They won't hire you if ...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Hannah in Willisburg, Kentucky

94 months ago

If you have a family member who works for UPS, don't even bother applying for a full-time job there. I have a "step-brother" (my mother re-married less than a year ago, her husband's son works for UPS over 2,000 miles away from where I applied. I've met the guy like twice) and after a lengthy phone interview was invited to an in-person interview. Only, a few hours later they called back and told me they could no longer consider me because of their nepotism policy. Basically, the only explanation was that if I was full-time then I could possibly get promoted to management where I could possibly be transferred to the exact place where my "step-brother" works and I could possibly be his boss and that wouldn't be ethical.

SO, all that to say, if you have a family member, even a distant one that works for UPS, don't waste your time filling out the application, unless you are only applying for part-time work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tris in Sanford, Florida

93 months ago

Not true there is brother and sister in my hub and management knows it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

hannah in Wilmore, Kentucky

93 months ago

Yeah, but are either of them in a full-time position? If they are both package handlers it's fine, but they told be full-time positions have the nepotism policy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joshua Ferguson in Salem, Oregon

90 months ago

My wife and I both work for UPS. She worked for UPS for 10 years before I applied (we had been married over 14 years at that time).

I am in the process of going management and the only requirement they have is that I cannot be her Supervisor in any way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.