Toyota Hiring Process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (301 to 350 of 10258)
Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »   Last »

rooz11 in London, Ontario

60 months ago

Thanks outragged...I see all these people get hired since my references were checked and I lose my mind...have been out of work for over a year and for my sake and my marriages sake (haha) I need to work again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Weldnut in Woodstock, Ontario

60 months ago

k b84 in Ontario said: Hello I just got hired and was told I'll will be in weld. I don't have
any welding experience I am wondering if that matters. Will I get moved because I never welded before ?

No, it doesn't matter if you have any welding experience. Most of the jobs in weld is placing parts in jigs for robots to do the welding.

60 months ago

MaterialGirl in Cambridge, Ontario said: Hi Everyone!!!! I start orientation tomorrow (Jan 6th). I was offered the Cambridge plant or Woodstock and eventhough I live 5 mins from the Cambridge plant, I picked Woodstock. Weldnut, I was just wondering if you know what someone would be doing working in Materials? Is that material handling (ie, tow motor?)

Yes, you drive a towmotor and deliver parts to line. I used to be in Materials in the Weld shop and enjoyed it, so have a good time.

Overdrive in Hamilton, Ontario

60 months ago

Hi Everyone - I just joined up today because I've been reading this thread over the last couple days and it helped me out quite a bit. I've completed the computer test and will do phase two testing this week. If anyone has any questions about these first two phases please ask and I'll do my best to help while it's fresh in my mind.

I do have one question - If you are offered Cambridge or Woodstock is there any benefit to one over the other besides location? For example, housing costs, quality of life in the area?

nikita13 in guelph, Ontario

60 months ago

rooz11 in London, Ontario said: I am losing my mind....my 2 of my 3 references were checked on dec 18 and I have not got a call. Everyone keeps saying be patient but I keep seeing all these people interview after me and all their refences get contacted and they get a job offer. I have not got a letter but I still feel very uneasy about this....anyone else in the same boat as me and other clues like status that might say if I am still good or not.

Hey rooz11, Did you feel confident that all 3 of your references would give you a good reccomendation? I have also had two of my references checked. Second one was yesterday, not sure why they didn't call the third yesterday. Maybe they only call two.I am also getting a little nervous.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

dj75 in London, Ontario

60 months ago

Overdrive in Hamilton, Ontario said: Hi Everyone - I just joined up today because I've been reading this thread over the last couple days and it helped me out quite a bit. I've completed the computer test and will do phase two testing this week. If anyone has any questions about these first two phases please ask and I'll do my best to help while it's fresh in my mind.

I do have one question - If you are offered Cambridge or Woodstock is there any benefit to one over the other besides location? For example, housing costs, quality of life in the area?

Hi Overdrive.
Can you just tell me when did you have your computer test and when did they contact you for the next step.I'm worried a litle,because I see they call people who had computer test around same time I had,and I didn't get any response.Do you remember if you had any mistakes on your comp.test (ie. didn't have time to count all the objects on some of the pics,or your gauge needle went to red....)
Thank you

rosie2214 in Brantford, Ontario

60 months ago

dj75 I am in the same boat as you... haven't heard anythign and the test was on the 21st of December.

dj75 in London, Ontario

60 months ago

rosie2214 in Brantford, Ontario said: dj75 I am in the same boat as you... haven't heard anythign and the test was on the 21st of December.

I guess we have to wait :(.

60 months ago

dj75 in London, Ontario said: Hi Overdrive.
Can you just tell me when did you have your computer test and when did they contact you for the next step.I'm worried a litle,because I see they call people who had computer test around same time I had,and I didn't get any response.Do you remember if you had any mistakes on your comp.test (ie. didn't have time to count all the objects on some of the pics,or your gauge needle went to red....)
Thank you

Hi - They contacted me about the next step the same day that I completed the computer test (test in the day, E-mail later in the evening) and this was very recent. For the gauges, I know that I let them go into the red slightly 3 times but am sure I got all the numbers right many times. On the counting, I missed two of them because I simply didn't have time to count them. Again, I'm very sure I counted all the rest accurately.

I would assume that if you did your computer test more then a week ago and they haven't called that it isn't the most positive sign. That being said, I have no idea how they set up the process.

Sunil Agrawal in Brampton, Ontario

60 months ago

Hi
Ihave computer test on saturday 9th can anyone help me what kind of test is this and how long ? pl I nees help

Sunil Agrawal in Brampton, Ontario

60 months ago

Hi Overdrive
Can you pls tell me what kind of prepration I have to do for computer test?
Please I need help
Thanks

flgirl in Kitchener, Ontario

60 months ago

Overdrive in Hamilton, Ontario said: Hi - They contacted me about the next step the same day that I completed the computer test (test in the day, E-mail later in the evening) and this was very recent. For the gauges, I know that I let them go into the red slightly 3 times but am sure I got all the numbers right many times. On the counting, I missed two of them because I simply didn't have time to count them. Again, I'm very sure I counted all the rest accurately.

I would assume that if you did your computer test more then a week ago and they haven't called that it isn't the most positive sign. That being said, I have no idea how they set up the process.

how long was it between your tests. Just wondering. I am doing my computer test tonight, then going away for a couple of weeks. I worked there two years ago and it seems like the testing is the same except separated, as they did it all in one day before.

mattwin20 in Hamilton, Ontario

60 months ago

hey guys, just wondering what the physical involves? details please. thanks

dover in Port Dover, Ontario

60 months ago

Computer test - 2007
Simulated production - December 14/09
2 on 1 interview - December 23/09

Now just patiently waiting.
Good luck to all!

OutragedFool in Princeton, Ontario

60 months ago

They only call 2 of the references, I think it is random. There is so many people applying right now that its not suprising that they are slowing down on the rate of call backs on further steps.

toyotahopeful in Guelph, Ontario

60 months ago

mattwin20 in Hamilton, Ontario said: hey guys, just wondering what the physical involves? details please. thanks

I just logged in to ask the same thing. I just got my job offer! They wanted me to start on the 18th but in lieu of giving my 2 weeks notice they let me start on the 20th instead. My physical is on the 18th and she didn't mention what to wear, etc. Also she never mentioned what my job would be, but other ppl on this forum were told. maybe she forgot to mention it.

i do know you need to bring a voided cheque and do all of your paper work the same day. You need to go to gate 1

catjones in kitchener, Ontario

60 months ago

hello weldnut, i just got hired and start later this month. My family and i have already booked a vacation in may- should i ask for time off or will this look bad?

60 months ago

The computer test asks you a bunch of personality questions - look up "employee testing" on the internet to read about these tests. You should know some basic math and I think most important, be accurate. I believe that speed is important but speed with accuracy is top of the pops.

Fgirl: my computer test and "on the job" test are within a week of each other.

60 months ago

toyotahopeful in Guelph, Ontario said: I just logged in to ask the same thing. I just got my job offer! They wanted me to start on the 18th but in lieu of giving my 2 weeks notice they let me start on the 20th instead. My physical is on the 18th and she didn't mention what to wear, etc. Also she never mentioned what my job would be, but other ppl on this forum were told. maybe she forgot to mention it.

i do know you need to bring a voided cheque and do all of your paper work the same day. You need to go to gate 1

Do you know if they checked 2 or 3 of your references?
Thanks

60 months ago

toyotahopeful in Guelph, Ontario said: I just logged in to ask the same thing. I just got my job offer! They wanted me to start on the 18th but in lieu of giving my 2 weeks notice they let me start on the 20th instead. My physical is on the 18th and she didn't mention what to wear, etc. Also she never mentioned what my job would be, but other ppl on this forum were told. maybe she forgot to mention it.

Yah i was also told to bring a voided cheque and do all my paper work tomarrow morning and then i would be told where to go for the physical.I was told Gate 2 though?

60 months ago

nikita13 in guelph, Ontario said: Do you know if they checked 2 or 3 of your references?
Thanks

They called two of mine

60 months ago

mattwin20 in Hamilton, Ontario said: They called two of mine

That's good to know, 2 of mine have been checked. Hopefully I wil hear something soon. Thanks

smoke74 in Woodstock, Ontario

60 months ago

Just to let everyone know that all 3 of my references were contacted the same day as my 2 on 1 interview.

Toyotahopeful:
I was told to just dress casual, bring a void cheque and go to Gate 1 also

60 months ago

OutragedFool in Princeton, Ontario said: Thanks for the replies Weldnut. You are a big help to the people on this forum, have been a great help to me. I appreciate it very much.

I am accually considering not taking the job, alot of people might call me an idiot, but I gotta do whats best for me and my family and I think deep down I really don't want to leave my current job or I'd probably be less stressed about doing so. Short term, Staying where I am would be my best bet because I make more now then what i'd be starting at here along with 8% holiday pay. Long term Toyota would probably be the better choice because I can't make $34/hr where I work now, along with the pension that comes with toyota. Being on contract for a possible 3+ years seems like alot of time to work just to get hired and start gaining senority and vacation time etc. By the time I even get a year as a fulltime employee I could be sitting at 15 years at my current job with 10% vacation at the age of 32, not many people could say they have the kind of time in a company at that age, talk about security.
I almost wish I made less or had no job at all. This decision would not be hard at all. When I applied back in 06 I woulda taken this job in a heart beat.
I kinda feel like a dick to, cuz my most stressful decision in life right now is "do I take a very well paying job? or stay at the well paying job I already have?" when alot people don't even have jobs.
On a lighter note, Congrats to everyone who has gotten hired or is in the process, it is a great opportunity for most people and will change alot of your lives in a great way and good look, I hope it works out for you all. Thanks for reading my stressed out post...lol

It sounds like you've got a very hard decision to make. The only advice I can give is make sure your spouse and kids (if you have any) understand the OT & saturdays you'll be working, as well as lack of holidays. Good luck!

60 months ago

Sunil Agrawal in Brampton, Ontario said: Hi
Ihave computer test on saturday 9th can anyone help me what kind of test is this and how long ? pl I nees help

see bt81's post on page 4.

60 months ago

catjones in kitchener, Ontario said: hello weldnut, i just got hired and start later this month. My family and i have already booked a vacation in may- should i ask for time off or will this look bad?

I don't advise asking for the time off. Even if that week hasn't already been booked by a fulltime they need people as things are very busy at all 3 plants. After you've worked for a month or so ask someone on your line who has been there for a while and see what they say. My best advice to you is to see if you can change your holiday to summer shutdown. Sorry.

tjm773 in London, Ontario

60 months ago

OutragedFool in Princeton, Ontario said: Thanks for the replies Weldnut. You are a big help to the people on this forum, have been a great help to me. I appreciate it very much.

I am accually considering not taking the job, alot of people might call me an idiot, but I gotta do whats best for me and my family and I think deep down I really don't want to leave my current job or I'd probably be less stressed about doing so. Short term, Staying where I am would be my best bet because I make more now then what i'd be starting at here along with 8% holiday pay. Long term Toyota would probably be the better choice because I can't make $34/hr where I work now, along with the pension that comes with toyota. Being on contract for a possible 3+ years seems like alot of time to work just to get hired and start gaining senority and vacation time etc. By the time I even get a year as a fulltime employee I could be sitting at 15 years at my current job with 10% vacation at the age of 32, not many people could say they have the kind of time in a company at that age, talk about security.
I almost wish I made less or had no job at all. This decision would not be hard at all. When I applied back in 06 I woulda taken this job in a heart beat.
I kinda feel like a dick to, cuz my most stressful decision in life right now is "do I take a very well paying job? or stay at the well paying job I already have?" when alot people don't even have jobs.

I remember reading in one of your earlier posts that you prefer to be in Woodstock, and turned down your first offer as it was for Cambridge. My husband received his hire call a couple of weeks ago and was given Woodstock (exactly what he hoped for), his start date was yesterday (applied 2006) and by the end of his first day he and many of the other 70 people there were all switched around to different shifts, and different locations; he is now going to Cambridge. We're okay with that, but many were not, and quite upset.

inlove07 in Cambridge, Ontario

60 months ago

Overdrive in Hamilton, Ontario said: The computer test asks you a bunch of personality questions - look up "employee testing" on the internet to read about these tests. You should know some basic math and I think most important, be accurate. I believe that speed is important but speed with accuracy is top of the pops.

Fgirl: my computer test and "on the job" test are within a week of each other.

I applied immediately upon them accepting applications in December. I went to Conestoga for testing yesterday at 7pm. at 9:30pm I recieved an email inviting me to participate in the simulation. I am going tomorrow morning at 7am.... My husband applied in 2006 and was hired in August of this year!

flgirl in Kitchener, Ontario

60 months ago

tjm773 in London, Ontario said: I remember reading in one of your earlier posts that you prefer to be in Woodstock, and turned down your first offer as it was for Cambridge. My husband received his hire call a couple of weeks ago and was given Woodstock (exactly what he hoped for), his start date was yesterday (applied 2006) and by the end of his first day he and many of the other 70 people there were all switched around to different shifts, and different locations; he is now going to Cambridge. We're okay with that, but many were not, and quite upset.

did the computer test tonight same as last time!!! I would not ask for time off either. I am hoping now that they don't call for the second round at least till february as i leave saturday for 3 weeks. As for switching everyone it does happen i was switched 3 times in one week and shifts also. I did have an apology but it was a bit annoying and a pain!!!

Bobby Johnson in Barrie, Ontario

60 months ago

Doesn't everyone who applies get to do at least the computer test????????

Bobby Johnson in Barrie, Ontario

60 months ago

Or do they only pick some people to do the computer test?????

OutragedFool in Princeton, Ontario

60 months ago

So people are already being transfered from plant to plant? I knew it was a possibility but not so soon.

60 months ago

I'm wondering, if you get an interview what do people wear to the interview? Suits? business casual? jeans? This is for a production worker job.

rooz11 in London, Ontario

60 months ago

I wore khakis and a golf shirt for my interview

60 months ago

I have always been told that you can never overdress for an interview. I work dress pants, dress shirt and tie. first impressions are key, but wear something that you're comfortable in and confident with. Cinfidence is key. good luck!

60 months ago

Apologize for the spelling..... just woke up lol

inlove07 in Cambridge, Ontario

60 months ago

I just did the simulation testing and I must say it was tough. I hope I made it through but I am proud of myself for just finishing it.... lol

ponchoman in London, Ontario

60 months ago

Thanks to all for the information.

I go for my simulation tomorrow. I hear it's tough involving weights and connecting things. I'm a little nervous as it means a lot to me right now to get this job. Can anyone please be more specific in what is involved in the simulation? How much weight do you lift and for how long? What else do you have to do? Are you alone or with a group all doing the same thing beside eachother? Does it last the whole 5 hours? Any info would be great. Thanks.

60 months ago

12 minutes ago
Thanks to all for the information.

I go for my simulation tomorrow. I hear it's tough involving weights and connecting things. I'm a little nervous as it means a lot to me right now to get this job. Can anyone please be more specific in what is involved in the simulation? How much weight do you lift and for how long? What else do you have to do? Are you alone or with a group all doing the same thing beside eachother? Does it last the whole 5 hours? Any info would be great. Thanks.

There is a post on pase 4 from bt81 that breaks down the whole process, the weights range from 5 to 25 lbs. They will break you up into seperate groups depending on how many people are there at the same time as yourself. Good luck to you. Cheers!

60 months ago

There is a post on pase 4 from bt81 that breaks down the whole process, the weights range from 5 to 25 lbs. They will break you up into seperate groups depending on how many people are there at the same time as yourself. Good luck to you. Cheers!

Thank you.

kingtom in Brantford, Ontario

60 months ago

Has anyone recently been to their 2 on 1 interview? How long after the interview were you contacted to come in for a job offer and medical?

60 months ago

Anyone? If you have been through the process it would be helpful for others to see a successful applicants stages and dates-from the application date right through to the job offer date.

dissto in Brantford, Ontario

60 months ago

i applied Dec 15
Computer test Dec 19
Work Sim Jan 3
Final Interview Jan 6

in the interview they as a bunch of behaviour type questions, where you need to give an example of when YOU were in that same situation, what you did, and what the outcome was. Google Behaviour interview to get examples and practice
some questions i got today were:
tell me about a time you thought your manager's expectations were too high
tell me about a time you did something proactive that would prevent future problems
tell me about a situation where you made a mistake and told your boss about it.
tell me about a time an unforseen situation arose that created a big problem.
tell me about a time you worked with someone you though was not doing their job properly
tell me aobut a time where you had to deal with fast changing jobs and conditions
tell me about a time you took initiative and did something that was not part of your job
tell me about a time where a manager made you aware you did something wrong

the idea is to have a situation in mind, explain what happened, what you did to correct the issue and what was the outcome.

Never ever say that you don't have an example for a question, if you really don't, talk about something very similar.
that's all i can think of. the interview was 45 mins, and i thought it went well, although i was told on two occastions that i ddidnt need to give as much detail.

now i wait for the call....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

dissto in Brantford, Ontario

60 months ago

ponchoman in London, Ontario said: Thanks to all for the information.

there are 3 stages of the simmulation:
weight rack
welder station
inside car wire harness connection/using air wrench to screw and unscrew bolts

the weight rack is the hardest by far. try to get it done first. i work out regularly, and this almost killed me. its 75 minutes of taking 15-25lbs weights from one rack to another, always using proper lifting form. think of it as a cardio class with weights ahahha, not fun, we were completely soaked from sweat. bring change of shirt!

the weld station is easy and actualy a nice break after the weights. you follow a screen that tells you which location to bring the welder to and you place it in the hole and wait for the screent to tell you it's done.

the inside of car harness was ok, but lots of getting in and out of the car, which was uncomfortable. also using the air tool above your head to screw in bolts was not easy.

if you exercise regularly, this is no problem. if you don't, you will be VERY sore the next day. 2 people walked out in the middle of the simulation when i was there....both from the weight rack.

60 months ago

dissto in Brantford, Ontario said: i applied Dec 15
Computer test Dec 19
Work Sim Jan 3
Final Interview Jan 6

in the interview they as a bunch of behaviour type questions, where you need to give an example of when YOU were in that same situation, what you did, and what the outcome was. Google Behaviour interview to get examples and practice
some questions i got today were:
tell me about a time you thought your manager's expectations were too high
tell me about a time you did something proactive that would prevent future problems
tell me about a situation where you made a mistake and told your boss about it.
tell me about a time an unforseen situation arose that created a big problem.
tell me about a time you worked with someone you though was not doing their job properly
tell me aobut a time where you had to deal with fast changing jobs and conditions
tell me about a time you took initiative and did something that was not part of your job
tell me about a time where a manager made you aware you did something wrong

the idea is to have a situation in mind, explain what happened, what you did to correct the issue and what was the outcome.

Never ever say that you don't have an example for a question, if you really don't, talk about something very similar.
that's all i can think of. the interview was 45 mins, and i thought it went well, although i was told on two occastions that i ddidnt need to give as much detail.

now i wait for the call....

dissto Let me know when you get your call to go in for a job offer. We are both on similar timelines.
I applied Dec 10
computer Dec 19
work assessment Jan 2
interview Jan 5
Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

kingtom in Brantford, Ontario said: Anyone? If you have been through the process it would be helpful for others to see a successful applicants stages and dates-from the application date right through to the job offer date.

there are lots if you look through the previous pages.

TRE_ in Niagara, Ontario

60 months ago

bt81 in Niagara, Ontario

60 months ago

Lads and ladys, IT WILL BE DIFFERENT FOR EACH APPLICANT.

I just want to explain to you guys have some patience. If there is one thing I can tell you guys..

IF YOU HAVEN'T GOT THE EMAIL SAYING YOU'RE OUT THEN YOU ARE STILL IN THE RUNNING no matter what stage you're at..

It's as simple as that.. everybody will get calls at different times, ref checks times won't be the same for everyone.

Check my posting on Page (4) for a breakdown in the process and good luck.

We should keep postings up if people come across new information. For example, I just got my offer and she gave me the choice of which plant I wanted to go to. So I hope that info prepares someone for when they get the offer. Cheers, BT81.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

yzb71 in Barrie, Ontario

60 months ago

kingtom in Brantford, Ontario said: dissto Let me know when you get your call to go in for a job offer. We are both on similar timelines.
I applied Dec 10
computer Dec 19
work assessment Jan 2
interview Jan 5
Good luck.

I applied the 10th aswell but I dont have my computer test until jan 9

TRE_ in Niagara, Ontario

60 months ago

Can someone explain the shift to me. I.E Breaks, start times, lunch, days of work etc. Thanks!

Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.