Package Handlers Jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1451 to 1500 of 1507)
Page:  « First « Previous   27  28  29  30  31  Next »   Last »

Ohbetboom in Surprise, Arizona

28 months ago

So, I applied online for a UPS part time package handler job. I have a tour appointment next week. I'm super stoked that I finally got a chance to actually apply because most of the time the positions are already gone. Also, my grandpa retired through UPS, and he's always told me nothing but good reasons to work there. What are my chances of getting employed? I really want the job because I've read and heard from my friend that also works there, that it's overall a great job to have. Is the job a permanent position? What should I do to get employed? What answers are they looking for? I would just like some advice? What should I wear to the tour? What should I say? Should I mention my grandpa and my friend? Also, I want to go to college so the hours would be great, also looking at trying to become full time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

vlavender in Oakland, California

25 months ago

Elizabeth Webb in Maysville, North Carolina said: I seek part-time employment with this company.

YES

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

yes i am seeking to be employeed but what are the requirement to take the test

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

bobcat5023 in Grand Prairie, Texas

25 months ago

Yes is the ups airport hub better than working at the trucking hub?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

Im really appoligitic for not printing out my appliacation but will promise to be better prepared next interview if Im given the oppurtunity. My ambition skills to keep everything is outstand but I learn form mistake and try my hardest to not repeat them.

Janae in New Castle, Delaware

24 months ago

Does anyone work at the UPS warehouse in Newark, DE that I can most likely use as a name that I know so I can have a better chance of working at Ups. I got a interview last month but never heard back and the provided email and number didn't work. I'm in college and really need a job and want to work at UPS but its tough to find a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sickflow in Grand Ledge, Michigan

22 months ago

I have been looking all over the internet, yet i have not been able to find a definite answer. Does the package handler position require a drug test? If so, when after the tour process will this take place?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Granala in Owatonna, Minnesota

21 months ago

Hello, I seem to be having the same problem each time I do this. After I finish making an account and profile for UPS's website, and I try to fill out an application, where it tells me what position I want and to click on where it says "select" in blue. Every time I click on it, it says: "There are no appointments available at this time." And I am not allowed to fill out any application at all or make any appointments.

A few moths ago, after this happened I went into their building and asked a manager why this was happening, he said he didn't know, and that I should give him my number so he could call me back. Well, he never called me back, the position got filled, then the opportunity to get that position came up again, and I tried applying again, but I got the same message again. Does anybody know why I can't get an appointment, or apply? Did they hire someone already? Did I miss out on the opportunity to get the job? They stored my information into their system, and I never got any e-mails, calls, or notifications of the job opening from them?

Why are they doing this? I would really, really like to work there. I am applying to be a Package Handler by the way. Anyone got any answers to this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Akia B. in Clinton, North Carolina

21 months ago

Hi, I have an appointment for tomorrow. (April 5) Is this a weird time for UPS to hire part-time temporary employees? Ive been reading the posts on here that say UPS hires mostly around big holidays. What are the chances (besides my willing to work and be on time) that I will be hired permanently?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ups_worker in USA

21 months ago

Akia B. in Clinton, North Carolina said: Hi, I have an appointment for tomorrow. (April 5) Is this a weird time for UPS to hire part-time temporary employees?....

UPS does hire many people during the Thanksgiving/Xmas holidays, but only for several weeks. Most of those people are then laid off at the end of December or after New Year’s Eve.

They are called seasonal employees and they are not permanent.

Now would be a good time to be hired.

If the interview goes well and they hire you, you will indeed be permanent.

WarEagleAU in Auburn, Alabama

20 months ago

Hey all,

Just a few questions; I'm going in for an appointment/interview for PTPH Friday morning at 5:55am and was just curious what exactly to expect. Naturally I'll wear business casual attire, but would it be correct to bring my resume regardless? I've worked in the airlines in the past scanning and tossing bags so I was just curious if that may stand out in relation to the work I would be doing. And also since this is a smaller center, should I expect there to be a large group interviewing with me also? And is this an odd time to be getting hired on just prior to the summer? It's southern heat, so I already know what to expect there.

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

tuck2388 in Miami, Florida

19 months ago

Hey 30 year upser, or any UPS employees that can help. I have read several posts and I cannot find anything related to my situation. I have already done the tour and had an interview. I was told I would have a background check and the HR rep told me to fill out additional forms on the UPS website. They were w4s and direct deposit info. Is this something they give everyone and then weed them out by background checks after? Or does this mean I will be hired. There was no second interview. Thanks.

Vic in Montclair, California

19 months ago

So I'm a new hire and I just started my second week of actually working. 3 weeks ago was hired on, completed my training, and about to finish my second week of unloading containers. Yesterday, 5-22-13, I was at a friends house before I left for my shift, which started at 10:30pm. At approximately 10, I began feeling light headed and nauseous. I passed out, or "fainted", and woke up soon after. I felt sick and ended up throwing up. I think it was something I ate before I left to work, or maybe dehydration from working out in the sun all day without much water. Anyways, a few minutes after all of that, at around 10:10, I tried calling my supervisor for intra-sort, (minutes before my shift started!), using the number on a sticker I was given to put on my ID just in case, to let him know what had happened. No answer, so I left a message explaining what had happened and asked for my supervisor to call back asap. I felt funny about the voice mail, so I called again a little while later and tried to explain again what happened in better detail and that I was not gonna make it. Still no answer but left another voice mail. Anyways what I'm trying to get at is, is there a possibility I can get fired for calling in on such short notice while on my probation period? When I left the second voice mail, I mentioned I was concerned about the safety of my new job and said I would come in tonite, 5-23-13, and talk with my supervisor about what happened. I have yet to receive a call and I do no want to be let go because of this unfortunate incident. If anyone could help or at least give some insight on to what can happen or any advice, it would be greatly appreciated! I'm going in to work later praying all is well and hoping I still have a job because I really do need it so it can help me pay off school loans for the time being.

NHMom in Amherst, New Hampshire

19 months ago

This may be a silly question that has already been answered elsewhere, but I've read this thread and searched and don't see it, so have to ask...

My son interviewed yesterday morning (group / tour) and was called a few hours later asking if he was still interested. ("yes") Second interview scheduled Tuesday 5:00 am (it's the sunrise shift).

In yesterday's group screening, information was given about the position and benefits. My son came away with the impression that they are hiring for seasonal positions, which strikes me as quite odd since we are just at the end of May, entering summer. I suspect he's mixed some information together.

Anybody have any thoughts or feedback as to how a summer hire could possibly be seasonal? Upthread, somebody mentioned a "seasonal period" and that their seniority wouldn't begin until September. If that's what my son is referring to, can anyone explain?

Thanks much!!

30 year upser in Missouri

19 months ago

I understand your confusion. There are two times a year when seasonal helpers are used. One is during the Xnas season when we get a huge volume of packages and additional help is needed. The second reason we use seasonal helpers is during the summer months. Reason being that it is the height of vacation time for seniority workers. UPS allows us to take anywhere from 1 to 7 weeks of vacation and the majority of them are taken between May and September. Because of that additional workers are needed. Once the vacation season is over, chances are your son will be laid off. If your son was a good worker he will be called back, hopefully permanently.
Having said that, if your son gets hired, your son must make sure to do the following.

Show up for work everyday and on time.
Work hard but work at a pace he is comfortable with. In other words kill yourself trying to impress a supervisor.

If he has questions, ask his supervisor. That is what he is there for.

If your son does the above, his supervisor will remember this and call him back if your son is laid off.

Also, your son will not have any benefits while he is working...no vacations, health benefits etc.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need additional info.

19 months ago

Vic in Montclair, California said: So I'm a new hire and I just started my second week of actually working. 3 weeks ago was hired on, completed my training, and about to finish my second week of unloading containers. Yesterday, 5-22-13, I was at a friends house before I left for my shift, which started at 10:30pm. At approximately 10, I began feeling light headed and nauseous. I passed out, or "fainted", and woke up soon after. I felt sick and ended up throwing up. I think it was something I ate before I left to work, or maybe dehydration from working out in the sun all day without much water. Anyways, a few minutes after all of that, at around 10:10, I tried calling my supervisor for intra-sort, (minutes before my shift started!), using the number on a sticker I was given to put on my ID just in case, to let him know what had happened. No answer, so I left a message explaining what had happened and asked for my supervisor to call back asap. I felt funny about the voice mail, so I called again a little while later and tried to explain again what happened in better detail and that I was not gonna make it.

If you are a good worker, you should be okay. The fact that you left a message should be enough. It proved that you did call in. If the supervisor takes you aside, tell him what happened. Hey if you're sick, you're sick. Like I said if you are a good worker and if this was the first time you called in,ou should be okay.

19 months ago

30 year upser in Missouri said: I understand your confusion. There are two times a year when seasonal helpers are used. One is during the Xnas season when we get a huge volume of packages and additional help is needed. The second reason we use seasonal helpers is during the summer months. Reason being that it is the height of vacation time for seniority workers. UPS allows us to take anywhere from 1 to 7 weeks of vacation and the majority of them are taken between May and September. Because of that additional workers are needed. Once the vacation season is over, chances are your son will be laid off. If your son was a good worker he will be called back, hopefully permanently.
Having said that, if your son gets hired, your son must make sure to do the following.

Work hard but work at a pace he is comfortable with. In other words kill yourself trying to impress a supervisor.

If your son does the above, his supervisor will remember this and call him back if your son is laid off.

Also, your son will not have any benefits while he is working...no vacations, health benefits etc.

I meant to say, DON'T kill yourself trying to impress his supervisor. LOL

NHMom in Amherst, New Hampshire

19 months ago

30 year -- Thank you for your response! Very helpful.

30 year upser in Missouri said: I meant to say, DON'T kill yourself trying to impress his supervisor. LOL

:-) Was hoping that's what you meant!

One more question, if you don't mind: My son is going to have to use UPS (or something else) as one of two jobs, and it looks as if the sunrise shift won't be feasible for him. (He just started another job that has him working until midnight.)

Do they ever consider someone for a different shift if they initially talked about the sunrise?

ups_worker in USA

19 months ago

Good to see you back “30 year upser”!

Your responses on this forum have always been extremely useful, very helpful, and very wise for me and for many others.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge on the inner workings of UPS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

tuck2388 in Miami, Florida

19 months ago

30 year upser in Missouri said: I understand your confusion. There are two times a year when seasonal helpers are used. One is during the Xnas season when we get a huge volume of packages and additional help is needed. The second reason we use seasonal helpers is during the summer months. Reason being that it is the height of vacation time for seniority workers. UPS allows us to take anywhere from 1 to 7 weeks of vacation and the majority of them are taken between May and September. Because of that additional workers are needed. Once the vacation season is over, chances are your son will be laid off. If your son was a good worker he will be called back, hopefully permanently.

30 year, I recently got hired for a package handler. While going through the process, the HR rep never mentioned it being seasonal, they would have told me right? I was under the impression that it was permanent, but I see you mentioned that they sometimes hire for the summer. Being that it starts at the end of next month, is it possible that's what I got hired for? I was really hoping for a permanent position, any thoughts would be great, thanks.

Brian Lopez in Newark, New Jersey

18 months ago

Thanks UPSer for your answers in all these pages :)

So i went for an tour/interview and had a "religious accomodation" for 1 day that i can't make that particular night shift(I told him i can work any other shift) What are the chances of getting a call back? about 20 people were interviewed. Also i just noticed UPS resumed hiring for twilight and night shifts(only night shift was available when i applied). Thanks!

Jobseeker84 in Atlanta, Georgia

18 months ago

Brian Lopez in Newark, New Jersey said: Thanks UPSer for your answers in all these pages :)

So i went for an tour/interview and had a "religious accomodation" for 1 day that i can't make that particular night shift(I told him i can work any other shift) What are the chances of getting a call back? about 20 people were interviewed. Also i just noticed UPS resumed hiring for twilight and night shifts(only night shift was available when i applied). Thanks!

Best of luck to you. I know when I tried to work with them through a staffing agency, they would not provide religious observance accommodation, despite telling them I would work any other set of hours outside that. This was with Staffmark for a UPS contract position. If you talk with the right people, they will accommodate you, I've had it happen in the past, but it's harder now though. I mean it's not like we are clubbing (which I don't do anyway) or going out to eat or shopping on during those hours.

The important thing is your were upfront, go out on faith and see what happens. If they don't then that's not the place God has for you to work.

juanita manion in louisville, Kentucky

18 months ago

Jambo in Reston, Virginia said: Has anyone ever been rehired for UPS? I miss the job and I would love to join the team again, but whenever I try to do the application online, it says that I am not currently eligible for rehire.

I had the same prob .keep trying thats what i did and now i have a interview .

LLH

17 months ago

Question! Just got my invite to apply for the 4-10pm package sorting position here in WA state. My question is, wanna make sure this is a PERMANENT position that can lead to full time and not just summer seasonal. Also, from what Iam understanding by working for UPS you are a teamster...and Iam wondering what union dues are like. I have a ft job now, but its VERY tight financially, so I would prob work the job I have now before my shift at UPS and on weekends when Id be off at UPS.. Wanted to make sure its worth it!! Have heard nothing but good!

Sevv in Chicago, Illinois

16 months ago

So, finally, after two years applying on and off, I was able to schedule an interview for a PTPH! And bonus: It is at the O'Hare (Franklin Park) location, which is closest to my house. I have a question about the facility, I know that it is outdoors and it is close to O'Hare airport, but is it actually the airport? Will I be loading and unloading planes? I received a call from the HR there, and he seemed hurried, but he did mention that the FAA required a more extensive background check? Does anyone have any information regarding this location? I have an interview in a couple of days, and the HR seemed eager to interview me (he actually wanted to see me the next day but I work another job so I couldn't), but I am not sure what I will be doing? IF this is an airport, what are the differences between the airport facility and the regular hubs in terms of working conditions/expectations (beside the planes)? I have an interview Thursday so I guess I will find out for sure then but any info anyone could provide would be great! Thanks.

sbmccow in Houston, Texas

16 months ago

My husband applied for a position back in May. He knew someone who worked there and didnt get a tour date until the guy talked to the HR manager about him. He went in for the tour date and got a call a couple days later for a one on one. He has a felony and he disclosed this information. She was very happy that he told the truth and his type of felony shouldnt be an issue. She asked for the shift he wanted to work and asked when could he start... He said immediately. He is in his early thirties but has a good employment history (WALMART overnight stocker 10 years). Anyways.. she looked at the calendar and said so we can call you when we need you??? And he said yes. Does that mean he was not offered the position? "Call you when we need you" is not very promising and he still has not received a phone call. Most people I have talked to said they got a hire date almost immediately but he has still not received a phone call and its been 5 days. What should he do???

Jdelano in Perris, California

15 months ago

Peaceful_Rhino in Broomall, Pennsylvania said: shorfi111 -

I am also in the Philadelphia Air Hub and was hired seasonally but started in September (without a seasonal id on my badge). Here's what I am hearing/being told:

1. If your son's ID badge denotes a seasonal employee, it is 99.999% likely that he will be laid off December 23rd. This applies to package handlers in the HUB and the ramp crew working on the planes.

2. If he was hired in September without the seasonal indication on the badge, there is a remote possibility that he may be kept on but depends on the area in which he is working...I'm hearing that they may try to keep some building shift workers but that is pure rumor and very few people were assigned from the ramp trainess to the building shift (were talking 5 total from my September training).

3. The Philly air hub is taking longer than anticiapted to get planes back that were rerouted to Louisville last January. The Florida planes were to be on line yesterday but won't be back for at least more 2 weeks.

Lastly, what I'm being told is to show up on time, don't call out and work hard. While it may not guaranty that he'll have a job after Christmas it will make him more likely to be called back when they are hiring perm. And telling his sup that he has an interest in staying on can't hurt either.

I wish him well!

I'm in the same boat. I was hired in September & I'm wondering if I'll stay after the holidays without getting laid off

Enorty29 in New York, New York

15 months ago

I have a question i applied to ups PTPH and i went to my first interview, and when i went to check online my application had additional documents like drug alcohol policy, direct deposit etc.. does this mean i got the job? i didnt get called for a second interview yet but my Interviewer said she would call me in a couple days

15 months ago

Enorty29 in New York, New York said: I have a question i applied to ups PTPH and i went to my first interview, and when i went to check online my application had additional documents like drug alcohol policy, direct deposit etc.. does this mean i got the job? i didnt get called for a second interview yet but my Interviewer said she would call me in a couple days

It looks promising Enorty if they are asking for back ground checks, drug checsks etc...however keep in touch with them.

15 months ago

sbmccow in Houston, Texas said: My husband applied for a position back in May. He knew someone who worked there and didnt get a tour date until the guy talked to the HR manager about him. He went in for the tour date and got a call a couple days later for a one on one. He has a felony and he disclosed this information. She was very happy that he told the truth and his type of felony shouldnt be an issue. She asked for the shift he wanted to work and asked when could he start... He said immediately. He is in his early thirties but has a good employment history (WALMART overnight stocker 10 years). Anyways.. she looked at the calendar and said so we can call you when we need you??? And he said yes. Does that mean he was not offered the position? "Call you when we need you" is not very promising and he still has not received a phone call. Most people I have talked to said they got a hire date almost immediately but he has still not received a phone call and its been 5 days. What should he do???

When being interviewed, it is important that the interviewee, in this case your hubby, get information from the interviewer such as name and telephone number so he can keep up dated on his status...
Also it looks like she is interviewing people for possible peak seasonal help at UPS, so all is not lost because she is probably amassing people a call list when they start hiring...tell him to keep staying in touch with the interviewer if he has a phone number.
Good luck.

feuerman1010 in Waterloo, Iowa

15 months ago

Hey 30 year upser,
So I am a college student and I applied 9/16/13 for the Part-Time Package Handler job. It scheduled me for a meeting that I attended that Wednesday, the 18th. It said to bring two forms of ID to this "tour." I showed up on time, and wore slacks and a nice shirt. The HR rep running the session told us that it was NOT a seasonal hire. He showed us how things were run then called all nine of us into the office separately and took our forms of ID and was going to run background checks. I was sure to be lively and show him i was willing to work at 0430 every weekday. He told me the background checks should be done by Monday and that was now two weeks ago.

I have called the place where I interviewed and they said they couldn't give me a number to follow up on, but they took my name and supposedly sent an e-mail.

I am very concerned because I am low on money and I need this job. I haven't seen any situations similar to mine anywhere online so I was wondering if you could help me out. Should I be worried about getting this job? How will I know if I DON'T get it?

Any info would be greatly appreciated

cindy 77 in Gaithersburg, Maryland

14 months ago

Elizabeth Webb in Maysville, North Carolina said: I seek part-time employment with this company.

Ups is not a good company to work for, Management are rude they work you to death for a little pay. One day i came in @ 5am and they sent me home @ 5:20 a waste of my time driving and burning up gas.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Rialto, California

14 months ago

tuck2388 in Miami, Florida said: Hey 30 year upser, or any UPS employees that can help. I have read several posts and I cannot find anything related to my situation. I have already done the tour and had an interview. I was told I would have a background check and the HR rep told me to fill out additional forms on the UPS website. They were w4s and direct deposit info. Is this something they give everyone and then weed them out by background checks after? Or does this mean I will be hired. There was no second interview. Thanks.

This is my situation currently. It's been about 2 weeks since I filled in my Direct Deposit info. I have recieved my BG Check as I requested a copy to be sent to me as well. So, I'm sure they have them too.

How did your situation turn out? Mine is EXACTLY the same.
-Tour
-Interview
-Fill out additional info(direct deposit, tax, etc).

Marj in Garland, Texas

14 months ago

Does UPS accept female as part time package handler?

Chris521 in Maryland

13 months ago

I recently got on as a seasonal package handler. On my first day of training I was given some safety video's and questions about safety to answer after the video. The HR guy came by and gave me a long form to sign and date, I tried reading it, but the trainer and her were asking me questions etc, and I couldn't read word for word. Anyone know what this form may have been? He said it was the same as what I did online. Thanks!

Brittney615

13 months ago

What does a air handler do?

nate in Ashburn, Virginia

13 months ago

Do they drug test for driver helper?

Chris521 in Maryland

13 months ago

30year UPSer, If you get on after seasonal work, then it's 30 days until you become Union? I noticed that supervisors etc aren't union, if you decide you want to do this, you can easily get out of the union? How can one get into other positions like loss prevention etc if started as part-time package helper? Anyway to stick out or show interest in these positions without jepordizing your current position? Just curious how the culture works there and how to get full time work there. Thanks for any info!

ilkh in Lake Orion, Michigan

13 months ago

Marj in Garland, Texas said: Does UPS accept female as part time package handler?

Yes

Brittney615 said: What does a air handler do?

Works in the airport (deicing, etc.) -- but not package handling, which is what we're familiar with. Start a new thread for more attention.

nate in Ashburn, Virginia said: Do they drug test for driver helper ?

No. But if you're injured while working and seek medical attention they might.

Chris521 in Maryland said: 30year UPSer, If you get on after seasonal work, then it's 30 days until you become Union? I noticed that supervisors etc aren't union, if you decide you want to do this, you can easily get out of the union? How can one get into other positions like loss prevention etc if started as part-time package helper ? Anyway to stick out or show interest in these positions without jepordizing your current position? Just curious how the culture works there and how to get full time work there. Thanks for any info!

If you don't live in a RTW state, you'll be union until you make the transition toward a management-classified position. There's a process to go into PT management jobs and an another process to go into FT management jobs (such as LP). If you're seeking a career in LP, then you need to need to meet the qualifications for the job. For FT/professional jobs, there's NO advantage to somebody working as a PT hourly compared to somebody off the street.

Shawest in Port Charlotte, Florida

13 months ago

Last year i applied for part time package handler, did my interview and after was set me up to take the tour, did my tour and a week went by and i didn't hear from them. Tried a few times to go and talk from the building (some career center)she was working out of during the holiday hiring process.(she hires for several ups in my area so she doesn't work at the one by my house and was only in town on certain days) when i went she was never there. And told by a lady not associated with ups i dont need to come anymore if they need me they will call (which is awful advise for a person whos job it is, is to help unemployed people find work)

About 2 1/2 months ago i ran in to someone that is a driver and told him and he told me go talk to his supervisor so i did and he told me that the lady does all the hiring but he took my name and info.
About 3 weeks ago they started hiring and i applied did my tour first this time (3:30am-9:00am shift)and haven't heard anything from them since. i called the building she worked out of last year and the lady on the phone ups was going to work out of the building again this year but they haven't started. Should i go and talk to the 3:30am shift supervisor or should i wait till they are working out of the building where she did interviews last year and talk to her? Or should i just re-apply again and do another tour?

RobBob in Canal Winchester, Ohio

12 months ago

Sorry about the Necro post. Just found this.

UPS has need in just about every Hub for package handlers. The chances of being a Driver are slim, as it's a Union Shop (Teamsters) and seniority rules.

IF you can stick it out for a year, the benefits are incredible. You don't pay a dime for them, and they are great. But most quit after a few weeks, or a few months. Especially if you are a "Loader" or "Unloader" humping tractor trailer loads of boxes... weighing from 1 lb to 80 lbs. Sometimes you get a string of 100 or 200 boxes from one company that may weigh 70 lbs each. As an Unloader you have to bust your back and place as many of these boxes on a belt off the trailer per minute as you possibly can, much faster than you ever dreamed of, without a break for hours. Then you get a 10 minute break, then you do it all over again. As a "Loader' you have to pick boxes off a feeder belt, and stack them in "Walls" from floor to ceiling until just about he entire trailer is full, THEN, you get to load Irregulars (E-Regs) that can be anything too large to put on the belts. From boat anchors to snow plows. They can weigh anything. So you are tired from loading a trailer non-stop, and then you have to somehow get a 250 lb snowplow up and into the trailer by hand. Then maybe a few huge truck tires weighing 80 lbs each that are just big and hard to handle. You will sweat like a pig and be beat to death by the end of your shift for your first few weeks. You get more used to the physical abuse over time. It's very hard on the body. And, you have to hump! Loaders are expected to scan and load 1 box every 8 seconds (you wear a hand scanner). It's not easy with package jams on the belts and heavy box strings that you are fed faster than you can load them.

It's a Union gig, and you have to pay initiation fees and monthly dues to the Teamsters.

After a hard year, you are finally qualify for benefits that are indeed supreme. If you make it that long, congrats!

Biff Bradford in Madison, Wisconsin

12 months ago

I worked as a pre-loader 25 years ago. I worked there for 9 years and would you believe that I still have nightmares about that job? 25 years later?! The endless stream of boxes that never STOP! =:^]

GGgrl in Charlotte, North Carolina

9 months ago

He told me to come back wearing work boots he also told me what days i can come back to try for the tour again so my question is why are work boots required if you just going on a tour, does that mean i am hired since want you to wear work boots also what kind of work boots im i suppose to wear cause it does not say?

kelz jr in Richmond, Virginia

9 months ago

GGgrl in Charlotte, North Carolina said: He told me to come back wearing work boots he also told me what days i can come back to try for the tour again so my question is why are work boots required if you just going on a tour, does that mean i am hired since want you to wear work boots also what kind of work boots im i suppose to wear cause it does not say?

Work boots, construction boots doesn't matter just rubber sole boots. The purpose of the tour/walk through is to show you how the job operates. You'll be walking around the hub during operating hours and it's for safety reasons. You don't have the job as of yet but anything is possible.

try this! in Lebanon, Tennessee

9 months ago

9 months ago

If less people show up for the tour do have a better chance of getting picked for interview?

kelz jr in Richmond, Virginia

9 months ago

GGgrl in Charlotte, North Carolina said: If less people show up for the tour do have a better chance of getting picked for interview?

YES!! I remember going for mine 5 years ago and the tour was only 2 people (another guy and myself). After the tour was over, the woman who gave us the tour (who was somebody in HR) told us to return the next day if we're interested in the job. I came back but the other guy didn't. And I believe within a 2 week timespan, she contacted me informing me orientation classes started the following Monday. Out of a class of 4 people, I'm still the one working there.

9 months ago

does the color of the boots matter because i have some timberland boots but they are not work boots, they are blue leather

Amestrya in Sacramento, California

6 months ago

I applied few days ago and have an appointment for this Tuesday June 17 at 6pm for the tour and talk to HR. That what it said on the website, but does it mean it's only a seasonal offer ?

Cassielynn14 in Louisville, Kentucky

5 months ago

Okay, I got hired on as a part time package handler in March and my first day was suppose to be June 19 working midnight to 4am to pay for school. My mo
Has a traumatic brain injury and I had to end up quitting ups and not starting school till she was fully taken care of. Now I need the job and school but I don't know how to explain why I didn't come to work in the first place. Any suggestions?

Page:  « First « Previous   27  28  29  30  31  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.