UPS Driver Helper

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Nathan Hall in Mississippi

19 months ago

I'm a high school junior and I want to get a manual labor job this coming summer before I go to college in two years. I've read that UPS is a great company if you're looking for a part-time job and aren't afraid to work hard. That being said, what I want most is the experience and work ethic I will likely gain in addition to a respect for the millions out there who do manual labor full-time. Does UPS hire people my age? (I'm not afraid to work hard.) If so, when should I apply to know by the summer? If they don't, do you have any recommendations for other manual labor jobs for a high school student?

Thank you for your time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kevin in Stratford, Connecticut

16 months ago

For starters, you have to be 18 to be hired at UPS. It is a great company to start working for after high school, but id suggest applying for package handler. Ive been a package handler since november and i just got promoted to supervisor. Im only 18, in fact im the youngest person at my hub, i turned 18 the 3rd of november and started the 5th lol. Its a great job. Way better than fast food or any other BS "kid jobs" youll feel good after a hard shifts work plus the benefits are the best in the country!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.