How long

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Sr in Darien, Illinois

85 months ago

How long does it take for them to get back to you after an interview for a job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Charlie in Atlanta, Georgia

85 months ago

Usually you are either hired at the interview or given an appointment for further interviews. If you didn't get that you likely did not get the job. Sorry.

Travelers may operate differently but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Sr in Darien, Illinois

85 months ago

well my sister who works for allstate said that they contacted her the following week. they said that they will contact me either way. the interview was yesterday, and they said they had one more interview that day then one more today, and they will make a decision. what do you think?

Charlie in Atlanta, Georgia

85 months ago

Sr in Darien, Illinois said: well my sister who works for allstate said that they contacted her the following week. they said that they will contact me either way. the interview was yesterday, and they said they had one more interview that day then one more today, and they will make a decision. what do you think?

I said "usually." If that is what they told you then you should hear on Monday. Want to bet a dollar you didn't get the job? My reasoning is that there is no purpose in interviewing anyone else if you are the right candidate.

My guess is that your sister may have been the second choice and the person hired quit within that first week because he/she got a better offer. It happens all the time.

I don't know. All I can tell you is that in 50 years the person either hired me on the spot, invited me to further interviews, or never called again. I just don't see why things should be different now. You say you are Senior? What has been your experience?

Don't count your chickens until they are hatched.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Sr in Darien, Illinois

85 months ago

I am not a "senior" I am young. I interviewed with both the assistant manager and her boss for over an hour and a half. They told me how much vacation time I would have by december if I started in October, they told me that if anyone contacts me on the background check to answer my phone and get back to them ASAP, or they will tell them not to hire me. They told me its a formality that they have two more people to interview, and that they will get back to me either way.

I dont need your negative comments. Nice way to end someones hope.

Skywalker in Farmington, Connecticut

58 months ago

Charlie in Atlanta, Georgia said: Usually you are either hired at the interview or given an appointment for further interviews. If you didn't get that you likely did not get the job. Sorry.

Travelers may operate differently but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

Well in my experience w/Trav I was called one week later to set up a second interview. In my working lifetime I have never been hired at the interview (unless it was when I was a kid working at the mall). They always will call you AFTER the interview. Be it the next day or the next week (they have other candidates to interview normally) Really depends but that is just my experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.