Seasonal UPS employment.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

schmitty918 in Louisville, Kentucky

58 months ago

Hi I was hired as a seasonal part-time package handler at UPS in Louisville, KY. I was wondering when I was going to find out if I was going to get to keep my job or not. At first I heard that at 30 days is when I would find out because that would mean I was in the union. But, some people have said that it would be after peak that I would find out. My immediate supervisor really likes me and wants to keep me, but he seems kinda clueless as well about seasonal employment. Also, I am after 30 days of employment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Stan Cooks in atlanta, Georgia

57 months ago

Worked 6 years for UPS in Doraville, GA.

Chances are you're going to stay, especially if you left on a good note which it appears you have and yes SOME seasonal employees are asked back after peak. I would still look around for other oppurtunities just in case, but from what you're saying you sound like a shoe in. If you don't hear anything after peak, call them. After 30 days means you have made seniority, not that you're in the Union. You have the oppurtunity to join the Union usually during orientation or Cornerstone Training. Union Stewards will also be an option.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

buster brown

49 months ago

Don't worry they are just getting your office and company car ready. Then they will call you to come in and it will be a big surprise. Congratulations !!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.