How to get a job at Travelers.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Do you work at Travelers? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

tinaschultz in Cleveland, Ohio

88 months ago

I have applied to several positions at Travelers since
Feb of 2008 and once have I had any response to my applications. If any has any suggestions, please advise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

smuntasir in Wethersfield, Connecticut

70 months ago

I'm in Hartford, CT the former headquarter for Travelers. Around here Travelers works with Kelly Services for bringing in temp. employees. My first assingment at Travelers was through Kelly Services. Once I was wroking in the organization, I started applying to jobs everyday through the company Intranet. Also, I started networking with some very important people. I finally landed a job in Claims Customer Service. My suggestion would be to go through a temp. agency first. Try www.kellyservices.com and see if there is a local office that does contracts for Travelers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Phil in Fishers, Indiana

17 months ago

I did a phone interview with them a couple months ago, and it seemed to go well. The interviewer said she was interested, but she wasn't sure when they were hiring for that specific position. She said she would inform me if they wanted to do a face to face. I've yet to hear back from her. I don't know if she was letting me down easy or they didn't need to fill the position after all.

I've applied to other positions that I'm qualified for, but haven't heard anything. They certainly got my hopes up for nothing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

treatmelikeacustomer in West Harford, Connecticut

2 months ago

Phil in Fishers, Indiana said: I did a phone interview with them a couple months ago, and it seemed to go well. The interviewer said she was interested, but she wasn't sure when they were hiring for that specific position. She said she would inform me if they wanted to do a face to face. I've yet to hear back from her. I don't know if she was letting me down easy or they didn't need to fill the position after all.

I've applied to other positions that I'm qualified for, but haven't heard anything. They certainly got my hopes up for nothing.

They did the same thing to me. They said they were going to send the forms for background check and the test for the next part of the process. Nothing. Tried calling- it was like I never existed. Look on the glass door reviews. Interviewing experiences are more than 40% negative and I can see why.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.