Advancement opportunities

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

griffms in Alpharetta, Georgia

74 months ago

Are there advancement opportunities, more specifically into the corporate office, if i start out as a package handler. I have a MBA and would really like to work for the corporate office in Alpharetta. Should i be apply for another job with in the UPS umbrella to achieve this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

BeanCounterBabe in Carrollton, Texas

72 months ago

griffms in Alpharetta, Georgia said: Are there advancement opportunities, more specifically into the corporate office, if i start out as a package handler. I have a MBA and would really like to work for the corporate office in Alpharetta. Should i be apply for another job with in the UPS umbrella to achieve this?

There is a deep divide between union jobs (anyone who touches a package) and non-union jobs (administrative, technical, and management.) If you already have your MBA, you should apply directly for the management positions in Alpharetta. A lot of the senior management in the corporate offices are former drivers BUT it takes years with the union to work your way up from a package handler to a driver position. Get in touch with the HR recruiter for the area and let them know your interest in working for the company. There is a hiring freeze at the moment but you can at least get your information on file. Also, many of the corporate functions are staffed through temp agencies rather than direct hires so be prepared to be directed back to a staffing agency rather than interviewed by UPS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Skatealone in Tracy, California

68 months ago

Just do yourself a favor and take your MBA and go else where. Ups is not the way you want to go if you have an education.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.