me what your status has been since you wrote the test?

Rosie2214 my status was unchanged until I replied directly via email to accept the work simulation test. Then it changed to "you are scheduled to participate in a day of onsite testing." Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

smoke74 in London, Ontario

82 months ago

If you noticed my earlier comment, all 3 of my references called me today to tell me they were called. All 3 called me within 20 mins of one another, just be patient.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

vibhoosama in Toronto, Ontario

82 months ago

Hi,

Is anyone going for the computer test on 7th jan,2010,afternoon schedule.I am looking for a ride.....shared cost.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

vibhoosama in Toronto, Ontario

82 months ago

sorry.....I got my test on 8th jan...afternoon.looking for a shared ride.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tommydearman in Barrie, Ontario

82 months ago

I applied the day they announced they were hiring 800 people and I just booked my testing at conestoga for Jan 9 at noon! I previously worked at the Honda plant in Alliston for a year and a half before they got rid of all their contract employees. Will my experience previously building cars help out getting me hired at Toyota???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

flgirl in Kitchener, Ontario

82 months ago

W A in Fort Erie, Ontario said: Well I am soooo sad to say that I got 'the letter' yesterday : ( I knew the odds when I entered into the process but I was sure that I could be successful. But I was wrong....But, I am going to call the recriutment office on Monday, see, I am a person with a disablilty that I chose not to disclose at the time of my application, I want to ask them if I were to voluntarily disclose at this time is there any way that it may affect my application. I know it is a long shot as well, but hey, you never know! Thanks for your advice!!

they like people who make mistakes and can take corrections without getting there back up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kb84 in Ontario

82 months ago

Hello, happy new year to all . I start work in Jan 8th and I was told I am in weld. I am wondering what people wear. I was told to wear 100% cotton and the only things I can find is jogging pants that are 100% cotton can anyone give me some tips on clothing. and also what I can expect in the WElD area, such as what type of work is it the difficulty etc.. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Weldnut in Woodstock, Ontario

82 months ago

k b84 in Ontario said: Hello, happy new year to all . I start work in Jan 8th and I was told I am in weld. I am wondering what people wear. I was told to wear 100% cotton and the only things I can find is jogging pants that are 100% cotton can anyone give me some tips on clothing. and also what I can expect in the WElD area, such as what type of work is it the difficulty etc.. Thank you

You can wear cargo/khaki pants (no buttons exposed) and you have to wear long sleeve shirt (a lot of guys wear the long-sleeved t-shirts). The company provides your boots, glasses, bump cap, kevlar gloves, etc. When you start you can order 5 items of clothing from the company (shirt, pants, etc), but you won't get them for a few weeks. The other thing you can do in weld is get on their coverall program. You can get more info on this during orientation. The work in weld isn't too bad, but depends on your area. It's nice in the summer because it's air conditioned where some of the other areas aren't. You still have to wear pants and long sleeved shirts in the summer, but the a/c helps. Good luck. If you have any other questions please ask.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bthing in Milton, Ontario

82 months ago

Hi .. I'm offered a contract for 3 months starting January 18th. Does anyone know what the percentage is of permanent hires? What is the time frame for renewing contracts? Can contract positons go longer than 2 years? What happened to all the contract people they let go last February 2009?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

flgirl in Kitchener, Ontario

82 months ago

Bthing in Milton, Ontario said: Hi .. I'm offered a contract for 3 months starting January 18th. Does anyone know what the percentage is of permanent hires? What is the time frame for renewing contracts? Can contract positons go longer than 2 years? What happened to all the contract people they let go last February 2009?

Well I was a task and term employee from 2006 till 2008 then never called back. I was in south. Just reapplied and am going through the process again. Instead of making the top wage if i get back in i will be down like 10 dollars an hour!!! They don't have to rehire you if you are task and term and it was just starting to take a down turn when our contracts were finished. they said we would be called back and never were!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bthing in Milton, Ontario

82 months ago

Hi flgirl .. Thank you for your response ..
After two years of proving yourself to be a worthy employee, you think they would automatically recall you. Or i have to assume there is a low percentage of people hired full time? Can contracts be renewed after 2 years? ( I think there may be a government mandate to not exceed 2 years regarding contract positons) Do you know anyone that were hired full time in which you worked with? Were you able to get EI?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bthing in Milton, Ontario

82 months ago

flgirl in Kitchener, Ontario said: Well I was a task and term employee from 2006 till 2008 then never called back. I was in south. Just reapplied and am going through the process again. Instead of making the top wage if i get back in i will be down like 10 dollars an hour!!! They don't have to rehire you if you are task and term and it was just starting to take a down turn when our contracts were finished. they said we would be called back and never were!!!

Hi flgirl .. Thank you for your response ..
After two years of proving yourself to be a worthy employee, you think they would automatically recall you. Or i have to assume there is a low percentage of people hired full time? Can contracts be renewed after 2 years? ( I think there may be a government mandate to not exceed 2 years regarding contract positons) Do you know anyone that were hired full time in which you worked with? Were you able to get EI?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

angelic_malevolence in Woodstock, Ontario

82 months ago

has anybody been hired on at Toyota Boshoku in Woodstock? (interior parts, seat assembly etc...)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

flgirl in Kitchener, Ontario

82 months ago

Bthing in Milton, Ontario said: Hi flgirl .. Thank you for your response ..
After two years of proving yourself to be a worthy employee, you think they would automatically recall you. Or i have to assume there is a low percentage of people hired full time? Can contracts be renewed after 2 years? ( I think there may be a government mandate to not exceed 2 years regarding contract positons) Do you know anyone that were hired full time in which you worked with? Were you able to get EI?

yes i got ei. After the first task and term which was a 1 year contract we were off for 3 months. We were told we were going to get the regular 3 month contracts then again were offered another 1 year. Again it was at christmas time and after that we were told we would be called and never was. I called and said when a 3 month was available i would be called. I never missed a day and did every bit of overtime. I applied again just as a joke and got a reply to come back for the computer testing. Same as last time but quicker. Not sure if i want to go back since they have changed all the pay now. I was in paint north for the first year then south for the second. I will do the testing and see what happens. Good luck with your job their.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

flgirl in Kitchener, Ontario

82 months ago

Bthing in Milton, Ontario said: Hi flgirl .. Thank you for your response ..
After two years of proving yourself to be a worthy employee, you think they would automatically recall you. Or i have to assume there is a low percentage of people hired full time? Can contracts be renewed after 2 years? ( I think there may be a government mandate to not exceed 2 years regarding contract positons) Do you know anyone that were hired full time in which you worked with? Were you able to get EI?

It can take up to 3 years to get in there full time depending on how busy they are.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bthing in Milton, Ontario

82 months ago

flgirl in Kitchener, Ontario said: It can take up to 3 years to get in there full time depending on how busy they are.

During your time did you see anyone hired full time? I'm nervous because I have a full time right now. Did you get any vacation time?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

flgirl in Kitchener, Ontario

82 months ago

Bthing in Milton, Ontario said: During your time did you see anyone hired full time? I'm nervous because I have a full time right now. Did you get any vacation time?

when you are a contract worker you get your 1 week shutdown in the summer and your christmas week which you get paid for stat days. you don't get paid for the summer shutdown.Yes the group that started before us got hired as they were 3 month contracts and had more time in then us cause we had 3 months off so we were short. they go by how many weeks they come up wit h a number. it could take as long as 3 or even less than 2. Not fun being a contract worker in there don't get sick they dont like people taking time off. I am in my late 40's and not sure if i want to go back now. I will do the testing and if i get in i will have to make a decision. I was making almost 30 when i left now will start at 23 i hear. i am doing my computer test on tuesday night then going away for 3 weeks so if i get another shot it better be after that. What area are you going to. I was in north paint then went to south side. I was never in assembly but heard it was awful. Well good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

chris2001 in Orangeville, Ontario

82 months ago

applied Dec 5/2009
computer assessment Dec 17/2009
On site test January 5/2009

Nervous as all heck... :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

dj75 in London, Ontario

82 months ago

Chris 2001 in Orangeville, Ontario said: applied Dec 5/2009
computer assessment Dec 17/2009
On site test January 5/2009

Nervous as all heck... :)

Hi Chris. I had my computer test Dec.19.2009. Can you tell me when did they contact you for your next step?And did they call you or E-Mail you.
Thank You.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tommydearman in Barrie, Ontario

82 months ago

Can someone explain the difference between the task and term contract and the re newing contrat???
And how do you know which one you are being offered??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ad in Mississauga, Ontario

82 months ago

hi weldnut,
thank you for all your support you giving us,i am gonna start in paint,can you pl tell me some thing about that.i was reading some of the recent forums about renewing contract.i got scared because i just quit my job ,iwas making 22/hr latley only because i want to work with toyota, can you say something about that.
thanks again

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

flgirl in Kitchener, Ontario

82 months ago

Tommy Dearman in Barrie, Ontario said: Can someone explain the difference between the task and term contract and the re newing contrat???
And how do you know which one you are being offered??

task and term is a specific time period like 6 months or a year. Once you are finished they do not have to call you back. We got another task and term for 1 year and then no call back. 3 months is continually and they will tell you when they make there last call offering you the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

flgirl in Kitchener, Ontario

82 months ago

ad in Mississauga, Ontario said: hi weldnut,
thank you for all your support you giving us,i am gonna start in paint,can you pl tell me some thing about that.i was reading some of the recent forums about renewing contract.i got scared because i just quit my job ,iwas making 22/hr latley only because i want to work with toyota, can you say something about that.
thanks again

i was in drysand which is considered a preferred area. There is spots in paint that arent great but considered better than assembly. Good place to start but may not end up there. they can move you at any time

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

bthing in Milton, Ontario

82 months ago

flgirl in Kitchener, Ontario said: i was in drysand which is considered a preferred area. There is spots in paint that arent great but considered better than assembly. Good place to start but may not end up there. they can move you at any time

Is there any full time employment guarantee with task and term or the 3 month contract? Which one is better and how do you know what contract is being offered? I'm offered a 3 month contract but I'm thinking about turning it down as I have a full time job. I just want to be 100 % sure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

flgirl in Kitchener, Ontario

82 months ago

Chris 2001 in Orangeville, Ontario said: applied Dec 5/2009
computer assessment Dec 17/2009
On site test January 5/2009

Nervous as all heck... :)


that was quick

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

flgirl in Kitchener, Ontario

82 months ago

Bthing in Milton, Ontario said: Is there any full time employment guarantee with task and term or the 3 month contract? Which one is better and how do you know what contract is being offered? I'm offered a 3 month contract but I'm thinking about turning it down as I have a full time job. I just want to be 100 % sure.

3month continual contract is there norm. If you are doing a good job they will keep renewing it. You will get a new contract every 3 months, with no time off inbetween. It can take any amount of time to get full time. Keep your nose clean and no time off and you will be fine. It is hard with no hollidays but that is what you will have to put up with.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

bthing in Milton, Ontario

82 months ago

flgirl in Kitchener, Ontario said: 3month continual contract is there norm. If you are doing a good job they will keep renewing it. You will get a new contract every 3 months, with no time off inbetween. It can take any amount of time to get full time. Keep your nose clean and no time off and you will be fine. It is hard with no hollidays but that is what you will have to put up with.

I have a bad feeling about excepting this due to the fact that I know Toyota let all the contract people go last Feb 2009. Doesn't matter how hard you work or "keeping your nose clean". Didn't you work there for 2 years and now are reapplying? I don't want to be in that position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.