How to get a job at Tradesmen International.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Host

Do you work at Tradesmen International? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

brirae in Fremont, Ohio

80 months ago

LOOKING FOR WORK OUT SIDE OF OHIO.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cocytus in Fort Wayne, Indiana

80 months ago

I work for Tradesmen.
It's Ok...
Don't expect much for pay or per diem.
And don't make any long-term plans for a job.

Worked two jobs where I found from other outfits that Tradesmen was laying off BEFORE I found from THEM.
I just walked across the parking lot and hired on w/ the other outfits.

If you STILL want to work for them, call the 800# at the national office.
It's on their web site.

Good luck if you do...
You'll need it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

brirae in Fremont, Ohio

80 months ago

THANKS, SO DID YOU WORK FROM THEM AT ALL??

SO WHERE DID YOU START WORKING??
I'M A WELDER AND MACHINEST.

WHAT OFFICE DID YOU WORK OUT OF, TOLEDO??? THANKS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cocytus in Fort Wayne, Indiana

80 months ago

brirae in Fremont, Ohio said: THANKS, SO DID YOU WORK FROM THEM AT ALL??

SO WHERE DID YOU START WORKING??
I'M A WELDER AND MACHINEST.

WHAT OFFICE DID YOU WORK OUT OF, TOLEDO??? THANKS

I worked out of the national office,in Medina,OH.
They called me and I went out to two different jobs.
Like I was saying, it was money for work...nothing special.
Their per diem was lower than other people's and they didn't give you advance warnings on lay offs.

If you're a welder and you want to work contract, there are a number fo outfits that pay as good or better.
Check them out on this web site;
jobhotsheets.com/

Also...you're a "machinist", right?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

brirae in Fremont, Ohio

80 months ago

cocytus in Fort Wayne, Indiana said: I worked out of the national office,in Medina,OH.
They called me and I went out to two different jobs.
Like I was saying, it was money for work...nothing special.
Their per diem was lower than other people's and they didn't give you advance warnings on lay offs.

If you're a welder and you want to work contract, there are a number fo outfits that pay as good or better.
Check them out on this web site;
jobhotsheets.com/

Also...you're a "machinist", right?

YES, LIKE WHAT OTHER COMPANIES? YES, I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO CALL BACK SINCE THEY SAID THEY PUT ME IN THE COMPUTERS MAIN OFFICE???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kenneth W. Boudreaux Sr. in Houma, Louisiana

75 months ago

Please,give a moment to get in touch with you. thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Shawn01 in Pinckney, Michigan

75 months ago

I was "hired" by TI as a carpenter, but all the work they offered was 2 hours or more away. Their 60 mile radius was a joke. When I couldn't take the work, the guy got nasty with me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Blam66 in Hawkeye, Iowa

74 months ago

I worked for Tradesmen International and everyone was making the same pay all but one person and when I asked about it they said well if your going to complain then your docked 2.00 dollars an hour..So dont ask them any questions or they will dock your pay because for some ungodly reason this company doesnt like their employees to ask anything..They are a joke and I wouldnt let my dog work for them even if they offered 50 an hour..The guy in Lafayette, Indiana named Jeff is the retard that did this so if your going out of that office then your screwed from the start!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Romeo1dynasty in Lafayette, Indiana

74 months ago

WOW I didn't fully understand how many other people had problems with tradesmen I'm from Fort Wayne In. and I went to the office out in Lafayette In and they sent me out to Iowa there was people getting laid off everyone got short checks and the perdiem was a joke indeed and if you got sick from working in a hazardous enviornment (the sewers was were I was)you had to pay for the hotel room that day.the hotels were unorganized and when I tried to get a worker his room cause he was stranded in the lobby they told me to let him go home if he's gonna complain about it. now I don't make a point to blaspheme but I give tradesmen a 5 out of 10 for job satisfaction. Oh and if you still want to get a job there just contact their office in Iowa the number is (319)-294-1155 I'm sure you'll get a job quick they can always use people that are hungry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bizzy1 in Bixby, Oklahoma

14 months ago

RUN, don't walk. This company will offer decent hourly and per diem for out of town work, BUT will leave you stranded in a strange town with NO PAY! So, no food, no gas, no hotel room. Each office (from Tulsa to Oklahoma City to the headquarters in Macedonia, OH) has their own runaround. I heard " that's above my pay grade to handle" to "Chris dropped the ball", "corporate has to approve" to "the manager that takes care of this is in a training class 'til 5:00" Three days trying to get someone to approve a CommData transmittal, which you and I both know takes only minutes. Still no money. One of the folks at HDQ tried to help and said she was told to stay out of it. Something amiss here...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

vonkloack59 in Hellertown, Pennsylvania

9 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Tradesmen International ? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

I worked for Tradesmen and these guys are a bunch of liars and will string you along as long as they can and make fals promises like i got call me back in two weeks. They are a temp agency and by the way North Dakota pays more then $25-30 dollars an hour just look around. Tradesmen will low ball you all the time. The recruiter 's i had delt with were dip sticks

v

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.