How to get a job at U.S. Bank.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

Host

Do you work at U.S. Bank? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Leatrice Brown in Florissant, Missouri

82 months ago

Host said: Do you work at U.S. Bank? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

I worked at what once was Mercantil, then FirstStar and now U.S. Bank as a loan documentor in Olivette,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Leatrice Brown in Florissant, Missouri

82 months ago

Host said: Do you work at U.S. Bank? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

How to get in

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Don't miss it in Wausau, Wisconsin

82 months ago

1. need to know someone
2. have experience
3. be best friends with the boss
4. be good friends with someone who does the hiring
5. know a different language
6. have thick skin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

sxchan4@hotmail.com in Portland, Oregon

80 months ago

Leatrice Brown in Florissant, Missouri said: I worked at what once was Mercantil, then FirstStar and now U.S. Bank as a loan documentor in Olivette,

Laetrice I am currently employed at operations center in Olivette. What are looking to get hired in as?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

RAL in Harvard, Illinois

80 months ago

I am a paralegal--primariyyl I workd with mutual fund compliance. waht is the Milwaukee office of the US. Bancorp Fund Services LLC like to wrok for? Do you know anything about this or about the Bank's Milwaukee offie at all? Thanks for any help you can provide.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Leatrice Brown in Saint Louis, Missouri

80 months ago

No not at all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Leatrice Brown in Saint Louis, Missouri

80 months ago

I am interested in a position at US Bank. Can you help, I will forward my resume.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

AJENKINS in Granite City, Illinois

11 months ago

Leatrice Brown in Florissant, Missouri said: I worked at what once was Mercantil, then FirstStar and now U.S. Bank as a loan documentor in Olivette,

Hi, I am up for a job with the U.S. Bank in Olivette you mentioned you worked for. I have not so great credit and I owe my old bank some money. It is not a teller job, but in the communications dept. Do you think this could bar me from getting hired? Do they check into your credit?
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

LawGuy77 in Sacramento, California

5 months ago

I interviewed for a position over three months ago. At the end of the phone call, the HR rep. I interviewed with told me that they would notify me shortly as to their next phase in interviews and if I had any questions, to call or email.

As time passed, I followed up with inquiries about a status update. I never received a response. I don't mind being rejected but where is the professionalism to notify me about the rejection? It is understandable that HR will not notify every candidate that applies for a position that it has been filled and that they were not selected but for those that actually interviewed, I expect professionalism, even if the notification comes in a standard generic rejection letter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

DeVante in Aurora, Colorado

4 months ago

Just go to usbank.com and apply. That is all I did. I have a banking background so it was pretty easy and the interview was rather informal. The hiring manager joked with me and was really nice. I work in 24hr banking in Denver.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sophia Scarlett in Renton, Washington

4 months ago

Don't miss it in Wausau, Wisconsin said: 1. need to know someone
2. have experience
3. be best friends with the boss
4. be good friends with someone who does the hiring
5. know a different language
6. have thick skin

WHY KNOW A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE? Are they in need of Spanish typically for a commercial real estate department? In which I would work with home builders...I have an interview tomorrow for Admin Assistant if the pay is close to $24.00 I hope to accept it.

2 months ago

I applied for a position in Denver and was contacted by HR asking if I had experience in 7 areas, primary to the job function. I notified the HR rep. that I had experience in 6 out of the 7. The individual responded, stating that was "great" and that they would also send me a couple more positions to look at within the next couple of hours. That was 5 days ago. On top of that, the individual never responded to my followup inquiry.

I must say that having the education and work experience that I have, and having worked with a lot of big names, there would have been a little more professionalism on their part. Not only did they email me, they acted unprofessionally by never sending their second email as they stated they would, and they never responded to my followup email. That equates to disrespect. I don't know where they find these HR reps but I am not inclined to apply for another position with U.S. Bank.

If it were up to me, this individual would be searching the help wanted ads since they don't measure up to their job function and expectations.

2 months ago

For those interested in my post(s), I applied for two positions with U.S. Bank, one three months ago (I didn't realize that I had posted in this forum about what happened) and the other post today about a recent position I applied to. The latest post is another example of their HR unprofessionalism.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.