Company is a scam!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 79)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Instant Karma in Attleboro, Massachusetts

93 months ago

Interview mill, will take you out on the job to work for a day for free (like their neighbors 195 marketing). Skip this ad- forget you ever saw it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

MA in New Bedford, Massachusetts

93 months ago

Instant Karma said: Interview mill, will take you out on the job to work for a day for free (like their neighbors 195 marketing). Skip this ad- forget you ever saw it!

I agree 100%. This place IS truly an interview mill!! My first "interview" lasted literally 5 minutes, then I was called back for a "2nd interview" in a matter of hours. It wasn't until I arrived for the 2nd interview that I was informed I would be taken to one of their "events". It was so lame, I won't even mention what it was. I was kept prisoner for nearly 8 hours. What a waste of time and energy. Two words of advice: LOOK ELSEWHERE. Don't waste your time! This place needs to smarten up; word travels.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

no name in Succasunna, New Jersey

92 months ago

The same thing happened to me.. i was taken to connecticut and I was trying to leave but I was stuck there and the worst part was they offered me the job... I was discussed please dont go even if have no choice...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

jessica in West Warwick, Rhode Island

90 months ago

Please watch out for the other companies they are involved with such as nova, 195 marketing, and others. I was very upset with how they took me two hours away to use me as free labor. I don't know how they get away with this crap.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Oh Joy Division in Providence, Rhode Island

90 months ago

Shameful the way these "companies" are allowed to misrepresent themselves in their ads. They aren't just guilty of stretching the truth or being vague; they are simply liars. The public should be aware of such places because not only do they take advantage of prospective employees, but they rip off good hearted people who believe they are actually contributing to a good cause by purchasing junk. I only hung in for the day of observation because my "trainer" was a pretty cool, cute girl. But after a day on my feet inside a Circuit City, I headed for the hills.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

TAMPA, FL GIRL in Tampa, Florida

89 months ago

If you see these so-called companies Championship Advertising, Tradewind Promotions, Pembroke Acquisitions, Payment Alliance International and Pursuit Promotional Group ‘STAY AWAY’. These companies are the biggest scams. For example, I received a call from Championship Advertising and thought it was kind of funning that I didn't fill out an application and he didn't look at my resume. It’s actually true what the person said earlier that my interview lasted about 5 to 7 minutes, and I was to show up the following day to observe them and to meet the so-called team leader who will show me around and tell me about the job. Well, I showed up the following day and met the team leader which I thought he was going to take me to the office or building where they worked at but it wasn't the case. I got into the car with 4 guys and we traveled across town to the worst part of Tampa, FL "Gunn RD" and I quickly found out we were going into neighborhoods to sell car wash coupons. It was a complete scam they talk about fortune 500 companies they represented but its all lie. I was held prisoner for nearly 3 1/2 hours. I couldn't believe they want me to sell things door-to-door. Lastly, never believe a job if they try to pay you under the table. These companies are cheating the government. So please believe me don't waste your time and energy. Two words of advice: LOOK ELSEWHERE. FOUND A REAL JOB.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Jennie in Elmhurst, New York

89 months ago

This is sooo True, especially about the company 90 Ten Marketing firm!!! THEY ARE THE SAME!!!!! I was tricked into believing from their so called description that they were an advertising firm that dealt with major companies like Marvel Comics and MTV. I too thought I would be working in an office near a computer and get busy getting in contact with these companies. Boy was I wrong! After I was called for my second interview I was told I would "experience" what the job would be like. So I went in a car with two other guys and we went to the bad section of NYC where they had auto shops. There all we did was sell stupid high priced posters and stickers which none of the auto shops wanted. OMG I wasted 2 hours in the burning sun doing cra*p and I immediately told the guys I wanted to go home! That was such a horrible experience! I won't trust many job listings ever again! Next time I will be more keen and be weary of so called "Marketing, Advertising" and such!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

TAMPA, FL GIRL in Tampa, Florida

89 months ago

Exactly, I couldn't believe I felt for their garbage during the interview. He kept telling me that they have the Orlando Magic and so forth as clients. This was the worst experience in my life. I too will be weary of so-called "Marketing, Advertising, and Public Relations jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Elza Monte in Saint Petersburg, Florida

88 months ago

I has the interview today with Championship Advertising, which I believe is also called Franchise Promotions. The job is a scam. Please look somewhere else. They are liars. The guy interviewed 3 people in 10 minutes. He never looked at my resume. Shame on them, and shame on us for wasting out time with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

dfj03 in Tampa, Florida

88 months ago

yep! these places should be banned. I don't know how they get away with it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

TpaGirl in Tampa, Florida

87 months ago

Exactly. Don't even bother with any of these so called "companies". I went on an interview with both Championship Advertising and Sloan Vinson Marketing. I spent a whole day on my feet and was exhausted at the end of the day, trapped in a car for a whole day walking door to door annoying business owners. I found out that these places don't even offer any sort of base pay, only commission. Keep looking!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

John Miller in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

87 months ago

I received a call from Payments alliance international in new jersey, can you tell me anything about them in particular?

TAMPA, FL GIRL in Tampa, Florida said: If you see these so-called companies Championship Advertising, Tradewind Promotions, Pembroke Acquisitions, Payment Alliance International and Pursuit Promotional Group ‘STAY AWAY’. These companies are the biggest scams. For example, I received a call from Championship Advertising and thought it was kind of funning that I didn't fill out an application and he didn't look at my resume. It’s actually true what the person said earlier that my interview lasted about 5 to 7 minutes, and I was to show up the following day to observe them and to meet the so-called team leader who will show me around and tell me about the job. Well, I showed up the following day and met the team leader which I thought he was going to take me to the office or building where they worked at but it wasn't the case. I got into the car with 4 guys and we traveled across town to the worst part of Tampa, FL "Gunn RD" and I quickly found out we were going into neighborhoods to sell car wash coupons. It was a complete scam they talk about fortune 500 companies they represented but its all lie. I was held prisoner for nearly 3 1/2 hours. I couldn't believe they want me to sell things door-to-door. Lastly, never believe a job if they try to pay you under the table. These companies are cheating the government. So please believe me don't waste your time and energy. Two words of advice: LOOK ELSEWHERE. FOUND A REAL JOB.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

dfj03 in Tampa, Florida

87 months ago

STAY AWAY FROM ALL THESE SO-CALLED ADVERTISING PLACES. YOU WILL BE A DOOR TO DOOR SALEMAN. GO FOUND A REAL JOB! GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR JOB SEARCH.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jaig711 in Saint Petersburg, Florida

85 months ago

dfj03 in Tampa, Florida said: STAY AWAY FROM ALL THESE SO-CALLED ADVERTISING PLACES. YOU WILL BE A DOOR TO DOOR SALEMAN. GO FOUND A REAL JOB! GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR JOB SEARCH.

Omg you are completely right. I fell for Champ advertising and what a joke that was. Anyways, does anything know about the company Sloan Vinson Marketing? Are they like that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Patty Cakes in Clearwater, Florida

85 months ago

HA! Yes, I can vouch for these "companies" being completely PHONY. I moved to Tampa directly after my college graduation and started working for Pembroke Acquisitions on Lois Ave. I worked there for about 3 days...I've never quit a job so fast before.

You have to use your OWN CAR to drive to 50-80 businesses a day trying to push credit card processing on them. There is NO base pay, NO benefits, and NO compensation for miles driven OR GAS! You're encouraged to take the shortest lunch possible (10 minutes) or NO LUNCH AT ALL! Every day, they do these stupid "rituals" to fire people up and compare themselves to Bill Gates on a daily basis.

The people there that were in it for the long haul all lived together and drove beat up cars...why? Becuase they WEREN'T MAKING ANY MONEY WITH THIS SCAM!! The "owner" said he made a 6 figure salary, but couldn't manage to pay his outstanding parking tickets.

The whole experience opened my eyes, and if it weren't for that job, I wouldn't be here in Clearwater with my dream job as a graphic designer for an advertising agency...only this time, A REAL agency.

Follow your dreams people...Steer clear of these places and save yourself the time and headache.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

Oh yea...they shared the office with another "company" called Meriam Marketing...SCAM A LAMA DING DONG

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ashellie Johnson in Tampa, Florida

83 months ago

I agree with Patty Cakes. I thought I was interviewing for a real job because I was relocating to the area. I traveled from my REAL job to do an interview with this company and I had to travel again for my second interview before I moved. I should have known something when the girl said, "Where comfortable shoes." I showed up the next day thinking I was going to learn something, and they kidnapped me and took me to Clearwater, FL and we traveled from business to business trying to sell credit card machines....how annoying and rude they were. They we aggravating poor businesses. By the end of the day I was sweaty and pissed off and at lunch when I was handling business with my real job, they asked to me to get off of my phone because I was still interviewing. I was like "WHATEVER." Had I knew where I was, I would have called a cab to take me home, but I ended up stuck with two losers. I got back to the place where I was staying really late and pissed that I was wasting my time and money on such a unprofessional and immoral company. Needless to say they offered me a job and I told them I would start money, and as payback, I didn't show up. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS COMPANY, PEMBROKE ACQUISITIONS OR MERIAM MARKETING...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

I agree with Patty Cakes. I thought I was interviewing for a real job because I was relocating to the area. I traveled from my REAL job to do an interview with this company and I had to travel again for my second interview before I moved. I should have known something when the girl said, "Where comfortable shoes." I showed up the next day thinking I was going to learn something, and they kidnapped me and took me to Clearwater, FL and we traveled from business to business trying to sell credit card machines....how annoying and rude they were. They were aggravating poor businesses. By the end of the day I was sweaty and pissed off and at lunch when I was handling business with my real job, they asked to me to get off of my phone because I was still interviewing. I was like "WHATEVER." Had I knew where I was, I would have called a cab to take me home, but I ended up stuck with two losers. I got back to the place where I was staying really late and pissed that I was wasting my time and money on such a unprofessional and immoral company. Needless to say they offered me a job and I told them I would start Monday, and as payback, I didn't show up. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS COMPANY, PEMBROKE ACQUISITIONS OR MERIAM MARKETING...

Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

AB in Clearwater in Clearwater, Florida

83 months ago

I just found your forum in time! I am supposed to go for an "interview" tomorrow morning with Tradewinds here in Clearwater. Thank you all for taking the time to voice yourselves! I have e-mailed the department of labor law advisors in D.C. about this company with a request for the name of the department and contact person responsible for investigating this company. It may be a futile attempt, but if I get a response and a contact at any level (local or national), I will provide it in another blog to this site for all who would like to file a report. Enough of an outcry and agencies will open an investigation. Optimism and exercising our rights and power as citizens are strong American traits! Our generation should be no exception in stepping up and defending ourselves against unethical treatment. So, that said, I am going to give it a shot....in addition to my job search! Thank you again for taking the time to warn others.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nightmare_in_Oldsmar in Tampa, Florida

83 months ago

This company is constantly posting openings on CareerBuilder:

Promotion and Customer Service Reps Needed
Company: Tradewind Promotions

Description
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND PROMOTIONS REPRESENTATIVE-NEEDED

Customer Service Representatives needed for a company responsible for introducing new products into the market.

We do not do cold calling, telemarketing or door to door.

We go to local venues, festivals, car shows, trade shows, etc. We do event-base promotions.

WE ONLY DO LIVE PROMOTIONAL EVENTS!

Please browse our website @ www.tradewindpromotions.biz and take a look at our photo gallery of past events.

If, you would like to make a difference in the promotions business and have a growth driven career then this is the CAREER for you?!

We train all candidates in:

Customer Service
Promotions
Event Management
Communications
Public Relations
Marketing

Job Description:

You will assist us in going out to the event and helping with the set up, customer service, public relations, communications, community outreach, interacting with our target market,product launching and product demonstrations.

This is a permanent position, so anyone ready for a stable career should apply today! Call Jennifer at 727 210 2949.

Requirements
Customer Service Representative (Bilingual spanish/english a PLUS)

Must have at least 6 months experience in some sort of Customer Service!

Must be able to get along well with other team members!

Have a Student Mentality.

Excellent Work Ethics!

Must love people!

For immediate consideration call jennifer at 727 210 2949. Please email your resume to [Click here to email]

Thanks for inquiring and good luck!!

83 months ago

AND, they are always listed on the job-alerts email I am receiving everyday. I will contact CareerBuilder & let them know on what is going on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

I just reported on this company on CareerBuilder.com. Hope they'd investigate or do something on this shady company...

AB in Clearwater in Clearwater, Florida

83 months ago

That ad is exactly what I responded to. It is my personal opinon and experience that to tell candidates straight up what will be expected and not spend all the money they must have to spend on turn-over and recruiting. Those that want to go door-to-door will go door-to-door. What they apparently have people do is so entry-level, a lot of people trying to get out of retail or inside sales and those screened out of legitimate jobs, could possibly want the outside sales experience as a stepping stone to bigger sales positions without being strong-armed into it. Why don't they just position it and present it that way??? Time to move on to better topics, they have had too much of my time already.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Buble-lover in Seffner, Florida

82 months ago

OMG Im so glad I found this forum. I just sent my resume to them and they (tradewind promotions) called me less then a hour later. I was scheduled to go in for my first interview on Monday the 31st, but thanks to all of you.. I think Ill stay home and get ready for the new year..lol.. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nug in North Carolina

81 months ago

Go to DC Marketing Inc. forum for more info!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nug in North Carolina

81 months ago

hope this helps you AB in Clearwater in Clearwater, Florida! let me know if you need anything else!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Skynet in Clearwater, Florida

81 months ago

Thank you for your comment. The same to me: I was going to the second interview tomorrow, but after looking this site... I'm not going to loose my time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

WowFactor in Las Vegas, Nevada

81 months ago

Wow!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

AB in Clearwater in Clearwater, Florida said: That ad is exactly what I responded to. It is my personal opinon and experience that to tell candidates straight up what will be expected and not spend all the money they must have to spend on turn-over and recruiting. Those that want to go door-to-door will go door-to-door. What they apparently have people do is so entry-level, a lot of people trying to get out of retail or inside sales and those screened out of legitimate jobs, could possibly want the outside sales experience as a stepping stone to bigger sales positions without being strong-armed into it. Why don't they just position it and present it that way??? Time to move on to better topics, they have had too much of my time already.

There is a serious pattern.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Kanon in Grand Blanc, Michigan said: Thank you all for taking the time to vent on this issue. In conjunction with rip-off report, I have managed to avoid two scam interviews.

I had an interview in Livonia, Michigan with Siler Milton Group. I read post after post of how they will screw me over, and how a man named Keith Baldwin cannot be trusted. So I canceled my interview with Siler Milton and looked forward to my phone interview scheduled the next day with a totally different kind of company.

At the time, I was unaware that Payment Alliances International was also a scam, but when the man calling said his name was Keith Baldwin, I about fell out of my chair. I couldn't get off the phone with him without scheduling an interview for tomorrow, but I am obviously canceling.

That mans name comes up in every single one of these psuedo-companies. I just have to recommend to everyone else out there who will likely fall into this trap, do your research.

There is plenty of jobs out there that will give you benefits and a base pay of at least 25k, that sound shabby compared to what these con artists are promising, but based on all these posts I am reading, people working for the scam companies are making less, no benefits, no tax relief, and they are doing humiliating work.

Thank you all for the heads up,

Kanon

Wow, it's everywhere. Sad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

nug in North Carolina said:

Thanks for the background info.
HeadsUp!

81 months ago

Instant Karma in Attleboro, Massachusetts said: Interview mill, will take you out on the job to work for a day for free (like their neighbors 195 marketing). Skip this ad- forget you ever saw it!

Wow, once again!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Oh Joy Division in Providence, Rhode Island said: Shameful the way these "companies" are allowed to misrepresent themselves in their ads. They aren't just guilty of stretching the truth or being vague; they are simply liars. The public should be aware of such places because not only do they take advantage of prospective employees, but they rip off good hearted people who believe they are actually contributing to a good cause by purchasing junk. I only hung in for the day of observation because my "trainer" was a pretty cool, cute girl. But after a day on my feet inside a Circuit City, I headed for the hills.

Wow. Sad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

John Miller in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I received a call from Payments alliance international in new jersey, can you tell me anything about them in particular?

Wow.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jaig711 in Saint Petersburg, Florida

81 months ago

nug in North Carolina said:

Wow, that is awesome that you got a hold of someone higher up so that they can take these companies out. I cannot beleive career builder allows all of them to be up. Is there anything we can do to get them kicked off? Keep me posted. thanks for all the info. everyone, very helpful.

nug in North Carolina

81 months ago

WATCH OUT FOR:
*Job postings that says something like "Hiring 20 people immediately for entry level marketing." (not only to they have a staffing problem, they are always hiring!)
*Those companies that have a 3 day interviewing process; the 2nd day which consists of shadowing a account manager, team leader etc. You will be out there door to door or at an "event" outside of Wal-Mart for 8hrs. without getting paid.
*3 KINGS MARKETING (which is also DC Marketing & many more) & THE LUPINE GROUP, FW1 (FAST WAX), etc. Because they all sell door to door or stand outside of Wal-Mart’s where they hold "events", there is no base pay, no benefits and you work 7:30am-6pm mon-sat!!!!
*MOST IMPORTANTLY-if you have any doubts, RESEARCH THE COMPANY!!!! yahoo or google the name of the comp! and...EVERY Company should have a website and if "its down"...that is bs!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

AnIndelibleMark in Bellingham, Massachusetts

81 months ago

I was unfortunate enough to be employed by Tradewind Promotions in the Summer of 2006 when they were based in "Providence" Rhode Island. That should have been my first sign, since they were not in Providence but Riverside, a suburb of Providence. They only said they were in Providence to sound more important. Like many of you who made it through the interview, I was made to work a free day at Walmart. After less than a week of "training," I started to be sent out on my own. I'd also spent the day with some interviwees, and had even backed one of them after her second interview to my team leader, who informed me that she would not recommend her to the manager because this poor interviewee had a mortgage, i.e., she was looking for a job that actually PAID. One day while with a girl who was about to be promoted to trainer, we were kicked out of Walmart for soliciting, even though it was supposedly ok'd by the manager of the Walmart. So this girl had us pack up our junk and go to mall that was not even close to on our way back to headquarters to that we could walk through it and basically harass people in the mall to buy t-shirts, until we were practically escorted out by mall security after we'd been warned several times to leave. By my 7th (yes 7th) day I had been sent to Circuit City in a small town that was probably 60 miles away from hq. This store, as I later found out that management had sent me there on purpose, had so little traffic, there were maybe 10 people that walked in that store all day, and I got yelled at for not being able to push product on all 10. I also got yelled at for showing up 5 minutes late, and for not smiling as I came through the door every morning. And this wasn't even while I was working. The work day was consistently 8 am to 7pm, and you could not leave early. Even after that, my team leader would call me at 9 o clock at night to tell me what I did wrong.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kimberly_K in Tennessee

80 months ago

i was going to waste spring break time to go to Tampa for an interview with SV Marketing... I guess ... I better keep looking...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

may ramirez in Clearwater, Florida

80 months ago

Kimberly_K in Tennessee said: i was going to waste spring break time to go to Tampa for an interview with SV Marketing... I guess ... I better keep looking...

yea girl, dont waste your springbreak, i just interviewed there, and when i did the shadowing for the day FOR FREE, DIDNT GET PAID FOR THOSE 8 HOURS OR THE GAS I WASTED TO DRIVE THERE; i realized itd be a waste. people look for jobs to make money not to waste money and waste and waste in hopes of making some back.

79 months ago

What a freaking scam. Reading all of these posts pisses me off all over again that I got duped for a whole week.

They tell you that you'll make 35k - 42k per year...yeah right. More like $100 per week...IF YOU'RE LUCKY.

Word of advice: if you have a college degree, GO AND USE IT! Don't waste your time with Pembroke Acquisitions, Meriam Marketing, Tradewind Promotions, Championship Advertising...the list goes on. Please don't make the mistake that many others have.

niki dakos in Clearwater, Florida

79 months ago

I just created this profile to tell everyone a little about Traidwinds promotions. What others have said is true. I went in for my second interview waited 10 minutes before anyone from back came to greet me. One girl walked by me three times didn't even acknowlede me, i find out later she was the manager that i was suppose to train with. I gave her the benifit and sat down with her for 10 minutes. She wanted me to go to Albertsons with her for 7 hours so they could see how i interacted with people while they and myself tried selling products to raise money for different organizations. Basically they are trying to get free help from people like me. I told them i wasn't interested. If your interested in sitting at a booth all day, which i have done and am not knocking it down by any means, then this is the promotions job right for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

SomeRandomGuy in Tampa Bay Area, Florida

78 months ago

You go for a first interview & they tell you they work with many fortune500 companies when really they work with a charity which only gets a small % of the earnings & they pocket the rest. They say Nascar but its a noname carwax that doesnt event work. Everything else is just knockoff products they sell to people who think they are getting a real Disney toy. They tell you they have 35 people interviewing a day and they are only looking for the right people to call back. Actually, they have 10 a day(maybe) and they will call almost everyone back.

You come in for your second interview & you are dragged out to an event from 8:30-6 without getting paid. What they do is only tell you what you want to hear. If you have a family they wont tell you that youll be spending 14 hours a day lying to people so the boss can make money. If your looking to make money they will tell you youll make $350-450 your first week & then when your promoted you make $500-800. TOTAL LIE. The trainers on average make $400 a week after putting close to 80 hours in.

If you act even the least bit interested they will take you back and try and make it seem like its hard to get the job when really they are willing to hire anyone who is stupid enough to believe their lies.

When you actually get hired you are responsible for your own gas to get to these events which can be over an hour away. Its a big cult that tries to brainwash people into thinking that in less than one year you will own your own company and be making $100,000. In reality most of the people in that office whom haven't figured it out and quit have been there for well over a year and are still making $450/week. You will be running a location that is making the top boss rich. You never own your own company. Its like being a manager of a franchised starbucks.

Stay away from Tradewind Promotions or any other company involved in Quantum.

I hope this helped shine some light on what seems to be a great opportunity. ITS NO

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

I went for an interview there. I replied to an ad that was for a company called "Championship Advertising" that said they were an ad agency that dealt with sporting events and teams.

I show up for an interview with my portfolio of advertising material (ads I had done, copy I had written and some radio spot scripts I wrote), and the first thing he said was something about Tradewind Promotions. Immediately, that threw up the "WTF" flag. My interview lasted LITERALLY about 90 seconds and wanted to invite me back for a second interview. Obviously, he didn't ask to see my portfolio or resume. I told him no thanks and left.

I hate companies like this. They're just a bunch of pathetic liars.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

You Are All Ignorant in Tampa, Florida

78 months ago

Im sorry to let you all know , that you are all ignorant in badmouthing Tradewind Promotions. Have any of you seen the trainers paychecks? Or been around all day to watch the interview process[ because they do interview 30-35 people a day and DO NOT call back everyone] , were you sitting in on someone's interview? Or know anything about the company? If anything, you're the bad attitudes that aren't welcomed in the company, and probably weren't offered the position. Good luck to all of you in the future, however, if you go on to bad mouth or criticize a company actually KNOW something about it first.
And , yes they do work with fortune 500 companies.. just in case you were wondering.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Let me guess, you're probably an employee and /or a trainer??/ Kudos to you for being successful in a wach pyramid scheme, I'm sure your company is happy to have you, but how about you get your information correct....I was offered a job, and after spending a day with those peons, I discovered that thier information and the entire process was MISLEADING and FALSE and so this forum is an outlet for us to warn all of the other innocent sould to not even waste their time with companies like yours because it's not worth it. Now it may be for you but it is not for everyone so if you're successful, congratualtions, but how about you get all of your facts straight before you assume that ALL of us do not know what they are talking about! I was offered a job and I gave them a start date, but I never had intentions on starting and if they were as clever or as smart as they think they are, they would have read my survey and found out that I was not taking the position, but since they had wasted my day, I felt they deserved a day of waiting on me to come around.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

The Rooster in El Paso, Texas

78 months ago

I have 10 years experience in events. Real ones not the bogus ones these people are trying to do. I started in the biz from a place that doesnt put out ads. These companies prey on the naivete of young people. Look out for vague descriptions. They also use the phrase"Fortune 500 Companies" alot, like that impresses anyone. Youll notice that they dont use NFL or any name brand that could get them sued.Our friend "you are all ignorant" fails to mention that most of these companies take a group out to the venue in a van. They do that because when youve figured out that its a scam, your car is cross town or further and your stuck there. Ive worked with kids who had these experiences and told me the horror stories. If you want to get involved in real events, start with your local chamber of commerce and the local screen printing shops. Ask around and do some homework. If you have experience go to workinsports.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

sadthateveryonebelievesthisstuff in Palm Harbor, Florida

78 months ago

As a matter of fact i've worked for the company before and had to leave for family reasons. Only about half of what you guys are saying is accurate, the other is completely fabricated. The company does hold approxamately 35 preliminary interviews a day and no, not everyone is called back. Only legitimately about 5 are. Anyone with any type of business knowledge would know that any marketing firm has a turnover rate. That's common knowledge so they obviously have to staff for that. These companies are built on opportunity and opportunity alone. They are a relative new company and work under a parent company called Quantum that is growing at a growth rate of 46% which means that they are constantly adding on new clients. IN order for them to ethically do this they obviously need coverage for all their clients.

As for the turn-over rate. It's an entrepreneur type environment so the majority of the people who leave leave during the entry-level portion of the program. Which is actually their plan. It's true, not everyone who enters into teh program would become a manager and that's normal. Some people just can't hack the hours, or just lack the people skills necessary to run a promotion.

Tradewind Promotions is obviously a marketing firm that runs promotions for their clients. They create exposure and generate revenue for which ever client they're working with. In order to do that they do promotions... if that's something you can't hack then obviously it's not necessary for you to apply. Please don't waste their time

As for those of you who have wasted your unemployed time on this site it's truely sad. If you believe everything you see.. especially online then clearly that's why you aren't successful members of society.

I encourage you to find out for yourselves. As for them using free labor that couldn't be any more true. If you get involved within the promotion and are offered a position they actually will pay you for the work you do on your interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

sadthateveryonebelievesthisstuff in Palm Harbor, Florida

78 months ago

Ashellie Johnson in Tampa, Florida said: Let me guess, you're probably an employee and /or a trainer??/ Kudos to you for being successful in a wach pyramid scheme, I'm sure your company is happy to have you, but how about you get your information correct....I was offered a job, and after spending a day with those peons, I discovered that thier information and the entire process was MISLEADING and FALSE and so this forum is an outlet for us to warn all of the other innocent sould to not even waste their time with companies like yours because it's not worth it. Now it may be for you but it is not for everyone so if you're successful, congratualtions, but how about you get all of your facts straight before you assume that ALL of us do not know what they are talking about! I was offered a job and I gave them a start date, but I never had intentions on starting and if they were as clever or as smart as they think they are, they would have read my survey and found out that I was not taking the position, but since they had wasted my day, I felt they deserved a day of waiting on me to come around.

Everything said on your interview is true... there's no way for you to know otherwise.. you never started. Sad! :)
Good luck with your career... mcdonalds is hiring i hear.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

To the idiot with the long name...I don't need McDonalds, in fact when I was on a lunch interview with a company like yours, McDonalds was all they could apparently afford because that's what they wanted and I spent my precious time trying to figure out how to ditch them. Had I not been so far away from Tampa, because they kidnapped me to Clearwater, I would have left as fast as I could. I'm so glad that you spent your precious time worrying about what I'm doing and that you know McDonalds is hiring, I hope you got your application while you were there... and you're SAD....I never started and I'm glad I didn't, trust me...It's all good...Furthermore, this happened months ago for me, I had a job when I interviewed and was offered an even better job after with a real company ....get your facts straight....until you learn to that...then continue your undaunted success running your scam with your fellow peons!

78 months ago

P.S Sad****** or whatever, you are one of the few defenindg this mess, and I am tired of talking about this and to you, so I'm officially done with this......you're sad that people believe this stuff, but it's more comments contradicting what you say, then comments agreeing with your bull....go flip your hamburgers....PERIOD

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.