U.S. Bank Pre-Employment Background Check

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

born2fly in Alexandria, Kentucky

71 months ago

I recently was offered a "conditional offer of employment" this is pending a background check, drug test, etc. I just had a question regarding that because I worked for a different bank previously and was let go due to the current economy. How long does the background checks take, and what do they look at? Did they do the background check prior to the offer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Make Money in Los Angeles, California

68 months ago

It takes about 1-2 weeks and they look for felons. what is on your record?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

BS in Riverside, California

27 months ago

The background check only took a few days for me and they did it after the offer. What the real joke was is I had an arrest 5 years earlier, I was 18 and was arrested for being with my brother's young girlfriend(she was 13, 14) at the time and she stole a pair of underwear at the store i was at with her. Although I had no merchandise with me, the store claimed me responsible because she was a minor and felt "i knew about it". I was let out and the charges against me were later dropped. The court literally thought it was a joke. I've had other background checks with other places, worked in retail/banking for many years, and this never appears because I was never charged with this in the long run. Well US bank saw it, and needed a police report, upon going to the courthouse this isn't possible to obtain unless you are the store or person who filed charges. In the long run they withdrew from hiring me. So for everyone out there, they check for arrests.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

clarkie in La Jolla, California

10 months ago

Make Money in Los Angeles, California said: It takes about 1-2 weeks and they look for felons. what is on your record?

I have a DUI does that matter?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Candy A in Texas

2 months ago

Hello All,

I have been extended an offer from U.S. Bank and know that I have to be fingerprinted and drug tested. I have worked for other big banks the last 3.5 years and even though I have certain misdeameanors (driving related) from 16 or more years ago, I have always passed. However, I was recently due to a family disagreement etc arrested in April but a charge is pending and I will win that. I know they look for "breach of Trust" crimes and fraud or stealing etc. this charge, of course, does not relate to that. However, is there a way i will still pass even though i sadly have an arrest and fingerprints from this year. I am curious to know and section 19 has been looked up and nothng of this applies to that. Someone, please help ease my mind.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.