Is there really a high turnover rate?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Kurys in Indianapolis, Indiana

48 months ago

I always hear that UPS has a high turnover rate for package handlers? It just doesn't seem so, because I check the UPS career website weekly, now daily since late December; they never have any job postings for the Indianapolis area (I think there are three hubs?).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

YoungGun in El Sobrante, California

47 months ago

Well let me say after doing seasonal work for them this past holiday season... I know I hated the job. Only stuck with it for the extra money. After the season was over, NO WAY I'm going back ever again.. Its a extremely physical job, overwhelming for me as is the reason why so many don't last. I know a few of the ones that were in my group when I started dropped out after the first couple weeks.
They work you to death. Was an unloader, seemed like I was never fast enough for them (they wanted a full 18wheeler truck empty in 30mins doing it all by myself) So yea.. They said they are always hiring at the hub near me just because of the high turnover rate there.
All I can say is good luck to anyone trying to apply for this job. Be ready for very physical work. I've had my experience there and looking back, it really wasn't worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.