Toyota UK Recruitment process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Asura in Stoke-on-trent, United Kingdom

25 months ago

I just wanted to hear some feedback from UK peeps who have applied for Team Member on the production line at Toyota Burnaston this year (2012).

I applied with Blue Arrow recruitment agency in early August. I then got a call from them in the last week of October arranging for the online assessment.

I passed that and arranged a day for the work assessment (end of November). I just wanted to know, once you complete the work assessment day, do they tell you that you passed and arrange a date on the day for the interview? or do they just keep quiet and let you know in the post or telephone call?

Does it normally take 1 month in between each stage? For example, it took about 20 days from the online assessment to the work assessment. So will it be about the same from the work assessment to the final interview date?

Just curious that's all since I have found lots of info on USA hiring process (which is very slow) but virtually no info on the UK hiring speed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

dugstauk in Brighton, United Kingdom

10 months ago

Hi Asura, im in the same boat as you now, i was wondering if you got the job and how long the whole process took? Ive also been trying to find out what the computer based tests involve?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Asura in Stoke-on-trent, United Kingdom

10 months ago

dugstauk in Brighton, United Kingdom said: Hi Asura, im in the same boat as you now, i was wondering if you got the job and how long the whole process took? Ive also been trying to find out what the computer based tests involve?

Wow, I didn't expect a reply since my original post was made 15 months ago. lol

Well, after completing the work assessment day Nov 2012, I was given a conditional offer pending the approval of the medical report. They actually printed this letter out and signed it on the day.

But after that day, I heard nothing from them for a couple of months so I chased it up and they Blue Arrow said they were still waiting for Toyota to give them feedback as to when they were actually going to take people on.

Well I didn't wait for them so thought nothing more of it as I already chased them up twice. I assumed either they didn't want me or they were just stringing people along by giving them excuses that they didn't know what was happening. They do hold our information on their databases until their next recruitment drive.

After about 1 year, I received a letter from Blue Arrow asking me to complete a new medical questionnaire if I was still interested in working there (but doesn't mean I actually have a job with them). I lost all interest in them after not hearing from them for ages so didn't bother completing the questionnaire as I was already working for someone else at the time.

I know Toyota work on a JIT system and of course apply this to the recruitment process too, but it was annoying not knowing what was happening and having myself to actually chase them up more than once. I would have preferred them to say they were taking on people back then and it would mean other applicants won't waste time with applying.

People who are still waiting around for Toyota to give them a call shouldn't hold their breath. I would definitely look for other jobs coz their recruitment process it so slow.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dugstauk in Brighton, United Kingdom

10 months ago

Ok, that doesnt sound to great, But thank you very much for repleying so quickly and for the information.

cheers ed

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

star2k8 in Birmingham, United Kingdom

9 months ago

Hi Asura, have an assessment and was wanting to know what the online tests were like (maths in guessing) were they tricky at all. Cheers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Asura in London, United Kingdom

9 months ago

Hey guys,

Well it's not an online test that I did. Just a series of tests using a laptop based in their training room. You will be assigned a log on ID before you begin. Once logged in, you will be presented with a tutorial of how to navigate and use the application.

The maths part can be tricky if you aren't strong on arithmetic but there is a virtual calculator to use. You also get a pen/pencil and paper to work things out. I would recommend brushing up on your GCSE maths before attending that day.

There is a competency test based on your general decision making and work ethics. So brush up on those interpersonal skills too.

They give you 3 hours to complete it but I managed to finish 30 mins before that. So don't worry there is plenty of time.

After the test, they will actually let you know if you passed or not. You will then be asked when you are free to attend the work assessment day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

star2k8 in Birmingham, United Kingdom

9 months ago

Asura in London, United Kingdom said: Hey guys,

Well it's not an online test that I did. Just a series of tests using a laptop based in their training room. You will be assigned a log on ID before you begin. Once logged in, you will be presented with a tutorial of how to navigate and use the application.

The maths part can be tricky if you aren't strong on arithmetic but there is a virtual calculator to use. You also get a pen/pencil and paper to work things out. I would recommend brushing up on your GCSE maths before attending that day.

There is a competency test based on your general decision making and work ethics. So brush up on those interpersonal skills too.

They give you 3 hours to complete it but I managed to finish 30 mins before that. So don't worry there is plenty of time.

After the test, they will actually let you know if you passed or not. You will then be asked when you are free to attend the work assessment day.

Cheers pal! Is it standard adding, multiplications etc or more working out volumes/equations?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.