U.S. Cellular News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does U.S. Cellular stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

old lady in Beloit, Wisconsin

111 months ago

they deserve to go belly up. I know I've been ranting and raving about this employer since I found your site this morning, but they really are the worlds biggest hypocrites... unfortunately, they also have the best plans for my needs and the best coverage in this area. I do believe that what goes around comes around, however, and there is a big load due for Jack(ceo) and Jay(vp or whatever his title is today) and all their cronies down in Chicago.
As for rumors, they constantly flew around the call centers. When the new center was opened in Bolingbrook to handle the new Illinois markets, we thought the call center in Waukesha/Pewaukee might be closed. Then we thought maybe just our helpdesk would be closed. We never really knew for sure what was going on. Even if we were told, we knew better than to believe it. I've been gone for over a year now, and haven't heard any reliable rumors, if there even is such a thing. I know they raised prices on phone plans, and I really cant afford the one I had to move to. I'd say that if they keep treating their employees the way the other messages indicate they are, and keep forgetting that the company was built on the backs of small rural towns in Wisconsin, some other saavy company has a chance of taking over the customer base. Frankly, after the way I and many of my coworkers were treated, I'd do business with the devil himself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

USCC OKC in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

89 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does U.S. Cellular stack up against the competition?

U.S. Cellular is a poorly-managed organization that prides itself on the "good ol boy system" and its who you know and who you are doing that will get you promoted or dismissed. The culture is horrible from the view of the Oklahoma market or West Region as it is known. The regional leadership team is located at the Tulsa, OK office at 4700 S. Garnett under the discretion of Mr. Nick Wright. I would stay clear of U.S. Cellular.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Jane Doe in Janesville, Wisconsin

89 months ago

USCC OKC in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: U.S. Cellular is a poorly-managed organization that prides itself on the "good ol boy system" and its who you know and who you are doing that will get you promoted or dismissed. The culture is horrible from the view of the Oklahoma market or West Region as it is known. The regional leadership team is located at the Tulsa, OK office at 4700 S. Garnett under the discretion of Mr. Nick Wright. I would stay clear of U.S. Cellular.

Interesting, there's been some folks from the tulsa call center who think its great, then there was a regional manager who is on one of these threads who confirmed that he personally had done more than his fair share of all of the types of ABUSIVE, ILLEGAL, IMMORAL actions former employees complain of, with the knowledge and assistance of his peers and higher ups. Including the sleeping with someone. Its been a while since I've read/seen his posts, but I beleive the gist was that he was fired for being caught... probably ratted out by one or many of the people he ticked off?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.