Skilled Pay?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Mike Yount in San Antonio, Texas

66 months ago

I am a spa person, but I have worked other positions when they need me to. I've sorted, loaded, unloaded and done irregs. I've been at UPS for 4 years now, for three of those years I have mostly spa'd. I recently found out that almost everybody that I work with gets skilled pay, from new employees to ones with more senority; from unloader, spa, sort isle, etc. So I asked my unload manager if I should be recieving skilled pay. He said yes and put it in the system. That same day I filed a grievence for back pay and my skilled pay just in case. Many paychecks have gone by since, still no skilled pay, plus Management was giving me the run around. One manager said he found out it wasn't skilled pay, so I mentioned everybody else is recieving it, so should I. He asked, do they have more senority than you? I answered no. Then he went on with some stupid stuff that made no sense at all. Today I recieved my notice on the grievence saying, that I'm not supposed to recieve skilled pay. So what should I do now? I don't believe it is fair that everybody has recieved this skilled pay and are still getting it. That means that guys with less senority are making just as much as me, doing the same job. What should I do, what can I do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.