Toyota News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Toyota stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

James Taylor in Florence, Mississippi

89 months ago

What a small world it is. I am obviously not the only person watching for updates on this forum. No harm in curiosity. Perhaps we can compare notes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MJ in Grapevine, Texas

89 months ago

I was considering going to work for Toyota. I have never worked for a Japanese company, and I was wondering what a new employee could expect coming into a Japanese working environment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Me, just me in Orlando, Florida

88 months ago

MJ in Grapevine, Texas said: I was considering going to work for Toyota. I have never worked for a Japanese company, and I was wondering what a new employee could expect coming into a Japanese working environment.

They build the Tundra in San Antonio, good luck getting in. If you don't get in, apply at GM. I hear this article has a great job for just about anyone. <wink>

www.detnews.com/2005/autosinsider/0510/17/A01-351179.htm

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brian in Georgetown, KY in Richmond, Kentucky

88 months ago

James Taylor in Florence, Mississippi said: What a small world it is. I am obviously not the only person watching for updates on this forum. No harm in curiosity. Perhaps we can compare notes.

James, I work at the Toyota plant in Kentucky. It's the only auto manufacturer I've worked for, and though I don't work on the floor, I can tell you that those that do are the best paid in the industry, even better paid than the union T/GM plant in California!
If you are in the skilled trades, definitly put your app and resume in. They will be looking for experienced folks there, and getting in on the ground floor of a new Toyota plant is a great way to take care of your family.

My dad worked for GM (Delphi) until they went bankrupt and he took an early retirment. He couldn't be happier that I work for a company that won't do the same. FYI, unlike the big 3, Toyota hasn't laid anyone of their full time staff of since the 50's!
Best of luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Marcus in Atlanta, Georgia

88 months ago

I am very interested in working for Toyota Manufacturing in Alabama. I was wondering does anyone know what type of relocation package they have. The position I am going for is Quality Engineer.

Brian in Georgetown, KY in Richmond, Kentucky said: James, I work at the Toyota plant in Kentucky. It's the only auto manufacturer I've worked for, and though I don't work on the floor, I can tell you that those that do are the best paid in the industry, even better paid than the union T/GM plant in California!
If you are in the skilled trades, definitly put your app and resume in. They will be looking for experienced folks there, and getting in on the ground floor of a new Toyota plant is a great way to take care of your family.

My dad worked for GM (Delphi) until they went bankrupt and he took an early retirment. He couldn't be happier that I work for a company that won't do the same. FYI, unlike the big 3, Toyota hasn't laid anyone of their full time staff of since the 50's!
Best of luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

marcus in Lilburn, Georgia

88 months ago

Me, just me in Orlando, Florida said: Pay me, pay me, pay me, how much is the relocation package, give me money.

Just perhaps you, Mr. Quality Engineer, don't have the standards they're seeking.

Pay me & pay me more.

3 words for you GET A LIFE. People are asking real questions here and you have nothing better to do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bubba Bodet in Terry, Mississippi

88 months ago

marcus in Lilburn, Georgia said: 3 words for you GET A LIFE. People are asking real questions here and you have nothing better to do.

Another way to paraphrase what Just Me is saying... Toyota likely has a waiting list for new hires. With all of the Big 3 layoffs, a company that is #1 and still building plants will surely be flooded with applications. Therefore, the lucky few that do get hired will be the "cream of the crop", and will be so honored to be considered that they will pay for their own way in.

Did I get you correctly, Just Me? Or do you just have a woody for engineers?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bubba Bodet in Florence, Alabama

87 months ago

Recent articles have explained how Toyota has cut back on building plants in the US because the company is concerned about diminishing quality due to spreading its skilled workforce too thin.
WAY TO GO!
I would love to work for a company that really puts Quality as #1. Many say they do, but fail to back it up.
Cudos Toyota.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SRCM in Hayward, California

87 months ago

Dear Manager,

Thank you for your attention on our email.

It is our pleasure to introduce you the tricks to purchase a Japanese car and its parts economically.

Please contact us by E-mail.

Email: srcm-president@src-motor.sakura.ne.jp

Regards,

SRC Motor Co., Ltd.
E-mail:srcm-president@src-motor.sakura.ne.jp

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sam in Lexington, Kentucky

85 months ago

Good Pay/ benefits. Expect long hours, the VP you will get in MS is tough, got to be one of his boys or you are an outsider. Pay will be less than Georgetown; Toyota is driving tobe AREA competitive. Skilled in Georgetown make about same as California.
If you can put up with leadership, go for it. AT least it will be steady and long term.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

halspal in Aberdeen, Mississippi

71 months ago

"the VP you will get in MS is tough, got to be one of his boys or you are an outsider. Pay will be less than Georgetown; Toyota is driving tobe AREA competitive."
What's his name and how bad is he???? How low is the pay going to be? I have a 6 1/2 hour assessment test this month. Any one have any ideas what that will entail?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bruce Harris2284 in Tupelo, Mississippi

43 months ago

I am going for day 2 of the assessment test do anyone know what it consist of?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.