Tractor Supply Company Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Tractor Supply Company?

What do you like best about working at Tractor Supply Company? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

e1608126 in Orlando, Florida

79 months ago

Tractor Supply Company is an excellent company to work for as far as job satisfaction is concerned. I have been there for several years now, and it appears that as long as you are willing and able, the advancement opportunities are endless. I would like to say though, that the pay is horrible. It's really really bad. If I did not enjoy my job, I would not stay there, because it borders on charity work. TSC hires team members at just a hair above $7/hour, leaving you locked into that pay range for the most part(except for 3% annual increases). TSC stores have a high turn over rate due largely to the fact that most people cannot afford to work there, no matter how much they enjoy it. While there are many opportunities for advancement, the pay scale is dismal on all levels compared to stores such as Home Depot, Lowes.... TSC execs need to realize that if they want quality, trustworthy employees who will treat the company, it's assets, and it's customers as if they were their own, they're going to need to pay more than McDonalds.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (104) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

Jaclyn Brown

70 months ago

shawn h in towanda, Pennsylvania said: First of all, Tractor Supply hires hard. What that means is that they do not hire just any stiff that can fog up a spoon off the street. Secondly, they are not afraid to pay team members well if and when it warrants. Team members in many areas make upwards of ten and twelve dollars an hour (mind you this is unskilled labor). Advancement is available to qualified individuals, but be prepared to work hard. The saying "hire five, work them like ten and pay them like 7" comes to mind. In other words, pay well but still work people hard. TSC is a great company to work for, and I've worked for and managed several retailers. Turnover at TSC is at the low end of the retail industry.
Hi. I have been trying to get a job at TSC and I feel as if they won't hire me. I love shopping at their stores and I know that I would treat customers with the utmost respect and dignity.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

westies in Douglassville, Pennsylvania

69 months ago

Jennie in Texas gives an accurate picture of Tractor Supply, i was part time in a different region, and the low pay and load of duties on store staff is TSC. I was a good worker. It is a cheap-pay company that is all for the executives and stockholders-they can be nasty to their own store managers. Our district manager was fly-by critic, pressing always for more sales but not interested in resolving stupid policies that get shoppers and workers frustrated. Always pressure to sell extended warranties, no doubt he gets a bonus. I liked the people i worked with and most customers are nice, and it goes down fast from there, pay about $8-$9 with a tiny boost if you take on TSC's headaches to be a store closer. Full timers said health plan was stingy to the worker, no surprise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Natalie McIntosh

65 months ago

My husband works for TSC, and he tried for over 6 years to get on at a store in our area. Never did get an interview. Applied at a 2nd location in our area, was hired the same day. This isn't his "real" job. But he likes the people, it's fun and he's well versed in many areas and likes to help people. Unfortunately he's alway stuck working "truck night", which means he gets home normally around 2am. For people looking to get hired there, advice...do it as a part time gig, not a full time gig. My husband wanted in for one thing, the discounts. We now get a discount on our cell phone bill through Sprint because he's an employee there. It's only 10%, but that's better than nothing. I do agree they hire hard. My husband is 35, and has been a fitter/welder since the age of 17, has owned and trained horses his whole life, is knowledgeable in just about every piece of equipment known to man, and that first store wanted nothing to do with him. If one location doesn't want you...try another location. The pay is HORRIBLE. It's a job, not a career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

BOB K in Knox, Indiana

60 months ago

THE STORE WAS IN LAPORTE I RECEIVED A EMAIL FROM CAREER BUILDER SAYING THEY HAD SOME JOB MATCHES FOR ME. ALSO INDIANA CAREER CONNECT SAID I WAS AN EXCELLENT MATCH FOR THE JOB.I WENT TO TRACTOR STORE WEB SITE THEY ALSO SHOW THEY WERE LOOKING FOR A ASST MANAGER.I CHECKED THIS MORNING THEY SHOW THEY ARE STILL LOOKING.AFTER I TOOK THE TIME TO ANSWER ALL THE QUESTIONS AND SEND THEM A RESUME.YOU WOULD THINK THEY WOULD SEND ME A ANSWER.EITHER BY THE STORE OR CORPORATE OFFICE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Timmy Makenzie in wheeling, West Virginia

31 months ago

TSC, pays most employees min wage. While Team Leaders make $8-10 per hr. Most Asst Mgrs Make $11-12 per hr. and work 48-55hr a week. Store Managers make $40-50K. The bonus is nice for store managers making profit plan. Asst. mgrs and down can make a monthly bonus of $50-100 bucks. They are trying to compete with Lowes and Home Depot. They are getting away from their roots. I feel sorry for the employee's and managers. They ask to much for too little pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.