Jobs besides package handler

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Nashville bound in Nashville, Tennessee

79 months ago

I wanted to know if you can start out as something besied a package handler? Also, I wanted to know if there is a way to get in corporate. I have a degree and obviously $9 part time wont help me pay off student loans. I have Been reading a ton and it seems like only discussions are about people startinng off in docks. I had an interview about an operations agent, anyone know what kind of career path this may have?

Thanks in advance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Nashville bound in Nashville, Tennessee

78 months ago

ANYONE??

Radar in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

78 months ago

They hire within.

Stan Cooks in atlanta, Georgia

77 months ago

Yes, it is possible to get a position other than package handler, but you must have the credentials to do so. They usually hire people for certain jobs from within, but they do deviate for certain positions, granted that that person qualifies for it. So while it does suck for awhile, your chances of getting the job you want will be better than if you were a first time applicant. Don't expect a full time job at UPS if you're just starting out from college. Yes it happens, but not as often. It's much easier to get into corporate if you establish a profile in operations first. Believe it or not, management does keep a watchful eye out on prospective employee. Be good on service and have good attendance and you'll definitely be in their good graces. Networking is also another good approach. Knowing people can definitely help you out (even more so at UPS). Learn names and learn faces. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Freenacious in Houston, Texas

65 months ago

Yes..I was made an offer to start for UPS full-time and not as a package handler. I too have a bachelors degree, in Business. We'll see how it works out in the upcoming months.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.