Travelers Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Travelers?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

phoenix12 in New Brunswick, New Jersey

18 months ago

After submitting my application, I heard from someone in the HR department. It was a 30 minute phone interview. She asked a few behavioral questions like how you deal with difficult customers, important components of teamwork, current salary, etc. It's pretty standard. She said I would be hearing from someone regarding an assessment. I was called a few days later from the local Travelers office to set up a date for the assessment. She also emailed me a link to fill out a Hire Right application for a background check. The test took 4 hours. It contained some basic math questions (they give you a calculator), vocabulary, spelling, some claims questions with accident diagrams, and you have to draft a denial letter to a customer. It wasn't very difficult but they don't give you a lot of time on each section. I received a call the next business day saying I passed the assessment and I would move onto the interviews. My first interview started with 3 managers. They asked a lot of detailed interview questions. One was, "what is your biggest regret and how did you overcome it?". I thought this was an odd interview question. The other ones were standard behavioral interview questions and a lot of customer service focused questions. It took 45 minutes. I then met with an employee who showed me the computer systems they use and told me about her day. I was told I was done but then as I was leaving I was told 2 other managers wanted to meet with me. They asked me a lot of the same questions the other 3 managers asked me. I didn't hear from anyone in over a week. I was asked back for another interview with one of the managers I had met with and her manager. They asked me a lot of questions about what I did at my current job and they were very concerned with my performance reviews at my current job. I heard back a few days later and was told the HR director and VP of claims wanted to meet with me. I met with them and they asked me again what I did at my current job ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

phoenix12 in New Brunswick, New Jersey

18 months ago

(continued here)... and why I wanted to leave. They were very nice. I thought it was the best interview I had. I heard back a week later and was told they wanted me to apply to a different position but I wouldn't have to interview again. I was interested and submitted my application. I heard back 2 business days later and was offered the position but they hadn't yet completed the background check. I had to go to a drug test and it's now been over a week and my background check is still not complete. I'm supposed to start in a week.

The process is very intense and frustrating. They seem to be very slow. It has been 2 months and I feel like I'm constantly playing the waiting game. From the offer letter I received, the pay seems to be good as well as the vacation time. Everyone has been nice but I'm losing my patience. Best of luck to anyone who applies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.