U.s. Army Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at U.s. Army?

What do you like best about working at U.s. Army? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

SergeantRetired in Hopkinsville, Kentucky

23 months ago

All starting salaries can be found online. It is public record. As an example though I give you my numbers as a Sergeant, E5, with 5 years in service. With my base salary, BAS and BAH I will make a little over $44,000 this year. Only about $29,000 being taxable. BAS/BAH are exempt. Bonuses are based on a lot of factors and can never be predicted. The benefits are amazing for the service member. You can go for free to the Doc, dentist, audiologist, etc. You get a $400,000 life insurance policy for ~$30. Families go to the Base medical facility for free, off base the may have to pay a small amount, normally around 20%. The travel is obvious if you watch the news. Throw 120 days a year going to a training base, school or deployment training on top of 365 days of deployment and your free/family time dwindles fast. You can't beat the benefits and camaraderie. The perks and treats are what you make them. I always enjoyed shooting at the range with any weapons system.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.