Do UPS drivers mind delivering to a second floor apartment dweller everyday?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Mike in Houston, Texas

15 months ago

I understand that this might not be the most appropriate place to ask the question, but I feel that many people here understand the company a lot more than a regular outsider, so I hope that you don't mind clarifying this issue for me.

I live in an apartment complex on the second floor. I started a home business recently and I order most of my parts online. So almost everyday, I get a few packages by UPS. Most of them are not big or heavy, though occasionally they can be and the driver would need a dolly to bring them upstairs.

So my question is, will this kind of daily routine put a big strain on the UPS driver (almost always the same guy) for my area? I sort of assume that most of the business deliveries would be done on the first floor in a big open business setting which would make it much easier for the driver. To deliver for me, the driver would have to get into the gate, park outside the building and walk upstairs. I kind of feel guilty for this but at the same time, there isn't much I can do because the merchants I order from almost always use UPS.

I did ask the driver once and he said it was alright. But of course he could be just being polite.

At some point I will definitely move out and rent a small storage/warehouse kind of place for my operation, but I do not expect this to happen within the next few months.

Your opinions on this situation would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

EF in Wildwood, Florida

14 months ago

It's just part of the job, we take it in stride. If it puts your mind at ease
the Driver is making $26/hr, he'll be fine. Don't forget to offer him a bottle of
water on occasion.

Elevators are nice, but the 2nd floor is a breeze for a seasoned driver.

Mike in Houston, Texas

14 months ago

Thank you so much for your reply!

Jonny K in Saint Paul

13 months ago

Heck, the package truck guys here in the Twin Cities make $32/hr currently. I would not get too concerned, I guy an be expected to work pretty hard for that kind of money.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.