U HAUL

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (18)

jessicabessette in Hermon NY, New York

99 months ago

Hello My name is Jessica Bessette,
I'm 17 years old, 18 in july. Im very interestedin working for U Hal. Im very reliable i have my own SUV, Im currently in school for my G.E.D and taking Cosmotology. Im more interested in working. Please contact me if the position is not filled. If interested im a sweet girl and im a hard worker.Im tuff i can move things clean, dive any trucks if able to. Please contact me
Thank You so Much for your time
Jessica Bessette 2-26-08

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Bob B in Moab, Utah

99 months ago

Jessica,

First of all your posting hear was a good idea because what you posted tells me and anyone else that reads this that before you apply to ANY job you should have some one proof read your work. I know that you have said that you are young, but your spelling, in this post makes you less likely to get the position. I mean this is in the best possible way. I have no idea or particular knowledge about you except that your not the person that will be likely to get the position. There is little "driving" for U haul. There is however a lot of paperwork and computer use. In this age I suffer from the other end of the spectrum. I have to much education and I am over 40 so they discriminate the other way, "over qualified". First of all U Haul is an employer that is on the lower end of the food change and I know that your heart is in the right place, but you should get some extension classes to help with spelling and computer classes. Best of luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

99 months ago

Hello Im very sorry im not the best speller. Sorry for bothering you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Bob B in Moab, Utah

99 months ago

Jessica Bessette in Hermon NY, New York said: Hello Im very sorry im not the best speller. Sorry for bothering you.

Jessica, You did not bother me and I am glad that you wrote in. I mean what I said in the best possible way. We, as people learn, by asking questions and asking for help and review. You ask for an opinion as I gave you one. I did not insult you or belittle you. I simply responded with construction information. This is the real world and if you want to play in the big sandbox you must understand the rules...Bob

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

99 months ago

Okay thank you. I was just in need of a job and i thought the u hal would be easy to work at.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

William in Mesa, Arizona

98 months ago

Bob B in Moab, Utah said: Jessica,

First of all your posting hear was a good idea because what you posted tells me and anyone else that reads this that before you apply to ANY job you should have some one proof read your work. I know that you have said that you are young, but your spelling, in this post makes you less likely to get the position. I mean this is in the best possible way. I have no idea or particular knowledge about you except that your not the person that will be likely to get the position. There is little "driving" for U haul. There is however a lot of paperwork and computer use. In this age I suffer from the other end of the spectrum. I have to much education and I am over 40 so they discriminate the other way, "over qualified". First of all U Haul is an employer that is on the lower end of the food change and I know that your heart is in the right place, but you should get some extension classes to help with spelling and computer classes. Best of luck to you.

Hello Bob B! First of all, you should be embarrassed. I cannot believe that you would address Jessica's grammar and spelling, considering yours is horrendous as well. Where is your comma before because in the first sentence? Someone is one word, not two. There should not be a comma after the word spelling in the second sentence. The third sentence, I mean this is in the best possible way, does not make any sense. There should be a comma before except in the fourth sentence. In the fifth sentence, there should be a comma before and after the word however. Next, there should be a comma after age within the 6th sentence. The correct spelling for the word to within the next sentence, should actually be too, because of the synonymous use of also, and there should also be a comma after 40 within the same sentence. The list of errors goes on and on within your writings. Honestly, it appears that Jessica has a huge advantage over you. She is young and she seems humble. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

William in Mesa, Arizona

98 months ago

Bob B in Moab, Utah said: William,

First, unless you have a Doctorate in English, or at least a MS in English your comments are unconscionable.That is a big word you can look up in the dictionary. A young person should know how to competently complete an application for employment without errors. That in itself is the reason that this country is in such horrible shape. Simply things that the students of schools today can't answer basic questions. Additionally, since this is an informal format the information that I provided her was to help her understand. YOU on the other hand know nothing about me, or who I am or what I do. It is obvious that you think you are smarter than you really are, typically, a legend in our own mind. I have been a very successful practicing attorney for decades. I have authored documents for the US District Court of Appeal for the Ninth Circuit and many other courts. You on the hand, have problems constructing sentences.
Further, I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Apparently, your conscious thought still leads you to bad grammar, bad spelling, and poor punctuation. I agree with you regarding the education of our country, but let's be honest. Where did you earn your law degree? If it was a Kracker Jack Box, then that would also explain the problems within this country. You mean to tell me, that you are a successful, practicing attorney, yet you work for UHaul. You should stop with your desparaging comments to the youth of our country, unless you are educated enough to help. Besides, now that you have expended all of your key chain cliches, I guess our conversation is over. Best of luck in the world of literate men and women. Jessica is going for her GED, so possibly you should think about attaining yours.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

William in Mesa, Arizona

98 months ago

Bob B in Moab, Utah said: NO,I DO NOT WORK FOR U HAUL...AND WOULD NOT WORK FOR THEM. ACCORDING TO THE US DEPT OF LABOR, U HAUL IS ONE OF THE WORST PLACES TO GET A JOB. THEIR POST,[U HAUL SO YOU CAN FOLLOW ALONG]AND APPLICATION PROCESS VIOLATES A NUMBER OF LAWS, e.g. EEOC, ET SEQ. AND NO, I WILL NOT EXPLAIN THAT TO YOU. YOU WOULD NOT UNDERSTAND THE LARGE WORDS AND COMPLEX SENTENCES. A CLIENT ASK ME TO LOOK INTO THE ISSUE.

JUST SO YOU KNOW THERE ARE $300K PER YEAR EXECUTIVES THAT WORK FOR U-HAUL.

THERE ARE NO MISSPELLINGS IN EITHER POST.I GUESS I MISSED IT THE FIRST TIME, YOU SIMPLY CAN NOT READ, LIKE MOST HIGH SCHOOL DROP OUTS. ALSO IF YOU READ AND COMPREHENDED MY FIRST POST TO JESSICA,AND YOU DID NOT, YOU WOULD NOT MAKE SUCH STATEMENTS. SO WHEN YOU GO BACK TO WORK, AND ASK YOUR CLIENTS "DO YOU WANT FRIES WITH THAT BURGER?" AND "DO YOU WANT TO SUPER SIZE THAT?" MAKING YOUR 6.25 PER HOUR, YOU TOO, SHOULD GET YOUR GED. ASK YOUR PAROLE OFFICER HOW IT'S DONE.

I WONDER WHAT YOU THINK GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO MAKE A PERSONAL ATTACK ON MYSELF, OR ANYONE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER. YOU SIMPLY DO NOT HAVE THE "STONES" FOR SUCH MATTERS.

Bobby boy,

Your immaturity and abuse of the english language continues to be repetitive and incomprehensible for a person with a so-called legal degree. Do your clients understand that after they take you on retainer, that they should expect a clown, who will make them nice little animals out of balloons? Or, has Barnum and Bailey's Circus prevented you from continuing that trade they taught you? Once again, best of luck with your Dr. Seus approach to business and professionalism.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tim in Waterloo, Iowa

98 months ago

Jessica, go back to school, and get a diploma.

Jessica Bessette in Hermon NY, New York said: Hello My name is Jessica Bessette,
I'm 17 years old, 18 in july. Im very interestedin working for U Hal. Im very reliable i have my own SUV, Im currently in school for my G.E.D and taking Cosmotology. Im more interested in working. Please contact me if the position is not filled. If interested im a sweet girl and im a hard worker.Im tuff i can move things clean, dive any trucks if able to. Please contact me
Jessica Bessette 2-26-08

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bob B in Moab, Utah

98 months ago

Well Boy Billy

I guess the monitor pulled my other message in response to your attack on me and my response. Well it would seem that someone else would have the same opinion that I did.....go figure,low life. Have you taught your kids to walk backwards yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

chaka khan in columbus, Georgia

94 months ago

You should maybe proofread your own replies before attacking someone else's grammar and spelling. First of all, your first sentence has an error. "First of all your posting hear"; the correct spelling is "here". Another error: "about you except that your"; the correct spelling is you're (you are not your as in possession). Yet another error: "I have to much education"; the correct spelling is "too". Still another error: "the food change"; I believe you meant "food chain". So before you ridicule someone else's spelling and grammar skills, check yours first. Idiot!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

chaka khan in columbus, Georgia

94 months ago

Bob B in Moab, Utah said: Jessica, You did not bother me and I am glad that you wrote in. I mean what I said in the best possible way. We, as people learn, by asking questions and asking for help and review. You ask for an opinion as I gave you one. I did not insult you or belittle you. I simply responded with construction information. This is the real world and if you want to play in the big sandbox you must understand the rules...Bob

Please stop giving advice because you are a spelling and grammar idiot. "I simply responded with construction information". I believe you meant "constructive"!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

katluvr in Arlington, Texas

84 months ago

First of all "hear" should be "here" and "proof read" is "proofread." Why don't you follow your own advice and proofread your work before posting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

catface in Arcata, California

76 months ago

Jessica Bessette in Hermon NY, New York said: Hello My name is Jessica Bessette,
Jessica Bessette 2-26-08

I would give it a try, and it would be good experience, careful what you read on these foums.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

catface in Arcata, California said: I would give it a try, and it would be good experience, careful what you read on these foums.

You can be a good employee at a crummy business and still have fun, learn, make money, and future job contacts. I used to operate a suction pump that withdrew human waste from large boats.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

- in Vilonia, Arkansas

73 months ago

RE: "You can be a good employee at a crummy business and still have fun, learn, make money, and future job contacts"

I have worked for U-Haul for 3 years. I love my job and have received good raises. U-Haul has a great benefit package, education reimbursement opportunities as well as employee discounts on major cell phones, Hotels, computers, etc.. You people should be glad that there are still people out there trying to get a job and not a free check from the progressives! I think you could have possibly offered help to the young lady.... your post did appear to seem a little downgrading however the intentions were meant. If I misspelled any words or MADE grammar errors. PLEASE FORGIVE.... LOL Lighten up and help this girl with a proper resume etc... since both of you are all that!
I do not think I have a crummy job! Just be glad I have a job and 1/2 your check is not feeding, housing , clothing, and buying me gas to go get my check! Fear Not! There are plenty others out there that are getting 1/2 our checks already!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

73 months ago

- in Vilonia, Arkansas said: RE: "You can be a good employee at a crummy business and still have fun, learn, make money, and future job contacts"

I have worked for U-Haul for 3 years. I love my job and have received good raises. U-Haul has a great benefit package, education reimbursement opportunities as well as employee discounts on major cell phones, Hotels, computers, etc.. You people should be glad that there are still people out there trying to get a job and not a free check from the progressives! I think you could have possibly offered help to the young lady.... your post did appear to seem a little downgrading however the intentions were meant. If I misspelled any words or MADE grammar errors. PLEASE FORGIVE.... LOL Lighten up and help this girl with a proper resume etc... since both of you are all that!
I do not think I have a crummy job! Just be glad I have a job and 1/2 your check is not feeding, housing , clothing, and buying me gas to go get my check! Fear Not! There are plenty others out there that are getting 1/2 our checks already!

I tried to help, and realized her post is over 2-years old, so please don't generalize, I responded to the young person kindly. So you have a job, that's good, and you like your job and that's good, so why are you calling me a progressive? Is it because I live in California? Where do you get off rambling on about something you obviously know nothing about, and labeling me as "you-people", huh? Read the posts carefully before accusing someone as ....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

softspill in Glendale, Arizona

71 months ago

Also, the word "hear" in the first sentence should be spelled "here".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.